Thread: Speed Trials setups wit traction Controll or authentic?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Speed Trials setups wit traction Controll or authentic?

Hi, are those speed trials done with TC on, and ABS full, or with athentic setting in the options?
    Thanks, Karl

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Time trials can be run with whatever driving assists the player wants. When set to "authentic" then they are locked into whatever the real car has. If they are set to enabled then they can be enabled and disabled at will during the session, whilst if they are set to Off then they cannot be enabled at all during the session.

If you are on PC then you can see what assists were used on the official leaderboard (select the track and car and you will see the times show up, along with what assists, if any, were used and what controller device was being used). If you see a + under Assists, then hover your mouse over the + symbol and it will list all the assists in operation.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // NVidia 3060ti FE GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Corsair RM850i 850W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //

Platform
    PC
    I thought time trials only allowed assists that are/were available on the real car.

For instance, I don't think a vintage formula car can run time trials with something like traction control. I also heard that there was a glitch that showed times with assists that weren't actually in use for some laps that were ran before the final patch.
    Steam name: z1nonly YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Z1NONLY/featured Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/z1nonly172
    5800X / RTX 3080 FE / 32gb DDR4 @3600 C15 / HP Reverb Pro / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5

Platform
    PC
    I could well be wrong then, it has been nearly 2 years since I tried . Thing is, if there is a difference in the leaderboards then it proves that they can be set independently. Project CARS 1 would show incorrect assists at times (I forgot what the exact thing was) but that glitch was resolved in a pCARS2 patch.

EDIT: Just looked at the leaderboards for a random car/circuit combo and there's a varied selection of assists in use, so it is possible to run whatever you like, but that is definitely only possible if assists are set to manual in the options. If it's set to Authentic then no, you can't change them within the session.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // NVidia 3060ti FE GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Corsair RM850i 850W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    I could well be wrong then, it has been nearly 2 years since I tried . Thing is, if there is a difference in the leaderboards then it proves that they can be set independently. Project CARS 1 would show incorrect assists at times (I forgot what the exact thing was) but that glitch was resolved in a pCARS2 patch.

EDIT: Just looked at the leaderboards for a random car/circuit combo and there's a varied selection of assists in use, so it is possible to run whatever you like, but that is definitely only possible if assists are set to manual in the options. If it's set to Authentic then no, you can't change them within the session.
    Which combo did you look at, and what assists are we talking about?

Something like autoclutch should work because it's a hardware bandaid (for people who don't have a clutch on their system), but something like traction control on a car that didn't have traction control in the real world, should *not* work.

I leave my game settings for assists set to "all" and individually turn off everything except ABS. When I do TT with something like a GT-86 (that has ABS in real life) I have the little ABS indicator in my hud and the ABS works. Without changing anything in my settings, just change the car to a vintage Lotus formula climax car, and then go into TT, I have no ABS indicator in my hud and the tires will totally lock up if I slam the brakes.
    Last edited by Twinz; 12-08-2020 at 17:59.
    Steam name: z1nonly YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Z1NONLY/featured Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/z1nonly172
    5800X / RTX 3080 FE / 32gb DDR4 @3600 C15 / HP Reverb Pro / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5

Platform
    PC
    Yeah my understanding as well Twinz. You get TC and ABS on GT3s but you can't force ABS in GTE during Time Trial. If you go to TT with the C7.R at Silverstone National it shows Liakitsos in 6th with ABS On so I don't think that column is realiable. Sloskimo in 7th shows TC and ABS On.
    Last edited by blinkngone; 12-08-2020 at 19:41.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Platform
    PC
    I think I've misunderstood. I was pointing out that assists can be turned on and off if manual assists are enabled in the game options, but I have no idea if assists that don't exist on the car can be enabled or disabled, that's not something I ever looked into, my apologies for any confusion

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    Yeah my understanding as well Twinz. You get TC and ABS on GT3s but you can't force ABS in GTE during Time Trial. If you go to TT with the C7.R at Silverstone National it shows Liakitsos in 6th with ABS On so I don't think that column is realiable. Sloskimo in 7th shows TC and ABS On.
    The one that shows ABS on is from February 2018. I think it was just reported incorrectly.(before they fixed that bug)

Platform
    PC
    My (very hazy, admittedly) understanding of that 'assists bug' is that it would show ALL assists as being in use if you enabled 'authentic', even if they didn't exist on that car.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
    The one that shows ABS on is from February 2018. I think it was just reported incorrectly.(before they fixed that bug)
    Yeah it's messed up, just like every run shows a Ghost available now even when they are not available. You actually have to have the game loaded and search for available setups. Nordschlefe is a good example, shows all Ghosts but in reality there are almost none and no setups available.

Sorry, it's the combined along with California tracks.
    Last edited by blinkngone; 12-08-2020 at 22:00.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.