Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: VR issue

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I turned off Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling in Windows and I have not had a single crash in the last two days which was about 4 hours of playing total. That was the only thing I changed and I also gained a few FPS as well.
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling has been off for me for some time so that one on or off does not seem to affect on my rig. But I did not experience crashes yesterday evening when I plucked off all my game controllers and played around with just the keyboard. Going to test with gamepad today.
    Intel i9-9900K | Asus Z390-H mobo | 32 GB 2400 MHz mem | nVidia RTX-3090 | Soundblaster ZxR | TS-PC Racer wheel | TH8A H-shifter | Varjo Aero | Win10 64bit | Launch parameters: -pthreads 4

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    As hinted at in Konan's opening post, I think controllers may very well be causing the crashes.

I did not experience crashes on the grid playing with the keyboard, and I did not have them for an hour playing with gamepad alone (result = no crashes).
    Also 25 minutes switching cars and tracks in both career and custom event did not induce crash anymore when I had only my wheel connected to the computer.

I have usually following gear connected:
    TM TS-PC wheel, TM TH8A shifter and VKB Gladiator MK.2 flightstick.

The shifter or the joystick may very well causing conflicts with any new gamepad related code. (No issues with PCARS2.)

As a side note controller combination did not seem to have effect on VR performance on my rig.

I'll keep testing with the wheel and shifter combination.
    Intel i9-9900K | Asus Z390-H mobo | 32 GB 2400 MHz mem | nVidia RTX-3090 | Soundblaster ZxR | TS-PC Racer wheel | TH8A H-shifter | Varjo Aero | Win10 64bit | Launch parameters: -pthreads 4
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Eugene Flerko, Konan, roddypoddy

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    You might be on to something.
    Thanks for testing everyone btw
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Well, I don't know what has happened. PCARS3 does not crash on my computer anymore in VR, not since I plugged off all controllers, and started adding them back.

The order was:
    1. Just the keyboard
    ...testing...
    2. Alone the gamepad (wireless Xbox One)
    ...testing...
    3. The wheel alone (TS-PC Racer)
    ...testing...
    4. The wheel, shifter (TH8A) and joystick (VKBsim Gladiator Mk.2) connected, driving with the wheel and shifter
    ...testing...

Since the very first step of removing everything to the point 4. I haven't had a single crash, and I've played couple of hours in total with all three connected so far. Maybe some 4 hours in total.

During the testing I plucked all devices back to the same USB ports as they had been in the past to avoid any USB initialization differences.
    I checked that VKBsim is currently considered the primary controller device, and it is somewhat possible it has been so in the past too, because I always plug the wheel off, so the primary has been either that or the shifter.
    I also did not have to reset wheel settings or anything; I'm still using the same controller profile as earlier, despite of switching to keyboard alone and gamepad alone profiles meantime at 1. and 2.

So I'm bit stumped. Happy of course, but it is annoying that I cannot reproduce the issue anymore to troubleshoot it further.

However a small note of interest:
    During testing I've had twice an issue where I've lost FFB completely at Oulton Park start, and it has come back only after quitting the race and reloading the track. One was with Toyota-86 and other was Ferrari 488 Challenge, so different cars too. It might be caused by wrong a controller getting initialized, so maybe it really is that flightstick that gets in there between and has been triggering those crashes earlier.
    Last edited by MrTulip; 21-09-2020 at 16:29.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Eugene Flerko, Konan, roddypoddy

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Thanks a lot, i'll forward it immediately

DIY rig walk-through :

The following user likes this Post: MrTulip

Platform
    PC
    Does any one remember the old Thrustmaster issue? I cant remember exactly but you had to remove the controllers in the registry so the pc made new ones. Somehow you ended up with too many of the same one and it screwed everything up. Wonder if its something like that causing the issue.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:P-1 /SIMUCUBE Ultimate / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift S/ BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Konan, MrTulip, roddypoddy

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Could well be, i forwarded it to investigate.

DIY rig walk-through :

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I spent the weekend playing this in VR with a Oculus Rift using a Fanatec CSW V1 wheel, PT-1 Pedals, DSD button box, G25 Shifter using Leo Bodnar USB adapter and had dozens of these start race crashes. Sent many Bugsplat reports under the name of FatnSlo. If more info is needed please let me know.
    | CPU: Intel i5-10600K@5GHz | GPU: EVGA GTX1080Ti| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490 X AX
    | RAM: 16GB DDR4 @3800 | PSU: 850w | OS: Windows10 x64| Wheel: Fanatec CSW V1 with Buhler motors | ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | DSD Button Box | G25 Shifter
    | Oculus Rift

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTulip View Post
    Well, I don't know what has happened. PCARS3 does not crash on my computer anymore in VR, not since I plugged off all controllers, and started adding them back.

The order was:
    1. Just the keyboard
    ...testing...
    2. Alone the gamepad (wireless Xbox One)
    ...testing...
    3. The wheel alone (TS-PC Racer)
    ...testing...
    4. The wheel, shifter (TH8A) and joystick (VKBsim Gladiator Mk.2) connected, driving with the wheel and shifter
    ...testing...

Since the very first step of removing everything to the point 4. I haven't had a single crash, and I've played couple of hours in total with all three connected so far. Maybe some 4 hours in total.

During the testing I plucked all devices back to the same USB ports as they had been in the past to avoid any USB initialization differences.
    I checked that VKBsim is currently considered the primary controller device, and it is somewhat possible it has been so in the past too, because I always plug the wheel off, so the primary has been either that or the shifter.
    I also did not have to reset wheel settings or anything; I'm still using the same controller profile as earlier, despite of switching to keyboard alone and gamepad alone profiles meantime at 1. and 2.

So I'm bit stumped. Happy of course, but it is annoying that I cannot reproduce the issue anymore to troubleshoot it further.

However a small note of interest:
    During testing I've had twice an issue where I've lost FFB completely at Oulton Park start, and it has come back only after quitting the race and reloading the track. One was with Toyota-86 and other was Ferrari 488 Challenge, so different cars too. It might be caused by wrong a controller getting initialized, so maybe it really is that flightstick that gets in there between and has been triggering those crashes earlier.
    Is this still working?
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:P-1 /SIMUCUBE Ultimate / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift S/ BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/