Thread: Both Oculus Rift and Fanatec DD1 Podium Not Working

Platform
    PC

Both Oculus Rift and Fanatec DD1 Podium Not Working

Just installed PC2 and neither the Rift nor my Fanatec are detected by the software. Wheel calibration is non-responsive, VR menu blacked out. Looks like PC2 is just like PC1... full of bugs. What gives?

Platform
    PC
    the problem exists between desk and chair.
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System MSI Mortar B550 | CPU Ryzen 9-5900x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base SIMAGIC M10 | Rim TM 599xx, DimSim DIY Rim | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter VNM V1 | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD HP Reverb / Quest 2 | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core - Drivers Club ( german language )
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/devilscoredriversclub/

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Weird issue that they both don't work. Had my Vive working in 1,2 and 3 without any issue, and my DD1 on 2 and 3(PC1 isn't installed anymore and the DD1 didn't exist back then)). Maybe try deleting the config files for both graphics and the controller and start from scratch. The file locations can be found on this forum.
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, 3090 iChill x4, 3900X, Samsung 49" G9/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

/// MaximusDoriftus(Steam)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by satco1066 View Post
    the problem exists between desk and chair.
    You're right, I shouldn't be sitting here chicken fighting with shitty software. I should be racing instead. On to ACC as I should have followed prior recommendations from more trusted sources. These help instructions should be directed at the software developers for a patch fix. Not handed out as homework assignments to the users. I"ve got better things to do and other options. Now I remember exactly why I left PC1.

Platform
    PC
    So, you didn't want help(which you got) but just wanted to vent?
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, 3090 iChill x4, 3900X, Samsung 49" G9/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    So, you didn't want help(which you got) but just wanted to vent?
    You're suggestion is to "start from scratch". I just installed the software, haven't run a single lap yet. What do you mean "start from scratch" I'm already at scratch.

Platform
    PC
    Is your fanatec wheel newer than PC2? That could be a reason for it not having a profile.

Try assigning some buttons and axes in the options>controls>edit assignments, then calibrate the wheel. I think that has helped some users in the past.

Have you tried starting PC2 in Oculus mode from the Steam start menu? You can't enter VR from within the game, it has to launch straight into VR.
    i7-7700K/MSI RTX 3080/Win10 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following user likes this Post: MaximusN

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    Is your fanatec wheel newer than PC2? That could be a reason for it not having a profile.

Try assigning some buttons and axes in the options>controls>edit assignments, then calibrate the wheel. I think that has helped some users in the past.

Have you tried starting PC2 in Oculus mode from the Steam start menu? You can't enter VR from within the game, it has to launch straight into VR.

Ah thanks for triggering me. OP should try either putting the DD1 in CSW 2.5 compatibility mode(so it will recognize the wheel by itself) OR set up a custom wheel(instead of a default profile, which would be DD1, but it didn't exist when PC2 came out). In my experience the latter is more trouble free AND as a bonus, you can't forget having to switch to CSW 2.5 mode every time. It does like a little time to config all the buttons and axis' though.
    Quote Originally Posted by DMackVB757 View Post
    You're suggestion is to "start from scratch". I just installed the software, haven't run a single lap yet. What do you mean "start from scratch" I'm already at scratch.
    When things go wrong sometimes that helps, Also I don't know what you already tried to do to fix it. So just to be sure you will solve your problem quickly, deleting those files is the most sure-fire way of a known starting point.

But using a custom wheel profile you should be fine I think. even without deleting the files
    Last edited by MaximusN; 21-10-2020 at 16:50.

The following 2 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, Sankyo