Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's design the ultimate racing simulation game

Platform
    PC

Let's design the ultimate racing simulation game

Ok, so it might or might not happen, but what if Mr Burns, CEO of EA says, "Right Smithers, we want to beat GT and Forza and have the ultimate racing game in our portfolio. Go away and make it so."
    So EA have written a blank cheque and told us to go look at all the other games out there, and we are invited to submit our favourite details, large or small, into the design document.
    Best driving physics is taken for granted, and we've already all got the things PC1-3 does well, so I'll get it started:

Weather from Microsoft Flight sim
    Deformable barriers, realistic physics for cones and tyres (where it suits the track) from Wreckfest
    Livery editor from Gran Turismo so you can make accurate replicas and share them
    Busy pit lane and garage from F1 20XX
    Detailed interactive cockpits as good as DCS World
    Sounds better than ACC

Feel free to submit your favourite features from any game you choose. Please don't fill the thread with 'Meh I don't care about that' comments, go away and make your own 'Meh I don't care about that' thread
    i7-7700K/MSI RTX 3080/Win10 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Platform
    PC
    Alright, let's have some fun

I'll take:

-The calendar-based career mode from Project Cars 1 (Full-length championships including invitational championships)

-Proper in-game economy system

-Have a proper team-building aspect to the game
    -Trying to earn sponsorship deals
    -Full team livery designer for cars
    -Buying and Selling cars for your team
    -Hiring and Firing teammates and engineers etc
    -Partnerships with other teams (Say if I want to enter the Indy 500 but don't own an Indycar, I can approach Andretti for example and say 'you provide the car and expertise, we will provide the driver and sponsorship')

-Whole team system and economy should only be part of single-player and be completely optional, have a 'lite' career mode where all you are is a driver, and compete to get better contract options from better teams like in Project Cars 1

-Multiplayer should have custom lobbies
    -and scheduled events but these will be in the form of a championship over a couple of months or so similar to iRacing

-Add short oval racing to lower steps of career ladder both European (Brisca maybe, but Hot Rods would be perfect) and American

Will probably think of more and add later (I know I thought of something and forgot it)

Basically I just want the most in depth career mode we've ever seen beyond anything else.
    Last edited by Tank621; 19-12-2020 at 13:27.
    Project Cars 3 Content List: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...and-Discussion
    Xbox: tankbuster621 Steam: Tank621 Playstation: Tankbuster621
    The following 6 users likes this Post: chastewand, Cholton82, hkraft300, John Hargreaves, Konan, Titzon Toast

Platform
    PC
    I think scalability that doesn't break stuff or cause bugs would be a great foundation to build on.

The ability to pile-on with a lot of eye-candy will be great as long as people with lesser hardware get a useable "potato" mode as a starting point.

I know this is a touchy topic now, but I still think the idea of a hard-core sim with *selectable* arcade options could have the wider appeal SMS was going for with PC3. It probably has to be "baked in" early in the development process though.

I would like the starting point to be the most realistic driving experience attainable on normal hardware. If realism and hardware capabilities conflict too much, maybe use the latest consoles as the starting point and just don't offer it on older consoles. Or create a simplified spin-off for older consoles with a slightly different name to avoid confusion and more simplified realism. I know it's a big market to just pass by, and marketing the less-realistic version would be a minefield. But if older hardware is getting in the way of advancing realism, I hope SMS can find a way to work around the issue.
    Last edited by Twinz; 19-12-2020 at 13:45.
    Steam name: z1nonly YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Z1NONLY/featured Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/z1nonly172
    3800X / RTX 3080 FE / 32gb DDR4 @3600 C15 / HP Reverb Pro / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5
    The following 2 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, Konan

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I know these are not from other games/franchises, but I'm posting a few features/improvements from Project CARS 3 that I would love to see retained in any future realease;

1) FFB and Fanatec rim/pedal haptics (brilliant in every vehicle without any adjusments needed)

2) Headphone audio mix (especially the distortion effects from kerbs etc)

3) Rivals mode (excellent addition which is really intense and helps improve driver skill)

4) Upgradable road cars
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/ClubSport F1 2018 LE Rim + Podium APM/ClubSport V3 Pedals + Brake Performance Kit - PS5 Digital - Saor Alba
    The following 4 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, Konan, Slawek_9, Titzon Toast

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    - Official support of modding, and modding tools.
    - more attention to the settings and options of real cars (for example, the ability to change traction control, ABS during a race)
    - at least two levels of car settings (simple as "more speed" (remember rf1?) and advanced) and a _really_useful_ racing engineer
    - the ability to change car settings during practice without returning to the garage, in the "pause" menu
    - replay with common control (not only "fast, slow")
    Last edited by BorisK; 19-12-2020 at 17:55.
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    I know these are not from other games/franchises, but I'm posting a few features/improvements from Project CARS 3 that I would love to see retained in any future release;
    Ooh yes, I like that idea, so that is officially allowed in the thread. Here's a couple more

I do like earning money after a race (rather than XP points actually)
    I like the way you can restart a race in PC3 and then choose the AI difficulty rather than having to quit and reload.
    I like how in PC2 you can scroll through a menu and drop off the bottom and it puts you back to the top, rolling scrolling, which was not kept in PC3
    I miss the virtual mirror from PC2
    i7-7700K/MSI RTX 3080/Win10 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, Sum Dixon-Ear

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Something I would love to see implemented;

Ability to use Fanatec's right side joystick (on console) for free look in cockpit view, as used in flight sims. This is only available for pad users with the left stick at the moment.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/ClubSport F1 2018 LE Rim + Podium APM/ClubSport V3 Pedals + Brake Performance Kit - PS5 Digital - Saor Alba
    The following 2 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, Konan

Platform
    PC
    Monetary/Sponsor system. This would be used for career mode where crashes cost money. A big crash in practice could end the weekend if you don't have cash or spares to repair the car. Taking chances on that risky pass, could damage the car and cost repairs between race weekends.

Tire allotments for career mode. i.e. you can't just lock up and burn through tires like there is an unlimited supply for a race weekend.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 6 users likes this Post: chastewand, cluck, Dmitry Afanasyev, John Hargreaves, Konan, Tank621

Platform
    PC
    All the above sound great

The Photo Mode in PC3 is great, but I would like to add the ability to use 'Solar Azimuth' and 'Solar Zenith' which Assetto Corsa has (last time I looked and used it), which can move the position of the Sun once a screen shot has been composed, so you can create different lighting in that one composed screen shot, even change to night time

The damage / demormation model of 'Wreckfest' / 'BeamNG' and the ability to 'Turn Off' for those who do not want it.

All the Cockpit Seat Movements...up / down / forward / back / pitch / FOV etc etc...PC2 was great in this area
    Last edited by MDGourley; 19-12-2020 at 16:51.
    Win 10 + RTX2070 + i73770k + Asus P8 Z77-V Deluxe MoBo | Thrustmaster TS-XW Racer Sparco P310 Wheel | 2x TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod | 1x TH8A | ECCI Trackstar 6000 Pedals | Button Box | 1x TH8rs | Asus Strix 7.1 Headphones | Astro A40 + Mix Amp | Triple Screen 3x 27" 5760x1080​
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Monetary/Sponsor system. This would be used for career mode where crashes cost money. A big crash in practice could end the weekend if you don't have cash or spares to repair the car. Taking chances on that risky pass, could damage the car and cost repairs between race weekends.

Tire allotments for career mode. i.e. you can't just lock up and burn through tires like there is an unlimited supply for a race weekend.
    Some nice gameplay implications there, risk and reward.

Also, marshalls waving flags after the race and a guy with a chequered flag on the finish line, (ACC/GT Sport etc.)
    Last edited by John Hargreaves; 19-12-2020 at 17:43.

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, Sum Dixon-Ear