Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Xbox one Fanatec question

  1. #1
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    7
    Platform
    PC

    Xbox one Fanatec question

    I have a Xbox one and club sport v2.5 base f1 v2 wheel and v3 inverted pedals. PC2 shows I have a Thrustmaster base with an Xbox wheel and a Xbox 360 2 pedal set up, it wonít let me change it or use a clutch. I have tried deleting the game and downloaded it again, same problem. My brother has the same setup with v3 standard pedals and the same problem. Is there anyway to change this?

  2. #2
    GT4 Pilot Zaskarspants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    2,248
    Platform
    PC
    I have similar gear and it is working fine. I just plugged it all in and pcars2 recognised it.
    However you must have something wonky so perhaps it will help if I mention a few things.

    You must update the wheel base befor use according to fanatec advice by using a pc, hopefully you did that.

    Is your power button green? If it is not and is red you are in pc mode and need to swap to Xbox mode by pressing the correct buttons on the wheel. I forget which buttons so check the instructions.
    Ryzen9 5900x, rtx3090, reverb G2, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec DD2, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

  3. #3
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    7
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    I have similar gear and it is working fine. I just plugged it all in and pcars2 recognised it.
    However you must have something wonky so perhaps it will help if I mention a few things.

    You must update the wheel base befor use according to fanatec advice by using a pc, hopefully you did that.

    Is your power button green? If it is not and is red you are in pc mode and need to swap to Xbox mode by pressing the correct buttons on the wheel. I forget which buttons so check the instructions.
    Yeah I did all that, even reinstalled it just to make sure. It all works fine on Assetto Corsa, I am guessing an Xbox update in the last year or more has caused the issue because the setup instruction page on the Fanatec website has several comments about it. I realize they have moved on to pc3 but not supporting the current game makes me not interested in the next version. I contacted technical help we will see if they are helpful.

  4. #4
    GT4 Pilot Zaskarspants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    2,248
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrider1883 View Post
    Yeah I did all that, even reinstalled it just to make sure. It all works fine on Assetto Corsa, I am guessing an Xbox update in the last year or more has caused the issue because the setup instruction page on the Fanatec website has several comments about it. I realize they have moved on to pc3 but not supporting the current game makes me not interested in the next version. I contacted technical help we will see if they are helpful.
    You appear to be being misled by irrelevant issues from way back, and that issue around patch 4 was fixed and it wasn't the same as your issue anyway. No one else has reported this issue so you and your brother need to work out where you have gone wrong.

    Do all inputs function in the fanatec page on your pc?

    Are you using any usb extensions? If so avoid the cheapest as they have caused issues for some in the past.

    It is very odd that you say all is fine in AC but not in pcars.
    Last edited by Zaskarspants; 29-12-2019 at 15:07. Reason: Typoi
    Ryzen9 5900x, rtx3090, reverb G2, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec DD2, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

  5. #5
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    7
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    You appear to be being misled by irrelevant issues from way back, and that issue around patch 4 was fixed and it wasn't the same as your issue anyway. No one else has reported this issue so you and your brother need to work out where you have gone wrong.

    Do all inputs function in the fanatec page on your pc?

    Are you using any usb extensions? If so avoid the cheapest as they have caused issues for some in the past. Also works perfectly on calibration mode on pc and in forza.

    It is very odd that you say all is fine in AC but not in pcars.
    Actually there are other posts on this forum about this very problem and one on reddit. All our cables are from Fanatec.

  6. #6
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    7
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    You appear to be being misled by irrelevant issues from way back, and that issue around patch 4 was fixed and it wasn't the same as your issue anyway. No one else has reported this issue so you and your brother need to work out where you have gone wrong.

    Do all inputs function in the fanatec page on your pc?

    Are you using any usb extensions? If so avoid the cheapest as they have caused issues for some in the past.

    It is very odd that you say all is fine in AC but not in pcars.
    Also it all works on forza, or as well as anything works in forza. Thatís kind of why I thought I needed to set a Specific wheel in settings because the feedback from the game doesnít feel great to me even though I have adjusted it for hours, it feels a lot like forza with what Iím running.

  7. #7
    GT4 Pilot Zaskarspants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    2,248
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrider1883 View Post
    Actually there are other posts on this forum about this very problem and one on reddit. All our cables are from Fanatec.
    I had a look for people having an issue like yours in the hope I could find a cure for you but I came up with nothing, maybe my Google powers are weak, I couldn't find any threads where Xbox users had this issue. Can you post those links here? How did those users fix the issue? Fanatec gear is very well supported by pcars so it must be vexing for you.

    Pc users do have issues with peripherals at times due to the complications of that platform but the Xbox is very simple to use and has few pitfalls.
    Last edited by Zaskarspants; 30-12-2019 at 11:48.
    Ryzen9 5900x, rtx3090, reverb G2, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec DD2, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

  8. #8
    GT4 Pilot Zaskarspants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    2,248
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrider1883 View Post
    Also it all works on forza, or as well as anything works in forza. That’s kind of why I thought I needed to set a Specific wheel in settings because the feedback from the game doesn’t feel great to me even though I have adjusted it for hours, it feels a lot like forza with what I’m running.
    Well it's good that you have it working now, but this is still with the incorrect profile displayed on the controller page? And you still can't select the fanatec profile?
    Ryzen9 5900x, rtx3090, reverb G2, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec DD2, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

  9. #9
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    7
    Platform
    PC
    No still shows Thrustmaster.

  10. #10
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    7
    Platform
    PC
    I will try to link it later when I have my computer, it’s not letting on mobile right now. One of them is titled Xbox 1 Fanatec csw 2.5 help posted by johnmc.

Similar Threads

  1. Fanatec CSW v2.5 question
    By Olijke Poffer in forum Technical Help & Support (PC)
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-08-2018, 05:48
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 18-10-2017, 00:58
  3. Xbox 1 Fanatec CSW 2.5 help
    By JohnMc in forum Project CARS 2 on XBOX One
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-10-2017, 07:35
  4. Fanatec CSS SQ question
    By Linx in forum PS4 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-09-2015, 20:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •