Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

Thread: VR issue

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    It doesn't have anything to do with priorities, it's affecting non-supported wheels.
    The blame is shifted to SMS while it's actually more or less a user mistake.
    The wheel compatibility list is clearly posted on the website.
    I understand that most people don't check these things, but blaming the devs for it is a bit unfair...

It also clearly says supports all the latest hardware and technologies. Its not like these are some ultra rare wheel base or something new. Many devs added support for them and yes its my fault for not checking the list after the first 2 games worked just fine with this base and vr. So while some of the blame could go our way i guess... not fixing a glaring issue the other 2 games never had while using that as an excuse is a cop out. If custom wheel doesnt work properly dont leave it in the menu problem solved. Then yes its 100 percent our fault.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:P-1 /SIMUCUBE Ultimate / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift S/ BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    It also clearly says supports all the latest hardware and technologies. Its not like these are some ultra rare wheel base or something new. Many devs added support for them and yes its my fault for not checking the list after the first 2 games worked just fine with this base and vr. So while some of the blame could go our way i guess... not fixing a glaring issue the other 2 games never had while using that as an excuse is a cop out. If custom wheel doesnt work properly dont leave it in the menu problem solved. Then yes its 100 percent our fault.
    You have to realise that PC3 got released at the time SMS was in negotiation with Codies... I'm pretty sure BN from that point on wasn't eager to pay for support longer than they needed to...
    I also don't think it was upto Codemasters to take over the support afterwards.
    So it's more a coming together of circumstances.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not blaming anyone, as a matter of fact, i think you guys kept it pretty decent considering.
    I just don't think blaming SMS for it is fair, not knowing the circumstances...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following user likes this Post: morpwr

Platform
    PC
    You have to realise that PC3 got released at the time SMS was in negotiation with Codies... I'm pretty sure BN from that point on wasn't eager to pay for support longer than they needed to...
    I also don't think it was upto Codemasters to take over the support afterwards.
    So it's more a coming together of circumstances.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not blaming anyone, as a matter of fact, i think you guys kept it pretty decent considering.
    I just don't think blaming SMS for it is fair, not knowing the circumstances...

That ill agree on. The circumstances arent good but it was SMSs game. Problem is for everyone with the problem is the fact it was a day one issue that never got fixed. Yes there is a work around now(after how many months?) but its more then a minor inconvenience. Most of us figured it would get fixed like most serious issues do so im sure like myself didnt worry about a refund. Being a fan of SMS since PC1 this doesnt make me want to buy another game from them BEFORE i know it will actually work and ive bought every Project Cars title early.

On a side note. Something i just dont understand. How do you make games of any kind and not have common controllers to test? I understand they cost money but come on the investment is minor compared to the profit these games make. I know many of the devs have worked with the wheel manufacturers to get bases for testing. How can you say something works right when youve never tested it? Especially ffb.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:P-1 /SIMUCUBE Ultimate / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift S/ BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I'm starting this thread because there are some questions that need answering to be able to track the VR issue...
    So anyone who encounters that issue could you please provide us with the following info:

- Do you have these issues when you're not using the wheel as well?

- can you please provide us with your dxdiag and graphics settings?

Thank you
    When using an Xbox controller with my index instead of the G27 wheel like I would on a PS4 or Xbox One, I have not been able to reproduce. To be clear, I'm referring to the severe crashes that occur in VR when you click race while on the starting grid.
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    I am having the same issue

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I get nothing but flickering and stuttering in my HMD (Pimax 8KX) when attempting to play this game. So far the game is unplayable in VR for me and found this thread looking for assistance.

My system is more than capable (1) X570 Aorus Ultra (2) Ryzen 9 3900X (3) 64GB Corsair RAM (4) EVGA 3090 FTW3

SteamVR on this setup runs Alyx and iRacing without issue; I am far from asking for tips to optimize but just trying to figure out why this game will not even run in VR artifact free.

Thanks in advance for assistance,
    Brian

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jordaneast View Post
    Thanks for letting us know

Platform
    PC
    Finally solved this issue by upgrading my PC (see specs below).
    Seems like the issue (for me) was performance related.
    Last edited by Robert; 23-11-2021 at 17:11.

Mobo: Gibabyte Z690 UD AX - 16GB DDR5 Ram | CPU: Intel i5-12600K 4.9 GHz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 OS: Windows 11 64 bit | VR: Oculus Rift S | Displays: 40 inch Samsung TV | Optoma Full HD Projector with 80 inch Screen | Sound: Edifier S550 | Wheelbase: Fanatec CSW v2 | Wheels: BMW GT3 / F1 | Pedals: CSR elite | Shifter: CSS SQ V 1.5 EU | Rig: Rexroth frame on aluminium tear plate mounted on springs | Motion: 2 DOF SCN5 simulator | Tactile feedback: 2 ButtKicker BKA1000-N Amps with 2 big LFE's: Simvibe Extreme Tactile Audio: ButtKicker Mini LFE | FFB settings: Jack spade tweaker files

"when pCars gets in the blood, one must drive to live."
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC