Thread: Please add support for the Logitech G923

Platform
    PC

Please add support for the Logitech G923

I donít know if support is still ongoing for PC2 but it would be nice to have this wheel supported. Assigning it as a custom controller doesnít work very well since the FFB only comes across as a weak centering force and nothing else.
    Velocity Micro PC | Asus Z97-A | i7-4790K o.c.@4.7GHz | Corsair H80iGT Liquid CPU Cooler | 32GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 10 Home | LG 32UD99-W UHD Monitor | Bose Companion 5 Speakers | Logitech G923 Racing Wheel | Logitech Driving Force Shifter | TrackIR 5

Platform
    PC
    PS I did actually manage to get the FFB working although after experiencing the Trueforce in other games it seems very lackluster here plus a lot of adjustments are needed as the default is very weak and almost unnoticeable.
    Velocity Micro PC | Asus Z97-A | i7-4790K o.c.@4.7GHz | Corsair H80iGT Liquid CPU Cooler | 32GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 10 Home | LG 32UD99-W UHD Monitor | Bose Companion 5 Speakers | Logitech G923 Racing Wheel | Logitech Driving Force Shifter | TrackIR 5

Platform
    PC
    I had to fight too with the poor FFB in PCARS2 of the new G923 wheel. With the custom FFB files you can improve a little bit, but is still weaker than a G29.

It happened to me in a Logitech event and all participants complained about the new Logitech wheel, but the problem was PCARS2 not the wheel, because in other games it works perfect. Logitech could't do anything to improve it and they were very upset by this. Probably they will move to other sims for next events, because it's not a good image for a brand who organizes an competition and presents a new product, that it works much worse than the old one.

Don't wait for an update, because PCARS2 is EOL. Happened the same with Podium wheels launched in 2018, that was never supported natively in PCARS2. At least you can set the DD base in CSW mode that works quite well in PCARS2, but in G923 there is not G29 compatibility mode (even though they are almost identical).
    Last edited by Asturbo; 27-11-2020 at 19:18.
    CPU: Intel i9-9900KF | GPU: nVidia RTX2080Ti | RAM: Gskill 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec DD1 + Porsche Endurance + Formula 1 V2 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PCARS4 wish list

Platform
    PC
    Yeah. Unfortunately for PC2 this wheel with Trueforce is so fantastic in ACC that I’ve uninstalled PC2
    So my advice if you really like PC2, hold off on this wheel because it doesn’t work well in this game.
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Same here!! G923 for PC2, missing features!

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I recently got into PC2 on PC and have been using a Driving Force GT which is working great in the game. But, I wanted to upgrade and found a G923 used for a good price. It is coming in the mail tomorrow. Then I ran across this thread!

Is the FFB really that bad using the G923 in PC2? Can you share your settings and how you got the wheel to work in the game?

I mostly wanted to upgrade my wheel for when GT7 comes about but I had no idea a new wheel would be unsupported in so many recent games. ;(

Platform
    PC
    PC Racing since 1990 (Sports Car GT, GTR 1&2, GT Legends, Grand Prix Legends, Geoff Crammond Microprose Grand Prix 1,2,3,4).
    Current PC Specs: I7 9800X -- Asus Strix X299 -- 32GB@3600 -- EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid FTW3 -- Sound Blaster AE-7 -- LG 34" 2560x1080 @ 75hz -- Logitech G27

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Thank you for the link Fiyah. I have been tweaking my FFB and have been getting wins in races so it seems to be working okay.

Some details.

• When binding the wheel under the Legacy entry you have to quickly turn the wheel all the way in one direction and when you hit the apex you have to quickly turn it back or you will get a double input error.
    • When calibrating the brake I just pushed the brake as hard as I could comfortably. That way when braking I don't have to push extremely hard which lengthens my session before my leg gets tired.
    • When using the legacy binding you lose menu navigation. But, if you bind the keyboard keys in Logitech G Hub you can navigate the menus using the wheel buttons. To navigate in sub-menus you can use J and K for the top row of menu entries and U and I for the second row of menu entries. I bound these to my R1 and R2, L3 and R3 respectively. I then bound the arrow keys to the d-pad. I put my wipers and headlights to the + and - buttons but I might move those to somewhere else.

There are probably more buttons that are useful while driving that I can bind but I am really a beginner in Sim Racing so I don't really know what else I will need to do during a race.
    Also, because I really don't know how FFB is supposed to feel I am not sure if my new G923 is better or worse than my old Driving Force GT. The GT felt a lot more powerful but lacked the subtle bumps and jerks that I am feeling with the G923. Is this good or not I really can't say yet.