Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Let's design the ultimate racing simulation game

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Real cars can drift so just mess with that part of the physics so they can't? Good drift physics are a perfect test for a physics engine. Drifts also don't have to be intentional.

I don't want drift modes/counters/stats, that never interested me one bit. But a (street)car should be able to do it as good in game as it can IRL. It's enjoyable to do once in a while, more so on longer tracks/street circuits(like the Deutschlandring in AC).
    100% right.

If I lock spool, I should be almost constantly drifting and it should be manageable - but it isn't. Currently only 4x4 cars are drifitng well (and stock Aston Martin DB11 as RWD exception). This indicates there is a gap in physics that cannot handle drift.

And if a game will be capable of drifting, there should be a separate competition for this. I will definitely drift as from time to time this brings a lot of fresh fun. That said, drift in AC or GT Sport wasn't for me, but drift in NFS Shift 2 ohhhh men it was such fun to catch those perfect lines! And with PC being a spiritual successor of Shift 2, I would expect something similar.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Drift cars are set up with reverse Ackermann geometry so a good drifting SIM would need to include the facility to adjust Ackermann angles. I don't think that is possible in pcars but I don't know about other Sims but it does appear important for max drift realism.

https://www.wisefab.com/resources/ev...nn-in-drifting
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 75, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec DD2, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com
    The following user likes this Post: Zinnsash

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Real cars can drift so just mess with that part of the physics so they can't? Good drift physics are a perfect test for a physics engine.
    Of course, I meant drifting as a competition, a normal car drift should be realistically implemented.
    The following user likes this Post: Zinnsash