Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: PopsRacer FFB - New custom FFB file for Project Cars 2

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hi guys. Sorry but how to download it? I do not see the link.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoshechka View Post
    Hi guys. Sorry but how to download it? I do not see the link.
    The link to the PDF is in the posting. The PDF contains the link to the FFB and the three SimHub overlays.

Here's the link again:
    https://dl.orangedox.com/5IqnwrGLO9LBOezujA
    Please try my awesome custom FFB file called PopsRacer FFB. Looking for feedback on all wheel bases. This is a huge upgrade to PCars2 IMHO!
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...Project-Cars-2

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Hello,
    Can you maybe explain how we need to install this ?
    i use a clubsport V2 base

So what i need to copy/paste ?? do we copy/paste the complete txt file or ???
    and i guess the folder will be : C:\Users\wimim\Documents\Project CARS 2 ???

Because the only things i find back or in the options => FFB
    GAIN,VOLYME,TONE and fx
    other settings i dont find back

big thx in advance and have a nice sunday
    Last edited by wikke1984; 17-10-2021 at 08:21.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by wikke1984 View Post
    Hello,
    Can you maybe explain how we need to install this ?
    i use a clubsport V2 base

So what i need to copy/paste ?? do we copy/paste the complete txt file or ???
    and i guess the folder will be : C:\Users\wimim\Documents\Project CARS 2 ???

Because the only things i find back or in the options => FFB
    GAIN,VOLYME,TONE and fx
    other settings i dont find back

big thx in advance and have a nice sunday
    Hello wikke1984,
    Brief installation instructions:

1) Download the latest custom FFB from the first page of this thread (more information there), currently V2021.10.11 (or the link below)
    https://dl.orangedox.com/2EM13VqlAvctRUGAeO

2) Copy the appropriate new FFB txt file into the ...\Documents\Project CARS 2\ folder. You can delete (or you can rename it to keep a backup record) the existing file "ffb_custom_settings.txt" and after that rename the new custom file to "ffb_custom_settings.txt".

3) Restart the game and in the game's OPTIONS/CONTROLS/FORCE FEEDBACK menu select CUSTOM and it will be working. In version V2021.10.11 All the in-game sliders are used the same as before. Since you are new to this, they had been changed to custom features on my previous FFB versions.

4) My optional advice is to assign/bind the FFB volume +/- buttons onto your wheel to change the strength on-the-fly while driving. Each different car you drive may need to adjust the FFB strength.

BTW- Unfortunately this SMS forum is pretty dead. If you need more help, I post the same FFB updates on Race Department's website.
    Please try my awesome custom FFB file called PopsRacer FFB. Looking for feedback on all wheel bases. This is a huge upgrade to PCars2 IMHO!

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    thx for the reply mate.
    i see there is a new version again lol.
    can you maybe share your settings because i am using also clubsport V2 base ...
    Because in the new version there it says gain is gain (default is 100) and in previious post you say you are using gain 30
    is there any app in the game to see if your wheel is clipping ??

just mapping those buttons that i dont find, maybe i am looking over it lol

as your files : i am using this file : ffb_custom_settings_PopsRacerFFB v2021.10.11_Full SOP Chassis (MID to DD).txt and then i copy/paste all the text from it to the "ffb_custom_settings.txt" file and then save it.

thx for the reply and the info and the effort offcorse
    greetings

Platform
    PC
    Telemetry HUD
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    thx for the reply mate.
    i see there is a new version again lol.
    can you maybe share your settings because i am using also clubsport V2 base ...
    Because in the new version there it says gain is gain (default is 100) and in previious post you say you are using gain 30

just mapping those buttons that i dont find, maybe i am looking over it lol

as your files : i am using this file : ffb_custom_settings_PopsRacerFFB v2021.10.11_Full SOP Chassis (MID to DD).txt and then i copy/paste all the text from it to the "ffb_custom_settings.txt" file and then save it.

thx for the reply and the info and the effort offcorse
    greetings
    In my previous versions, I had used the GAIN, TONE, FX to function differently. Hopefully, it hadn't confused and turned people away, but I was trying to achieve different things. In the current version I had discovered more about the game's physics engine and don't feel I need to compensate with any special sliders this time around, they are back to the game's default. A lot of my past work is still inside the FFB file, just preconfigured and kept simple for the user. The GAIN slider is the most useless slider, it just brings the volume of everything down. I always keep that at 100.

The CS V2.0 and V2.5 should be very similar, but feedback from other users on my past FFB stated things that tell me they are more different than I would have guessed. In the FFB text file, I try to include notes of my setting on my v2.5. Below is a Copy & Paste from the file. The Fanatec wheelbase settings are important to get right. I've recently been increasing the in-game TONE slider to 70, which will make your overall center feel tighter and the overall FFB stronger. It feels better in every car I've tried, but you'll need to lower the FFB volume to a comfortable force setting and to what your wheelbase can deliver while avoiding clipping. Typically each car's volume needs to be set differently after that, but that's a quick fix while you drive if you bind that control that to your wheel. In the end, FFB is very subjective. Find what feels good to you.

The in-game telemetry HUD will show you clipping. Here's a link to the posting I grabbed this from. I didn't read the post thread, just the graphics image is important to help explain what the graph is displaying.
    https://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...=1#post1422443
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cOSlR2R.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	146.0 KB 
ID:	285576
    ------------------------------------------

# My current in-game settings on my Fanatec CSW V2.5 are:
    # GAIN 100 (normal overall FFB gain)
    # VOLUME 50 (FFB strength) *This changes per car that you are driving.
    # TONE 50 (normal SMS tone control; lateral [Fy] forces and the Z mementum [Mz]) (ie- a setting of 50 is full 100% game pure balanced physics scale. Some cars show some errors in FFB)
    # (Set tone slider to 50 will make Fy=100% and Mz=100%)
    # (Set tone slider to 100 will make Fy=200% and Mz=0% )
    # (Set tone slider to 0 will make Fy=0% and Mz=200%)
    # sitting the tone slider to 100 will take away the tug in some cars. Try Bruno and the Toyota LMP1 Hybrid. At a balanced slider of 50 the car will tug throughout the cornering.
    # FX 30 (road detail noise)

# My Fanatec wheelbase settings are:
    # SEN Auto
    # FF 100
    # SHO 000
    # ABS 000
    # DRI OFF
    # FOR 100
    # SPR OFF
    # DPR 00
    # FEI 030 * Change this on your wheel if you want more/less sharper feedback

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    ....can you maybe share your settings because i am using also Clubsport V2 base ...
    Here are some more settings for you to consider and what I find comfortable at different tone settings on my CS V2.5. For the most part, it feels best to me with a TONE setting somewhere between 50 and 75. These are very likely to change as I'm exploring some different factors in the SOP (yes, I have some more new discoveries), but there will be some more time and testing until the next update....

# My Fanatec wheelbase settings are:
    # SEN Auto
    # FF 100
    # SHO 000
    # ABS 000
    # DRI OFF
    # FOR 100
    # SPR OFF
    # DPR 00
    # FEI 030 * Change this on your wheel if you want more/less sharper feedback

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	some personal suggested settings for v2021.10.11.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	147.1 KB 
ID:	285636

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Letís keep hope for the best racing sim. Please spread the word. Social media isnít what I know best.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Quote Originally Posted by jordaneast View Post
    Letís keep hope for the best racing sim. Please spread the word. Social media isnít what I know best.
    Im assuming you are enjoying my Custom FFB, ThanksÖ Please check on race departments website as I have posted another update there. I am booked on other personal projects for the next week+ and I posted the update there as there is a lot more activity on that website. I do have another update that I had worked on as well (not enough testing time), but these are really good until I can get back to PC2Ö

All the best,
    Pops