Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

Thread: PopsRacer FFB - New custom FFB file for Project Cars 2

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Hi Pops

I have given this and the previous version a go, and haven’t found them very nice to use. I have to have gain and fx on nothing to try and reduce lots of micro vibrations.
    I’m not sure center boost is adding anything more than an increase in these road vibrations .
    Ideally if centre boost was working the best way, it would eliminate the need for in file tightening.

Generally I don’t think tyre patch based feedback is nice . It’s too sensitive to rough texture.
    I was able to make it more satisfying by drastically increasing the blends from 0.35 to 2.00 , so I was in theory more biased towards tyre grips.
    But ultimately it still feels unbalanced in forces. It’s a bit vague in middle and slightly delayed in lateral loading.

T300Rs Gt wheel , T3pa Pro inverted pedals
    Intel core i5-3470 3.2-3.6 MHz , 8gb DDR3
    MSI Nvidia RTX 2060 6gb Ventus 1
    32" curved Konka 144hz monitor
    Running 4K

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuku Maddog View Post
    Hi Pops

I have given this and the previous version a go, and havenít found them very nice to use. I have to have gain and fx on nothing to try and reduce lots of micro vibrations.
    Iím not sure center boost is adding anything more than an increase in these road vibrations .
    Ideally if centre boost was working the best way, it would eliminate the need for in file tightening.

Generally I donít think tyre patch based feedback is nice . Itís too sensitive to rough texture.
    I was able to make it more satisfying by drastically increasing the blends from 0.35 to 2.00 , so I was in theory more biased towards tyre grips.
    But ultimately it still feels unbalanced in forces. Itís a bit vague in middle and slightly delayed in lateral loading.
    I know you are sensitive to the road detail and I am sorry for that. The new direction for my FFB is full-on "pure" physics. Thanks for your feedback. I like the added road information that is there directly from the physics. It seems to help me judge the sense of speed. Laser scanned tracks have the most and vary depending on which track I drive on. On my wheelbase, I swear that I can even feel the subtle cracks and paint lines on the track. You may be better off using an older FFB version that I had muted the detail, at that time, for other reasons. I've learned a lot over these months and have compared other FFB in other games that have been revered. I have also confirmed with other testers using your same wheelbase and they love this. I know I cannot make everyone happy. All I can do is all I can do.... Maybe a split-off FFB needs to be developed for the lesser detail.

Btw- The blend should be between 0.0 and 1.0. As this isn't a typical user variable I didn't create any added limits for those that want to tinker. If I recall correctly if you are setting the blends to 2.0 you'd have added some huge imbalance to the equation per each axial force and momentum that you are tinkering with.
    Last edited by goonchy; 15-02-2021 at 18:57.
    Please try my awesome custom FFB file called PopsRacer FFB. Looking for feedback on all wheel bases. This is a huge upgrade to PCars2 IMHO!
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...Project-Cars-2

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by goonchy View Post
    I know you are sensitive to the road detail and I am sorry for that. The new direction for my FFB is full-on "pure" physics. Thanks for your feedback. I like the added road information that is there directly from the physics. It seems to help me judge the sense of speed. Laser scanned tracks have the most and vary depending on which track I drive on. On my wheelbase, I swear that I can even feel the subtle cracks and paint lines on the track. You may be better off using an older FFB version that I had muted the detail, at that time, for other reasons. I've learned a lot over these months and have compared other FFB in other games that have been revered. I have also confirmed with other testers using your same wheelbase and they love this. I know I cannot make everyone happy. All I can do is all I can do.... Maybe a split-off FFB needs to be developed for the lesser detail.

Btw- The blend should be between 0.0 and 1.0. As this isn't a typical user variable I didn't create any added limits for those that want to tinker. If I recall correctly if you are setting the blends to 2.0 you'd have added some huge imbalance to the equation per each axial force and momentum that you are tinkering with.
    my blend value was just an experiment to see if it helped to change biases as i didn’t find 0.99 did enough.

While more track imperfection feel is a good thing over old files which feel so smooth compared to other sims . it needs to be relatable. what physics is occurring at the tyre patch surface isn’t what ends up at the wheel after being absorbed by suspension and steering systems.
    i couldn’t feel much in the way of suspension yaw or weight transfer pre tyre loading.

also the sliders scales aren’t allowing tuning of these effects if they are limited to very low levels of increase.

Running 4K

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    my blend value was just an experiment to see if it helped to change biases as i didn’t find 0.99 did enough.

While more track imperfection feel is a good thing over old files which feel so smooth compared to other sims . it needs to be relatable. what physics is occurring at the tyre patch surface isn’t what ends up at the wheel after being absorbed by suspension and steering systems.
    i couldn’t feel much in the way of suspension yaw or weight transfer pre tyre loading.

also the sliders scales aren’t allowing tuning of these effects if they are limited to very low levels of increase.
    I double-checked the FFB. Both the tire carcass (grip) and tire tread (patch) are getting the suspension travel information handed down to them equally. As far as the basic FFB, some of the BIG differences with the grip detail is that now I am NOT numbing down out all the physics scalers like -- deformation, adhesion, tack, tear, viscous, etc. I am only doing that for ABS/TC/SC only on one axis and that is still more informative then it used to be, if you turn that variable on (it's off and unfiltered by default). If you want me to build those back into this FFB I'd be happy to do that for you, just email me. Previously I had also limited some of the axis to cut back on harshness, but they are balanced and informative now with both carcass and patch active. I wish you can feel what I am feeling on my wheel setup, but then again you might not like that either.... I have a feeling that you've gotten the AMS2 bug, which feels different alltogether.

All the best,
    PopsRacer

...I also have a feeling you're one of those fast "alien" drivers that don't need much FFB to go fast.
    Last edited by goonchy; 16-02-2021 at 13:20.
    Please try my awesome custom FFB file called PopsRacer FFB. Looking for feedback on all wheel bases. This is a huge upgrade to PCars2 IMHO!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    here is my tuning fix.
    I feel like you must have some settings in wheel system that is adding some smoothing, maybe FEi ?
    Without more smoothing it feels like i have gravel on my tyres constantly
    This is much more usable and is tuned running similar in game setting's to your recommended .
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sa4...ew?usp=sharing

increasing bias towards carcass helped fill the wheel more and reduce vagueness.
    the main issue now is the self aligning torque is still too strong when catching slides etc. there's also a lack of feel of rear loosing grip.

Running 4K

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    here is my tuning fix.
    I feel like you must have some settings in wheel system that is adding some smoothing, maybe FEi ?
    Without more smoothing it feels like i have gravel on my tyres constantly
    This is much more usable and is tuned running similar in game setting's to your recommended .
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sa4...ew?usp=sharing

increasing bias towards carcass helped fill the wheel more and reduce vagueness.
    the main issue now is the self aligning torque is still too strong when catching slides etc. there's also a lack of feel of rear loosing grip.
    I won't be able to test this until later tonight, but try adjusting the MZ_blend towards the other end of the scale. This will reduce the torque centering. Does having the Engine at 30 and Deadzone at 0 work with your wheel and preferences?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by goonchy View Post
    I won't be able to test this until later tonight, but try adjusting the MZ_blend towards the other end of the scale. This will reduce the torque centering. Does having the Engine at 30 and Deadzone at 0 work with your wheel and preferences?
    it’s pretty much just alternate smoothing values.
    yes it does . as bumping up low forces volume should eliminate most deadzone issues.and certainly feels that way.

Running 4K

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hello - stupid noob question here, new to PC after
    using PC2 on console for a few years. I have been eagerly awaiting the ability to use these custom files I've heard so much about, but I'm not sure where to find the best version for my wheel (DD1) and how to install the files. Any help is very much appreciated and I'll def get some coffee for ya!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by L8Apex View Post
    Hello - stupid noob question here, new to PC after
    using PC2 on console for a few years. I have been eagerly awaiting the ability to use these custom files I've heard so much about, but I'm not sure where to find the best version for my wheel (DD1) and how to install the files. Any help is very much appreciated and I'll def get some coffee for ya!
    Welcome to the PC side of the game vs console. Besides playing Grand Turismo on PS2 and older, I started off playing PC2 on my PS4. The PC adds a lot to the SIM gaming side of things, but as always makes for configuration “fun” at times. Custom FFB, better graphics cards, VR, and Buttkickers and motion rigs make the change to PC well worth the hassle.

Installation, after you unzip my FFB file you’ll see 3 different files for different wheelbase types. You’ll use the (MID to DD) text file. You’ll need to copy and rename that file into “/Documents/Project Cars 2” folder and then rename the custom FFB file to “ffb_custom_settings”. You can either replace the existing file in that folder with this or rename the one in there from the game to something else.

For the in-game settings make sure you select “custom” for the FFB flavor. I don’t have an exact in-game settings for the DD wheels, but read through my changes of what each slider now does and start off with 1/2 my value settings and tweak till it feels great. The in game settings are probably a lot closer to my settings on my clubsport v2.5, but I’m just being conservative.

Maybe someone else with a DD wheel can chime in. Also it seems like the Race Department forum is more active be this SMS forum.

All the best
    PopsRacer

Sorry for typos... typing from my phone ��
    Last edited by goonchy; 27-02-2021 at 15:04.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks for the quick reply. Sent some coffee your way. The difference is amazing!