Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gift and The Curse Pt: 2 Tales from the Night

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    It may sound strange but those restrictions from XB1 and PS4 are definitely in place and already were for PCARS 1. They just look like they became more severe with PCARS 2 because the number of cars, classes and track layout increased significantly.
    That's why putting multiple classes in one discipline and limiting leaderboards by disciplines instead of classes was a necessary evil.

Lovin' your inside stories btw. Keep it up!
    Appreciate the encouragement.
    CAR AIN'T GOT NO ROOF!!!!! - Young Dro

All difficult things have their origin in that which is easy, and great things in that which is small - Lao Tzu
    The following user likes this Post: Bealdor

Platform
    XBOX1
    Chapter 6: Game Chat

For PCars 3 my biggest wish is for proper Game Chat. I really want to see SMS do well because they are producing the type of game that I want to play. This is a bug that I will put on SMS but I also sympathize with them because Game Chat has been rumored to bring lag into multiplayer gameplay. What made Nascar 09 a Underground Racing hit was proper game chat.

Game chat serves as Race Communication. Guys like to play PCars without a headset or Mic. This is 1 of the reasons Public Multiplayer is so dysfunctional. You can not have a serious race if everybody in the room cant hear each other. You dont have to necessarily speak the same language but you have to be able to hear. If you go to a real race the team can speak to its driver. The driver can speak to the team. The Teams can speak to each other and the fans can get headsets and listen to everybody. So why in the Name of Good Racing would you not wear a headset as a means of communication when you race.

Now Im about to give you the Great Paradox which is PCars. We all know that in the current generation of Consoles that the OG Xbox sucks but here is the Paradox because of its Party Chat and Community features PCars 2 from a Multiplayer perspective is actually best on Xbox. (Go figure)

This brings me to my next point. For us on Xbox Party Chat is a great work around but it is not game chat. Let me explain. When it comes to Chat in multiplayer chat is very Social. Some guys are Rockstars some guys are shy or really reserved but the whole experience is highly social.

So to explain this in a very simple way. Game Chat is like a Public Bar the rules are the same for everybody. Where as Party Chat is like a Private Party where the rules are set by whoever is Hosting the party.
    Last edited by DECATUR PLAYA; 12-12-2019 at 07:00.

All difficult things have their origin in that which is easy, and great things in that which is small - Lao Tzu
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Bealdor, cluck

Platform
    XBOX1
    Chapter 7: The Secret Language of The Lap Time

Now we about to go deep. Since guys dont like wearing Headsets when they race we developed another language another way of communicating with each other thru our Lap Times. When you come into a Qualifying session and set or dont set a Lap Time you should know that guys are reading you by that Lap Time. Your Lap Time says everything about you whether you want it to or not. Every Fast guy has been slow therefore they know the progression from Slow to Fast and every mark in between. In future Chapters I will be identifying different types of Drivers and I will use Lap Times to identify each class of Driver. The Track used to identify each Type of Driver will be Monza. The Car Class will be GT3.

What makes this Identifying process possible is the Stefan Johansson Vaxjo clocking system in PCars 2. The Clocking system is unbeatable. You can not cheat the system. There are some possibilities of Lag Times but for the most part the system works flawlessly. This is another old wishlist feature that we take here for granted. We wished for years to have proper clocking because leaderboards on old games was trash full of lagged times and cheats. The same system that monitors track cutting during races is the exact same that the clocking system runs off of. The 2 systems are virtually the same. As they say at Longhorn Steakhouse " You cant fake Steak". Well in PCars you cant Fake a Lap Time and thats why your Lap Time speaks Volumes about you.
    Last edited by DECATUR PLAYA; 02-03-2020 at 04:56.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Chapter 8: GT3 Please

This 1 will be quick. Got to go to bed.

Most guys dont understand why GT3 is raced in so many rooms. Is it because its the Best Class in PCars 2 yeah thats a little bit of it. I talked earlier about a general consensus, a common ground. Well in PCars 2 GT3 is that Common Ground. I have raced a lot of GT3 and it is not my best or favorite Car Class. Because of my play style the Homologation in the gears it makes GT3 a struggle for me although with a lot of work I have done well in GT3.

GT3 in PCars 2 is more than a Car Class it is a proving ground. It is a meeting place. It is a comfort zone.

Old lobby leader trick for filling up your room quickly

GT3 Monza or Red Bull Ring

Your almost Guaranteed to have at least 8 by the time the race starts. Then the next race you switch the Car Class. Often you will find in a room with communication that most guys are cool with changing the car. In this instance GT3 just served as a meeting place.

TO BE CONTINUED.....
    Last edited by DECATUR PLAYA; 02-03-2020 at 04:59.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Chapter 9: Cautions

This is really just a add on to the Game Chat chapter. Mr. Bell was asked about cautions on the forum prior to the release of PCars 2 and his response was that SMS left it out because they thought it was boring. Now most people didnt know what boring meant but I knew exactly what he meant.

Cautions are fun because they bunch the field back up and give guys a chance who would otherwise be out of the race. Now think about all of the Turn 1 and ramming threads that have been on this forum. Cautions get boring really quickly when you get so many cautions that you cant race.

This is where game chat comes in again. If you got everybody in 1 chat then you can call your own cautions. Back it down to 50mph let everybody catch up and then when you call your own cautions you can make up your own restart rules. Like starting on the next straight after everybody is lined up.

Again you need everybody in 1 chat to pull this off but if you can pull it off it is actually a much much more fun way of doing Cautions.

Platform
    PC
    Moved the thread to the Multiplayer subforum
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    It took me some time to read your insights and I am amazed by the export that you have in creating a long chapter.

PS. I am not yet done with the reading but will continue after this post.

Platform
    XBOX1
    THE DRIVERS OF PCARS

Chapter 10: U.S. Drivers

Most U.S. Drivers that I know feel that PCars doesn't cater to the American Driver. Not enough content. When PCars 2 released I sort of felt the same way. Thats was before I actually explored the CONTENT!!!!!!! I spoke about Nascar 09 earlier and I will speak on it again later but for now I want you to know this. Nascar 09 was the last Nascar game designed by E.A. It was not until I played PCars 1 that I realized that Nascar 09 was a hardcore simulation. I had been looking for this fix for a long time and for some reason every racing game that I played they just didnt have it didnt have what I was looking for. It was not until I played PCars that I could feel that kind of connection with the road again. There was a lot of guys that played 09 that went over to help design and race in the early days of Iracing. A lot of guys that worked for E.A.'s Nascar division also went over to Iracing. When I heard Iracing's physics decribed as Icy I knew exactly what they were talking about. The difference between PCars 2 Nascar physics and NASCAR 09 physics that may or may not have transferred over to Iracing can be explained like this

One of the favorite things to do on Nascar 09 was watch a guy try to take off out of the pits in Qualifying for the first time ever. The poor guy would take off and just spin the car out endlessly. You had to learn throttle management just to get out of your pit box. PCars 2 Nascar this is much harder to do out of the pit box because there is more real tire grip. You can spin the car out coming out of the pit box on PCars 2 also but it takes way more abuse of the throttle to do because there is simply more real tire grip in the PCars 2 Tire Model.

The PCars 2 Nascar Physics are perfect. I love Plate Racing and the PCars 2 Nascar experience at Daytona is perfect. The Wall physics are perfect. The Draft physics are perfect. The Side Drafting is perfect. The Bump Drafting is perfect. The Dirty Air Physics are perfect. In my Opinion It is the best Nascar Experience I have played since Nascar 09.

I wanted to talk about the INDY Experience just a little bit as well. I have watched a lot of INDY 500's. Got a lot of favorite INDY Drivers but right now for some reason Tony Kanaan's Helmet View is in my head right now. When I race at Indy the racing FEELS like Im watching T.V.

Its a lot of hardcore American Racers out there and most of them are good dudes. American guys love helping guys out and they like to have a good time but believe you me the serious Hardcore guys are really serious about they Racin so watchout.
    Last edited by DECATUR PLAYA; 19-12-2019 at 06:34.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Chapter 11: The Eurozone

You guys are the reason I had to STOP playin PCars. Seriously. The most FUN I have had on PCars is playing with the Europeans. I had to stop. If I didnt stop I was going to wreck my UPS truck. You guys had me going to work on like 3 hrs. sleep.

There was something that would happen in my room about 2 or 3 times a week. We liked to call it the "Majic Hour". The Majic Hour was really a 2hr time span from 1am to 3am here on the East Coast of the United States. So the Majic Hour was really 1:30am to 2:30am Eastern Standard Time.

It was not as late in the Midwest here in the States and it was a really good time to play with guys out on the West coast of the United States but the guys who would really set my room on fire was the early morning Europeans. Trolls dont generally wake up early in the morning to Troll so these early morning Europeans would generally be some Hardcore Racers. My room would fill up quickly when these dudes started coming on. As soon as 2 or 3 dudes left 2 or 3 more dudes would be coming in to take their place. Guys would be sending me messages trying to get into the room it was INSANE!!!! Some nights I just couldn't go to bed as the night went on 3am, 4am, 5am and the racing would only be getting better and better as more guys was becoming familiar with each other over the course of the night. I had to give it up I was driving sleep at the wheel on my real job.

I had a blast with you guys. Hope to be doing it again real soon.
    Last edited by DECATUR PLAYA; 19-12-2019 at 06:37.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Chapter 12: The South Americans

I got a chance to go up against some pretty Hardcore South American Race Teams over the course of playing PCars 1 and PCars 2. Mostly out of Brazil. One of my race buddies out of N.Y. "TRUE RACING" was Dominican so thats how our to race teams broke the Language Barrier. Basically I had a translator. We had some fierce battles and some really good days of racing with those guys.

This story is more about how PCars has been a education for me. It has been fun to meet guys from all over the world that share a common bond and love their racing as much as I do.