Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will there ever be a Project Cars 3?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Will there ever be a Project Cars 3?

Hi,

I grew up on Gran Turismo. I was there, from version one, two, three ... All the way, until Project Cars came out.

I loved PC from the minute I installed it! Spent hours and hours on that game.
    Then PC2 came out. I bought it instantly, and the scenario repeated itself. Bought all the extras, spent numerous hours playing what I feel is the worlds best game.
    Then PC3 came out. I bought it instantly, and the scenario rep... No wait - WHAT?!? An arcade game? Where's PC3?

PC3 still sits there in my Playstation drive. I think I spent maybe 3 hours with it, before I gave up. Even Gran Turismo seems appealing now... A real sob-story.
    The current PC3 is a huge disappointment to me. It's simply not interesting. I reverted to playing PC2. Yes, I still play PC2 3-4 nights a week, but never PC3. If I could, I'd demand my money back, as I think this is ... well, almost stealing. Fraud. PC3 is not project cars. It's just some arcade game like all the others on the market. Sure, it may be better than the competition, I'll never know, because arcade games is not my thing.

So...
    Will there ever be a PC3? A REAL PC3, like PC2 only better, bigger, faster... Will there ever be a real PC3? Or am I stuck on PC2 until I find a worthy replacement from another vendor?

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I'll never know, because arcade games is not my thing.
    So Gran Turismo 1,2,3,...were not arcade games?
    Last edited by Konan; 04-03-2021 at 19:51.
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following 2 users likes this Post: GTsimms, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rittig View Post
    So...
    Will there ever be a PC3? A REAL PC3, like PC2 only better, bigger, faster... Will there ever be a real PC3? Or am I stuck on PC2 until I find a worthy replacement from another vendor?
    PC3 is still a core Project CARS experience utilizing the Madness Engine with a steering wheel. So, it definitely provides a Project CARS experience worthy of it being called PC3 due to the physics improvements.
    PC 3 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    Monitor LG 29" Ultrawide 2560x1080
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)

Primary Fanatec: CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals w/performance kit, R300 w/CSL hub, R330 w/Xbox hub & APMs and Formula V2 w/APMs, Handbrake v.1.5, and button caps
    Secondary Wheels: T300 w/T3PA Pro (Sparco Rally and F1), T150, CSR, & GT3 RS V2 w/CSR pedals

Other wheels used in the past Logitech G25, DFGT, MOMO, and Driving Force (GT3 A-Spec).
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, Sum Dixon-Ear

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GTsimms View Post
    PC3 is still a core Project CARS experience utilizing the Madness Engine with a steering wheel. So, it definitely provides a Project CARS experience worthy of it being called PC3 due to the physics improvements.
    i respectfully disagree on the grounds that i can drive a car around on project cars 3 much like i can on codemasters grid game

its why i still play Project cars 2 as i have to learn the tracks breaking zones with lots of practice where as with project cars 3 i won the intro race on my first try by like 10 seconds

i have more difficulty with Forza motorsport 7 then i do Project cars 3

if i were to compare project cars 3 to any game as far as the cars drive it would in my opinion be comparable to Cart Furry from PS2
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    i respectfully disagree on the grounds that i can drive a car around on project cars 3 much like i can on codemasters grid game

its why i still play Project cars 2 as i have to learn the tracks breaking zones with lots of practice where as with project cars 3 i won the intro race on my first try by like 10 seconds

i have more difficulty with Forza motorsport 7 then i do Project cars 3

if i were to compare project cars 3 to any game as far as the cars drive it would in my opinion be comparable to Cart Furry from PS2
    You need to play more than just the first race. The game opens up at Road C. Try playing Rivals and let us know what you think! The game isn't easy to play at the higher classes.
    PC 3 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)

Primary Fanatec: CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals w/performance kit, R300 w/CSL hub, R330 w/Xbox hub & APMs and Formula V2 w/APMs, Handbrake v.1.5, and button caps
    Secondary Wheels: T300 w/T3PA Pro (Sparco Rally and F1), T150, CSR, & GT3 RS V2 w/CSR pedals

Other wheels used in the past Logitech G25, DFGT, MOMO, and Driving Force (GT3 A-Spec).
    The following 4 users likes this Post: BreakerOhio, John Hargreaves, Konan, Sum Dixon-Ear

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GTsimms View Post
    You need to play more than just the first race. The game opens up at Road C. Try playing Rivals and let us know what you think! The game isn't easy to play at the higher classes.
    i was driving a GTE corvette if its that easy to drive in game its not realistic to me the way the car drove was what got me it was like driving in Need for speed games there is a reason i switched to forza horizon games for those types of games because nfs games arent realistic

not to mention that PC3 is missing major tracks on my list of important tracks

a few being Circuit De La Sarth aka Le Mans
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    To get the best from pC3 you really need to push the cars to their limits, that is where the apparent easiness of the handling disappears and you enter the realms of what the game's underlying physics are all about. The new tyre model needs to be properly explored, the cars are more planted within a certain envelope of performance... but once you push through into the performance limitations of the tyres you will find that pC3 is anything but an arcade game.

Please don't just discard it after the opening races in the lowest performance road cars, the game has so much more to offer... it is actually an excellent title.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/ClubSport F1 2018 LE Rim + Podium APM/ClubSport V3 Pedals + Brake Performance Kit - PS5 Digital - Saor Alba
    The following 6 users likes this Post: BreakerOhio, GTsimms, John Hargreaves, Konan, Maskmagog, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    To get the best from pC3 you really need to push the cars to their limits, that is where the apparent easiness of the handling disappears and you enter the realms of what the game's underlying physics are all about. The new tyre model needs to be properly explored, the cars are more planted within a certain envelope of performance... but once you push through into the performance limitations of the tyres you will find that pC3 is anything but an arcade game.

Please don't just discard it after the opening races in the lowest performance road cars, the game has so much more to offer... it is actually an excellent title.
    Agreed. Most vehicles are easy to drive. It's pushing the limits of the tires, that's where the balancing act begins. Every vehicle handles different in PC3. The recoverability just past the limits and drivability in this game is very realistic compared to real driving. It's exactly what Ben Collins was talking about starting around 5:58 in the video below. But, if you push too hard expect to spin or be off track. The physics are improved.

Last edited by GTsimms; 05-03-2021 at 01:01.

The following 3 users likes this Post: BreakerOhio, Konan, Sum Dixon-Ear

Platform
    PC
    Folks, regardless of what you think of PC3, PC3 is here and it is named PC3. There will never be another title called "Project CARS 3" other than what we have today.

That doesn't mean there won't be a "Project CARS 4" which is closer to what "Project CARS 2" was from a gameplay perspective, but what we have today is "Project CARS 3", like it or not.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 4 users likes this Post: cluck, GTsimms, Konan, shiftee

Platform
    PC
    Moderately provocative thread title is moderately provocative - interesting first post, welcome to the forum.
    i7-7700K/MSI RTX 3080/Win10 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following user likes this Post: Konan