Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Gift and The Curse Pt: 2 Tales from the Night

Platform
    PC
    Thanks for the shout out and we really enjoyed our time with PC2 and had some healthy lobbies going daily, just a shame about the netcode for larger grids, not gonna knock the game though 1250 hours I think I have in it so worth every penny.

Oh please don't remind me of the troll lol ;-)

Oh and the safety rating, yeah we lowered it to allow low ranked players in that messaged or joined our Discord and then raised it back up works well ;-)

I seem to have attracted a troll in Raceroom lately, must be a troll magnet lol.
    Last edited by Charger; 17-12-2019 at 21:22.
    'Racers Without Borders'
    http://rwbracing.club/
    https://www.rwbracing.club/events/
    Discord rwbracing.club/discord
    Commodore 64, 64K RAM, Tape Drive, Grundig TV. Overclocked ;-)
    The following user likes this Post: DECATUR PLAYA

Platform
    XBOX1
    Chapter: 24 My Best Win Ever

PCars 1 Story

One night a guy by the name of TNT WREN came in my room. He had been in my room twice before for a race or 2. I had seen WREN's name here on the Old forum. Back then it was just 1 color you guys got all these crazy different colors now I dont know who is who. WREN was a Orange guy here on the forum. He was a WMD Member. The first couple of times he was in the room he won the races but I couldn't put a finger on where I had seen this guys name. Then I remembered seeing it here.

This 3rd night WREN came in the room I knew who he was. I told all my buddies who he was so we all got super hype to race him.

At this time on PCars I was probably a Slower Solo Assassin. WREN was a Alien for sure. We was racing at Brands Hatch GP in GT3 cars. Now I had been practicing at Brands Hatch for about a week because there was a Community Event there for the Old SLS Challenges I think it was called. I had been specifically practicing on the Druids turn. I felt like I was losing a lot of time in that turn. I had practiced it so much that I had gotten really fast in that turn and found multiple ways thru that turn. So back to the race.

WREN qualified 1st cant remember the time but it was fast as a bat out of Hell. I qualified 2nd and started on the outside of WREN. The race started and we was off. Into the 1st Turn and down the hill WREN had already started to pull away and was going to have a pretty sizeable lead coming out of the Druids but I had been practicing at the Druids. As WREN entered the Druids turn he eased up just a little I think so he could make sure he cleared it clean and then blast off out of the back side. As he eased up it allowed me to catch him in the Druids and come off the turn just inside his quarter panel. I think it shook him that I was there because without contact he slightly went off to the left. Once his tires hit the grass he had to let out of throttle and he got freight trained by all my buddies and dropped back to about 7th place. This is where the conversation started in the Party Chat.

Trapworks: Decatur did you hit that Dude.

Decatur: No it was a clean pass.

Trapworks: Well he is way back there now.

Tru Racing: Yeah he back behind BAMA.

BAMA: Yeah he fell back there behind some of them other Dudes. He out of the race.

Half a lap later

BAMA: WHOA!!!! Where this Dude come from. A Decatur its that WREN dude he on my ass. Nevermind he is past me. Coming up on you Tru.

Tru Racing: He's not gonna get past me. Nevermind he just got past me. Here he come Trap.

Trapworks: I see him. Damn he is fast. Yeah he is catching me Decatur I think you pissed him off.

Mind you I have built a 15 sec lead on Trapworks do to the big jumble up thru the Druids on the first lap. At that time we was doing 6 lap races. We pick up on the 2nd lap. Trap made Wren battle for 2nd place and that battle probably won me the race.

Trapworks: Good Move. He got me Decatur. He is coming for you now.

Decatur: I got this.

Trapworks: I dont know Bro. That dude is moving.

This was the first time I felt pressure from a real Alien. You would think with a 15 sec lead shouldn't feel any pressure right. Wrong. This guy was moving. Every turn it felt like I was losing 2 secs to this guy. It actually wasnt that bad but the time between us kept shrinking with every turn. It got to the point where I couldn't look at the track I could only look at my lead shrinking away. I was doing calculations in my head to see if I could hold this guy off at the pace my lead was shrinking away. We got halfway thru the last lap now I can see this guy in my mirror. Didnt matter how fast I drove it seemed. If I executed a turn perfectly he matched it if I screwed up he captilized. All talking in the room had ceased as it was crunch time. With palms sweating and heart racing as we cleared the last turn for the finish line now he is just off my bumper but I had just enough juice to get across the line in front of him. This was my best win. I have plenty since then but this race was special. At least for me anyway.

The Victory was short lived though as WREN was in the room early the next night and destroyed us all night long.
    Last edited by DECATUR PLAYA; 18-12-2019 at 17:25.
    CAR AIN'T GOT NO ROOF!!!!! - Young Dro

All difficult things have their origin in that which is easy, and great things in that which is small - Lao Tzu
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Bealdor, cluck, hkraft300, Maskmagog

Platform
    XBOX1
    Chapter: 25 NASCAR 09

I said that I would write about 09 again in this thread. You may wonder what does 09 have to do with PCars. Trust me the story will come full circle.

NASCAR 09 was the last Nascar game developed by E.A. Sports. It was a hardcore racing simulation. Like PCars it was also ahead of its time. If I remember the numbers correctly E.A. shut the project down because the game only sold 500,000 copies. Would have been a good number for some developers but not for E.A. About 1 year after they shut the project down they shut the servers down so we could no longer play it. That was a sad day as the game was a Underground Hit. For those of us who played it regularly it seemed as though it had a huge Underground following but I guess the sales numbers did not match the games Underground following. After that the NASCAR license bounced around to a few different developers that didnt work out. The point is with NASCAR 09 we in that community had something that was very special and we lost it and to this day it has not been replaced at least at the console level(Iracing PC). For all you guys who love PCars as I do you dont want to know that feeling. As you can see this is not my first Rodeo. I have seen all this stuff play out before. My hope and belief is that it will not play out the same way for PCars. Lets continue to support this team as they take us into the future.

All difficult things have their origin in that which is easy, and great things in that which is small - Lao Tzu
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Bealdor, cluck

Platform
    XBOX1
    Conclusion: See you on the Track

I did this thread guys because I just wanted you guys to know a different PCars. I did this thread because I think because of PCars realism that it shines it's brightest when played against real people. Not knocking how anyone else plays because I feel you should play PCars however you want. You spent your money for it. I just wanted to enlighten guys to a PCars world that lays way below the surface.

I met a guy around the time of the Ford Fusion at Daytona Community Event. His name is Giffy99 I think cant remember the exact spelling. The guy was out of Wisconsin and a big NASCAR fan. He had met some guys from France that had discovered NASCAR on PCars and they loved it. He said he had been racing with them for about 4 or 5 months and that they was doing full blown NASCAR events with a race director and everything. I think they had even started broadcasting to a small audience. This is the PCars that I know.

P.S. Hadn't seen the new Star Wars movie yet but the Wookie always survives.

This thread brought to you Nightly By: 2 stiff Shots of Jack Daniels

See you guys on the Track.
    Last edited by DECATUR PLAYA; 03-03-2020 at 07:19.

The following 6 users likes this Post: Bealdor, cluck, cpcdem, hkraft300, Maskmagog, rich1e I

Platform
    PC
    Thank you for those great stories Decatur!
    This is one of, if not THE best PCARS related thread I've read this year, and I've read a lot .
    I think everyone who's still active on this forum has his/her own reasons to enjoy this franchise but it's very rare to see those reasons being expressed in such a captivating way.
    So thank you again for your efforts and those great insights.

Thread stickied because that's the place it deserves.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 10700KF@Stock + UV | GPU ASUS TUF RTX3080 Gaming OC 10GB 1920MHz@900mV | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | MB MSI Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi | SSD 1 1000GB Patriot VPN100 M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 NVME | SSD 2 1000GB Samsung 860-EVO | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Monitor Iiyama 34" Ultrawide Curved 3440x1440 | Wheel Fanatec CSW 2.5 + Clubsport Formula V2 + CSL Elite Steering Wheel WRC | Pedals Fanatec CSL Elite LC
    Second Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27

STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 4 users likes this Post: cluck, DECATUR PLAYA, hkraft300, rich1e I

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    Thank you for those great stories Decatur!
    This is one of, if not THE best PCARS related thread I've read this year, and I've read a lot .
    I think everyone who's still active on this forum has his/her own reasons to enjoy this franchise but it's very rare to see those reasons being expressed in such a captivating way.
    So thank you again for your efforts and those great insights.

Thread stickied because that's the place it deserves.
    Thanks Bealdor

I want to make a couple of video upgrades. Second best win on PCars a sticky.

The following user likes this Post: Bealdor

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Bealdor directed me to this thread and I'm glad he did, it has been a most welcome read, so thank you for taking the considerable time to create it and share your thoughts and experiences.

For anybody jumping to this, all I can say is that you should take an hour out of your day to read the whole thread from the start, it is well worth the investment in time to read it. It's people like DECATUR that show that there are true gamers out there and they are the majority, it's just that they are often the silent majority, drowned out by those that want to make their dissatisfactions heard louder. DECATUR strikes me as a real, proper, gamer, somebody that loves games and has an appreciation for the work and love that goes into making them.

The gaming world needs to hear from more people like Decatur, to warm the hearts of both gamers and developers alike.

Top job
    PC Setup : Intel Core i9-9900K w/Noctua NH-D15 Black cooler // MSI RTX 3080 Suprim X GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Corsair RM850i 850W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //
    The following 5 users likes this Post: chastewand, DECATUR PLAYA, hkraft300, Mad Al, rich1e I

Platform
    PS4
    Oh man I've met a bunch of guys on Ps4 public lobbies that just got dealt a different hand in life but belong behind the wheel in a professional motorsport.
    You can be bumper to bumper inches with these guys lap after lap after lap with zero contact. Holding high level pace, pit strategy, understanding the tuning and setup of cars... Living out their race driver alter egos on project cars. They're not just fast in a GT car they're bloody fast in everything.
    There are guys with race calling commentator talent, super entertaining but humble in that they know they lack the pace to run with the guys in their lobby so they just retire, monitor and call the race.
    Friendly guys that want to learn or check out your setup. Guys that race together and guys that run solo just sneaking around in public lobbies, kicking arse and taking names.
    Side note: Funny thing is gt3 bathurst for aussies is the equivalent to gt3 Monza for everyone else. If you're quick on bathurst, you can run with some of these freaks.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following 2 users likes this Post: DECATUR PLAYA, rich1e I

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Absolutely. Really enjoyed reading this thread and I think you're a good lobby host. I definitely would've come to race in your lobbies regularly. Gift and Curse sums it up pretty nicely. Infinite options and lobby settings can make things really complicated.

My biggest gripe with MP on Xbox was (and still is) the failed idea of creating clean racing with the CRL, apparently on all platforms. Sure, it isn't perfect but it had huge potential. It seems like most people just have no idea how it was supposed to work. People started to focus on their performance rating and started to consider it to be the center of their racing universe up to the point that people even started making abuse of features to minimize their loss and maximise the gain of points. Disconnecting from a race wouldn't be frustrating because they couldn't race anymore, they'd complain about the loss of points. Winning a race itself wouldn't be a reason to be satisfied, no, they'd complain because gaining only 2 points would be considered a joke after such intense racing.
    Unfortunately SMS also made the mistake of sending the wrong signals by giving wrong incentives, so people started to target those 2000 performance points, which were necessary to take part in some community e-sports events, forgetting to just race and have some fun.

I liked reading your stories because they're about gaming, about community and bringing people together, and the passion for (fair) racing. My favourite chapter is 'The Wiz of Aus'. Thank you for the nice little journey! ^^
    Last edited by rich1e I; 18-12-2019 at 19:46.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Thank you for the kind words guys. Got a lot of Editing to do. Will let you know when its finished.

The following user likes this Post: rich1e I