Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New mods PC2

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    It was possible, back in the pCARS1 days, to modify cars performance (notably with tyres) and leave no trace of any shenanigans other than unrealistic leaderboard times. It was suspected by some to have been happening in some esports competitions, precisely because it was undetectable at the time (and impossible to prove without the person actually confessing). I believe it was 'locked down' for pCARS2 but it's something I've long since cared about looking into further.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // NVidia 3060ti FE GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Corsair RM850i 850W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //
    The following 2 users likes this Post: r_outsider, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PC
    Yeah I think AC was originally designed with modding in mind, like rFactor 1 had been. Modding's ok, but the quality can be variable and installing a new mod can cock up a perfectly working install, as well as the potential to break after official game updates. On balance I think I'd rather pay for something that is good quality - it rewards whoever made it and makes long term support that bit more likely.
    i7-7700K/MSI RTX 3080/Win10 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Psychotik, r_outsider, Zaskarspants

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    99% of modders have no clue what they're doing, and know absolutely nothing about cars. I don't waste my time with mods. Why is SMS refusing to do DLC for PC2? Has a reason ever been given?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Chaos 2.0 View Post
    99% of modders have no clue what they're doing, and know absolutely nothing about cars. I don't waste my time with mods. Why is SMS refusing to do DLC for PC2? Has a reason ever been given?
    They're not refusing to do DLC for PCARS2, they released all the DLC they planned to release. Why would they do any more?
    Project Cars 3 Content List: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...and-Discussion
    Xbox: tankbuster621 Steam: Tank621 Playstation: Tankbuster621
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank621 View Post
    They're not refusing to do DLC for PCARS2, they released all the DLC they planned to release. Why would they do any more?
    Because Project Cars 2 is currently the most realistic sim on the market. If they released more cars, the playerbase would grow significantly. Also, revenue would grow substantively, considering the profit earned on that much less effort than a full title.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Chaos 2.0 View Post
    Because Project Cars 2 is currently the most realistic sim on the market. If they released more cars, the playerbase would grow significantly. Also, revenue would grow substantively, considering the profit earned on that much less effort than a full title.
    It's the publisher who decides on that, and since it's not the same publisher SMS works with now, that would bring up contradicting interests... And what Tank said...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Olijke Poffer, Tank621

Platform
    PC
    It's also worth pointing out that DLC probably has a diminishing return over time. The costs of making new DLCs likely won't get any cheaper, especially if new licenses are involved, but the likelihood of earning as much money with each new DLC likely will go down because people will become less interested overtime in purchasing new content for a game as newer alternatives become available.
    Project Cars 3 Content List: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...and-Discussion
    Xbox: tankbuster621 Steam: Tank621 Playstation: Tankbuster621
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, r_outsider