Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Take-Two is in talks to acquire Codemasters for nearly $1 billion

Platform
    PC

Take-Two is in talks to acquire Codemasters for nearly $1 billion

"Take-Two Interactive has confirmed that it has made a "possible offer" to fully acquire UK-based racing studio Codemasters in a deal that Reuters says will be worth $973 million. Assuming the deal is completed, the buyout would also give Take-Two ownership of Project Cars developer Slightly Mad Studios.

The offer will be contingent upon multiple factors, Take-Two said in a statement, including the completion of due diligence and a thumbs-up from the Codemasters board of directors. That part of it seems like a done deal already, as Codemasters said in a statement of its own that the board intends to "recommend unanimously that Codemasters' shareholders accept the Possible Offer."

"Take-Two believes that the combination of Take-Two and Codemasters would bring together two world-class interactive entertainment portfolios, with a highly complementary fit between Take-Two's 2K publishing label and Codemasters in the racing genre," the publisher said.

"In addition, Take-Two believes that it can bring benefits to Codemasters' performance by leveraging Take-Two's global distribution network and 2K’s core operating expertise in publishing, including live operations, analytics, product development, and brand and performance marketing."

Under the rules of the UK City Code on Takeovers and Mergers, Take-Two must either commit to making an offer for Codemasters, or walk away from the process, by December 4. "

WTF??
    Last edited by DinoM; 07-11-2020 at 15:38.
    MB=Asus ROG Strix B360-G Gaming, CPU= i5 8500/Alpenföhn Ben Nevis BLK RGB, GPU=Asus ROG STRIX GTX1070 DCII 8GB GDDR5, RAM=16 GB HyperX Fury DDR4 2666 MHz, PSU=Thermaltake Smart SE 730W, Case=Phanteks P400TGAG, Screen=Sony KDL32W705 1080p, OS=Win 10 Pro 64bit, Audio=SupremeFX SPDIF/OPT, Connect=2/1 Gbit, Wheels=Fanatec CSR.
    Group: 5% CLUB
    SORRY, MY BAD ENGLISH.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Imagine an F1 2K21 game. NBA style... lol
    The following 2 users likes this Post: DinoM, MDGourley

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoM View Post

"Take-Two Interactive has confirmed that it has made a "possible offer" to fully acquire UK-based racing studio Codemasters in a deal that Reuters says will be worth $973 million. Assuming the deal is completed, the buyout would also give Take-Two ownership of Project Cars developer Slightly Mad Studios.

The offer will be contingent upon multiple factors, Take-Two said in a statement, including the completion of due diligence and a thumbs-up from the Codemasters board of directors. That part of it seems like a done deal already, as Codemasters said in a statement of its own that the board intends to "recommend unanimously that Codemasters' shareholders accept the Possible Offer."

"Take-Two believes that the combination of Take-Two and Codemasters would bring together two world-class interactive entertainment portfolios, with a highly complementary fit between Take-Two's 2K publishing label and Codemasters in the racing genre," the publisher said.

"In addition, Take-Two believes that it can bring benefits to Codemasters' performance by leveraging Take-Two's global distribution network and 2K’s core operating expertise in publishing, including live operations, analytics, product development, and brand and performance marketing."

Under the rules of the UK City Code on Takeovers and Mergers, Take-Two must either commit to making an offer for Codemasters, or walk away from the process, by December 4. "

WTF??
    Indeed....It's just a business that can be bought and sold so no need to get attached to anything these days.....excuse my ignorance ...who's 'Take-Two' ?

Might have to do a Google Search on them...lol

Google Search - Wikipedia...Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc....a very interesting read and as of March 2018, it is the third-largest publicly traded game company in the Americas and Europe after Activision Blizzard and Electronic Arts, with an estimated market cap of US$13 billion
    Last edited by MDGourley; 07-11-2020 at 17:17.
    Win 10 + RTX2070 + i73770k + Asus P8 Z77-V Deluxe MoBo | Thrustmaster TS-XW Racer Sparco P310 Wheel | 2x TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod | 1x TH8A | ECCI Trackstar 6000 Pedals | Button Box | 1x TH8rs | Asus Strix 7.1 Headphones | Astro A40 + Mix Amp | Triple Screen 3x 27" 5760x1080​

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    After reading this I only wonder:
    does it mean they will fix more bugs?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinnsash View Post
    Nope

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    TAKE2 is the company that owns Rockstar and 2K....Them buying CM will not necessarily mean that SMS will lose their identity.
    Seeing they are still called SMS underneath the wings of CM,to me that means that agreements were made to secure their independance...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following user likes this Post: MDGourley

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinnsash View Post
    That's a pretty cheap shot,knowing bug fixes are still ongoing ( not even mentioning the game has only released two months ago)

DIY rig walk-through :

The following user likes this Post: GTsimms

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ATSS View Post
    Nope
    See my post above...

DIY rig walk-through :

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Dear Konan, you keep repeating about PC3 beeing released just two months ago. I have also some older titles installed on my ps4, I don' t really play them now, but what I can see is that some of them have 2-3 patches released in the time we receive one patch for PC3. Some games tent to release a patch every 1-2 weeks. And I honestly couldn't really see any issues in those games while playing them. And I can see BIG issues in PC3.

What is more, some of those games were cheaper than PC3 and still provide better after sales support in form of fixing things.

As last upadate made me not able to use some of the cars that I already bought, I can only cry or laugh. I prefer the second one. Well there is third option, but I am too poor to burn my PC3 copy.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I don't know, a 20+GB patch is showing lack of fixing things?

DIY rig walk-through :