Thread: Why I can get to same top speed while using same setup as board leader? Formula X

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Question Why I can get to same top speed while using same setup as board leader? Formula X

So there is something wrong here that I don't understand and maybe someone could help

The track is Texas Motor Speedway, the car is FormulaX, the leader is someone named "1955 Stanley", I get his ghost car, and get the same setup he have.

I'm not good with setups so if he is the first then he must know something, no need for me to reinvent the wheel.

Well, it doesn't work, is way faster and I don't understand how he got to those speeds, I'm following the same path he takes, nothing, I can't get in the sixth gear, the car doesn't want to go above 340 or something, it doesn't have enough power to change into sixth gear, tried manual and automatic gear change. Nothing, there is not enough track to get above 340, I've run around the track for 10 minutes and is up and down never above 340. I've tried following the track green path, nothing.

When downloading the setup it gets all the settings or I still need to change some other stuff on my side? or what could be the issue here?

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Doesn't that car have KERS? If you haven't already mapped the button try mapping it and press it to get a speed boost.
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, 3090 iChill x4, 3900X, Samsung 49" G9/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

/// MaximusDoriftus(Steam)
    The following user likes this Post: blinkngone

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    And I think it also has DRS, right? Also it is not enough to load the other ghost, you need to also click on their setup and the save it, to make it "yours".

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Oh my god, forgot about this KERS, will check it out when I fire up the game. Never use that button actually, played with old cars. I don't know what DRS is but I will check it also.

Yes, I save the setup, even tweak it sometimes but I think this KERS and DRS may be the answer, Hopefully I can get up the ladder from around 400 where I am now

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Ok this is tough with the kers I've managed to get to 121 on the leaderboards.

The drs button appears to do nothing, did this car have this? There is no interface feedback to let me know if there is any change

Platform
    PC
    IIRC, the Formula X only has KERS and no DRS. The Formula A has both.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips