Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: VR issue

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I just played for around an hour with no crashes at the start of races, so it does look like it may be fixed!

I did have one crash to desktop at the end of a race, which I sent the splat log through for, but overall much better than previously

Hopefully now they can focus on getting the graphics to display properly in VR, off the top of my head from this evenings play:

- Flickering textures in the distance everywhere, widely reported as above
    - Markers for driving show through the road itself e.g. if you're looking up a hill with a bend just beyond it, you can see the braking marker through the tarmac, very offputting in VR
    - Similarly markers showing cars behind you render through your own car, this also looks really weird in VR, there's no need for them either when we have mirrors
    - Certain places e.g. California Highway start in the Class C Brits abroad race, the exposure is so high in VR it's hard to even see anything, and it looks really low res in the Index as a result
    - Finally of course performance... It's disappointing how much worse than project cars 2 this performs in VR, despite looking if anything worse quality. I'm not sure what happened here, but it's a real shame, as project cars 2 and Automobilista 2 both show what the madness engine is capable of in VR.

Thanks to the devs for their work on getting the crashes sorted, it's appreciated!
    Last edited by hookman; 02-03-2021 at 20:41.
    CPU: Ryzen 3900X | RAM: 16GB | GPU: RTX 3080 | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen: Index | Wheel: G27
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Konan, MrTulip, pippinfort

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by pippinfort View Post
    Brilliant.

I've put an hour in. In and out of menus, multiple race starts - all the kind of things that would have normally induced a crash at some point.

No crash to desktop for me.

Can other people try too please?

Specifically looking for any further occurrences of crash to desktop.
    Just finishing putting my rig back together after moving it. So ill try and get to it tomorrow. Sounds really promising though.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:P-1 /SIMUCUBE Ultimate / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift S/ BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PC
    Appreciate the work put into the VR bugs. I know that this thread is mostly geared towards the bugs and crashes (so if I need to create a new thread let me know) but I hope that VR visuals and performance can be the next area of focus.

I'm honestly kind of bummed out that I can't play this title in VR. My pancake experience has been been similar to PC2 as far as settings/visuals/performance. In that case, I can easily reach my preferred 97 FPS for ultrawide Freesync with the same types of settings used in PC2. This is absolutely not the case for VR though
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit | Ryzen 3900x | 16GB DDR4 3600 | GTX 1080 Ti | Valve Index | M.2 SSD Install
    Fanatec CSW 2.5 | Fanatec Clubsport v3 | Fanatec SQ v1.5 | USB Analog Handbrake | Buttkickers w/SimHub

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.four View Post
    Appreciate the work put into the VR bugs. I know that this thread is mostly geared towards the bugs and crashes (so if I need to create a new thread let me know) but I hope that VR visuals and performance can be the next area of focus.

I'm honestly kind of bummed out that I can't play this title in VR. My pancake experience has been been similar to PC2 as far as settings/visuals/performance. In that case, I can easily reach my preferred 97 FPS for ultrawide Freesync with the same types of settings used in PC2. This is absolutely not the case for VR though
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210302_125700_com.discord.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	284020
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following user likes this Post: mr.four

Platform
    PC
    Thanks for the reply and sorry for missing that in the earlier post. This is good to hear
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit | Ryzen 3900x | 16GB DDR4 3600 | GTX 1080 Ti | Valve Index | M.2 SSD Install
    Fanatec CSW 2.5 | Fanatec Clubsport v3 | Fanatec SQ v1.5 | USB Analog Handbrake | Buttkickers w/SimHub
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, pippinfort

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    No crashes for me yet, although I had it pretty rare recently anyway.
    Intel i9-9900K | Asus Z390-H mobo | 32 GB 2400 MHz mem | nVidia RTX-3090 | Soundblaster ZxR | TS-PC Racer wheel | TH8A H-shifter | Valve Index | Win10 64bit | Launch parameters: -pthreads 4
    The following 3 users likes this Post: GTsimms, Konan, pippinfort

Platform
    PC
    Well you want the good news or the bad? It sort of works. I only played for a little while then gave up in frustration. From what i can tell it will work if i sit there though the whole race preview thing. Whoever thought was a good idea should be made to sit through it over and over. Just why...lol If i dont sit through it i get black screen freeze but i can still here the music then have to use task manager to close it. Quite honestly though if sitting through that every race is the only way to play then it will sit again until its fixed.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:P-1 /SIMUCUBE Ultimate / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift S/ BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following 2 users likes this Post: NZ_Aaron, pippinfort

Platform
    PC
    Nope, not fixed.

Tried a number of times and crashes as usual clicking race. It freezes in headset with like a flickering effect and music continues to play and requires ending in task manager to quit. Tried not skipping the race intro, didn't help for me.
    Adam's SimPorium
    Simucube with Ascher rims - Heusinkveld pedals - Sim Labs P1 - NLR V3 motion - Aiologs shifter & handbrake
    The following 2 users likes this Post: NZ_Aaron, pippinfort

Platform
    PC
    The VERY sad thing is I have apparently played for 6 hours according to Steam, yet I haven't actually played it AT ALL
    Adam's SimPorium
    Simucube with Ascher rims - Heusinkveld pedals - Sim Labs P1 - NLR V3 motion - Aiologs shifter & handbrake
    The following 2 users likes this Post: morpwr, pippinfort

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Raging Beard View Post
    Nope, not fixed.

Tried a number of times and crashes as usual clicking race. It freezes in headset with like a flickering effect and music continues to play and requires ending in task manager to quit. Tried not skipping the race intro, didn't help for me.
    Exactly the same result for me.

Common factor: Simucube bases

It should be noted: Our game freezes (hangs). It usually doesn't "crash to desktop", or generate "bug splats". It does exactly as Raging Beard described.
    Last edited by NZ_Aaron; 04-03-2021 at 03:19.
    MOBO: GIGABYTE Aorus X570 Master │ CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900X │ RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z Neo RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 │ GPU: MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio │ STORAGE: SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus 2TB│ CASE: PHANTEKS Enthoo Evolve X│ CHASSIS: SIMBLACKS Front mount - SIMUCUBE 2 Pro - Cube Controls Sparco 310 USB - T3PA Pro pedals │VR: Vive Pro or HP Reverb G2
    The following 3 users likes this Post: morpwr, MrTulip, pippinfort