Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: VR issue

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    Is this still working?
    PCARS3 crashed once with all three controllers plugged in, immediately on a first race start two days ago. Then I unplugged the flightstick, and the game was stable for the rest of that gaming session.

I'm waiting for the new display adapter to arrive until I'll start putting serious time into PCARS3, as the career mode tracks and weather conditions are so taxing on the hardware that they are very uncomfortable in VR. Meanwhile I occasionally test new cars in quick races on a good weather. But since the quick races do not have the same freedom with car tuning options as PCARS2, not until career advances enough at least, I'm kind of stumped in the game at the moment.
    Intel i9-9900K | Asus Z390-H mobo | 32 GB 2400 MHz mem | nVidia RTX-3090 | Soundblaster ZxR | TS-PC Racer wheel | TH8A H-shifter | Varjo Aero | Win10 64bit | Launch parameters: -pthreads 4

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTulip View Post
    PCARS3 crashed once with all three controllers plugged in, immediately on a first race start two days ago. Then I unplugged the flightstick, and the game was stable for the rest of that gaming session.

I'm waiting for the new display adapter to arrive until I'll start putting serious time into PCARS3, as the career mode tracks and weather conditions are so taxing on the hardware that they are very uncomfortable in VR. Meanwhile I occasionally test new cars in quick races on a good weather. But since the quick races do not have the same freedom with car tuning options as PCARS2, not until career advances enough at least, I'm kind of stumped in the game at the moment.
    Unfortunately i havent spent any time with PCARS3 since the last update. One race and freeze. Weird thing with this issue is the only common thing is vr but even then we arent using the same headsets.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:P-1 /SIMUCUBE Ultimate / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift S/ BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I did try removing my flight stick myself after reading this possible fix.

It looked like it was working for the first few races, but then the crashes started again.

At this point I've just written it off. I certainly won't be buying any more Slightly Mad games at launch, they've lost my trust in their ability to ship or patch a working game.
    CPU: Ryzen 3900X | RAM: 16GB | GPU: RTX 3080 | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen: Index | Wheel: G27
    The following 2 users likes this Post: FatnSlo, morpwr

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Is it having a flight stick a common thing about all you guys that are getting those crashes? If yes, this could be a very good hint on what might be causing the problem. And it may not necessarily make a difference having it plugged in or not, maybe just having the joystick driver installed could still be enough to cause this..

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Is it having a flight stick a common thing about all you guys that are getting those crashes? If yes, this could be a very good hint on what might be causing the problem. And it may not necessarily make a difference having it plugged in or not, maybe just having the joystick driver installed could still be enough to cause this..
    No flight stick for me.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:P-1 /SIMUCUBE Ultimate / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift S/ BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Also my VKBSim Gladiator does not have a separate driver installed. It is a vanilla Windows driver for analog joystick. But so far I haven't seen crashes with it disconnected. (Again not much testing either recently, sorry.)
    Intel i9-9900K | Asus Z390-H mobo | 32 GB 2400 MHz mem | nVidia RTX-3090 | Soundblaster ZxR | TS-PC Racer wheel | TH8A H-shifter | Varjo Aero | Win10 64bit | Launch parameters: -pthreads 4

Platform
    PC
    no for me
    CPU: i7 7700k| GFX: gtx 1080ti 11gb ,RAM: 32Gb DDR4 | Wheel:dd1, csp3| OS: Win 10pro 64-bit;agon 32 ",valve index

Platform
    PC
    I would guess with the bug splats from most or all of us they would have some idea by now. We are going on what 6 weeks since release? Maybe ill get to play it next month....
    The following user likes this Post: FatnSlo

Platform
    PC
    Not sure if this is related to your question.. My Rift s keeps loosing headtracking. No problems with other games.

Mobo: Gibabyte Z690 UD AX - 16GB DDR5 Ram | CPU: Intel i5-12600K 4.9 GHz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 OS: Windows 11 64 bit | VR: Oculus Rift S | Displays: 40 inch Samsung TV | Optoma Full HD Projector with 80 inch Screen | Sound: Edifier S550 | Wheelbase: Fanatec CSW v2 | Wheels: BMW GT3 / F1 | Pedals: CSR elite | Shifter: CSS SQ V 1.5 EU | Rig: Rexroth frame on aluminium tear plate mounted on springs | Motion: 2 DOF SCN5 simulator | Tactile feedback: 2 ButtKicker BKA1000-N Amps with 2 big LFE's: Simvibe Extreme Tactile Audio: ButtKicker Mini LFE | FFB settings: Jack spade tweaker files

"when pCars gets in the blood, one must drive to live."

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Also what about other non-completely standard peripherals used? Printers, scanners, exotic mouse or keyboard, stuff like that. Since at least in one of the cases the problem seems to be somehow connected with a peripheral (stick), maybe that's true for others as well. I would try disconnecting everything apart from the very basic in the PC and see if it makes a difference. Far from an ideal situation, but apparently I assume the devs still can't reproduce the problem in their machines, so any such testing/info could possibly prove very helpful..