Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's design the ultimate racing simulation game

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Titzon Toast View Post
    Cars that deteriorate with age and use, maintenance and repairs needed to keep them in tip top racing condition.

Engine and component swaps from cars made from the same manufacturer.
    i think gran turismo 3 and 4 had this over time you had to do an oil change

but i dont remember if it made any difference in the performance of the car if you did an oil change or not
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Stick a Saab 9.3 in the game and I'm sold.

Actually, I really just want fully customisable units of measure, it's the one thing that annoyed me in both pCARS1 and 2, this whole "metric or imperial" selection thing. I wanted a mix of units that didn't fit into an either / or pigeonhole.

Oh and an autocross style area for just messing around in and exploring what a car is capable of.

Other than that, I'm easily pleased. Give me a bunch of exciting circuits to race on, give me a bunch of exciting cars to race in and give me the means to do that offline and online and I'm a happy chicken. Oh and if you can give me some sort of single player system that makes me feel like I'm part of a racing team and have some good old fashioned "bad guys" on the track that I can go "boo hiss" at, then I'm sold (like GRID I guess, I had a huge amount of fun in that game back in the day)

I don't really do ideas, I think the autocross and units ideas were the only ones I (along with one or two others) put forward during the whole of WMD1 and WMD2. I also have no idea how to create a game that caters for a wide audience, so I don't envy anybody trying to take that task on.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // NVidia 3060ti FE GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Corsair RM850i 850W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //
    The following 5 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, PostBox981, r_outsider, Sum Dixon-Ear, Tank621

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by GTsimms View Post
    That's where PC3 does shine for me compared to every other title atm. The vehicles are drivable in dry and wet conditions and are recoverable like real life unless you push too hard.

Even though the tires and fuel are an issue for some. Most sims considered "hardcore" and nearly impossible to recover from a loss of traction have the option to turn those features off.
    Most sim racers can't F=ma but every pcars is simcade

I'd also very much like period correct tyres on the classics without a sticky tyre option.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylos29 View Post
    I wouldn't be playing GT Sport because I preferred the physics, but because it's the only competitive system on console for racing. ... .
    +1 haven't played GTS but gt5 and 6 online, the lobby host options, was good. Except, like you've mentioned, I'd opt for a few classes with good, tight BoP for competitive racing. Gt3/e/4, LMP /dpi, formula cars.

I don't think I'd like lobby host to have BoP options especially on those classes.

Quote Originally Posted by PostBox981 View Post
    Thats a point that I like about AMS2: many tracks come with several layouts of different eras.
    This would be interesting in racing classics on period correct tracks. Some cars on period correct tracks suddenly make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    One thing I would love is access to highly detailed, saveable telemetry for every session that you want the data from.. with the ability to export that data to a seperate two-way app for analysis and set up tweaks that can be sent back to the game via UDP.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    i think gran turismo 3 and 4 had this over time you had to do an oil change
    It did if you left it long enough. Loss of Hp over time.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following user likes this Post: r_outsider

Kart Driver
    Not the end of the world, but you can see it from here
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    One thing I really like from FM7 that I'd like in this ultimate game, is tuning from the pause screen in test drive mode, saves a ton of time. Also, although I really don't care for the idea of rewinds in a race, having them available when you're trying to nail a setup is very handy. While this is obviously not "sim" in any way, shape or form, I think it's fair to point out that in a game, we don't have 25 people working full time on a single car, either.

Expanding on PC2's engineer, it would be awesome if the engineer would actually suggest setup changes.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: dault3883, John Hargreaves, Sum Dixon-Ear

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by r_outsider View Post
    One thing I really like from FM7 that I'd like in this ultimate game, is tuning from the pause screen in test drive mode, saves a ton of time. Also, although I really don't care for the idea of rewinds in a race, having them available when you're trying to nail a setup is very handy. While this is obviously not "sim" in any way, shape or form, I think it's fair to point out that in a game, we don't have 25 people working full time on a single car, either.

Expanding on PC2's engineer, it would be awesome if the engineer would actually suggest setup changes.
    not to mention not every one understands setups and what to adjust to make the car do what they want it to do
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by r_outsider View Post

This could be integrated into a telemetry diagnosis app... an engineer to suggest setup tweaks and apply them would be an awesome feature. Even if implemented in a relatively simple manner; e.g. gearing optimisation, aero, ride heights and recommended settings for dampers and springs per track. From a well optimised base setup, the player could tweak personal preferences in a less daunting manner; e.g. anti-roll bars, steering rack etc.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/ClubSport F1 2018 LE Rim + Podium APM/ClubSport V3 Pedals + Brake Performance Kit - Saor Alba
    The following user likes this Post: r_outsider

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    This could be integrated into a telemetry diagnosis app... an engineer to suggest setup tweaks and apply them would be an awesome feature. Even if implemented in a relatively simple manner; e.g. gearing optimisation, aero, ride heights and recommended settings for dampers and springs per track. From a well optimised base setup, the player could tweak personal preferences in a less daunting manner; e.g. anti-roll bars, steering rack etc.
    again not every one understands telemetry id rather have the engineer suggesting setup changes be apart of a game rather than an app i would never use

reading telemetry to me is like trying to read Ancient Native American cave paintings

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    again not every one understands telemetry id rather have the engineer suggesting setup changes be apart of a game rather than an app i would never use

reading telemetry to me is like trying to read Ancient Native American cave paintings
    It's not a matter of what you like or not though, this is a suggestion thread to design everyone's personal game... It's not like that will be even possible

... And if it was, you can decide to not use that option as well...
    Last edited by Konan; 17-01-2021 at 13:48.
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Platform
    PS4 Pro

I understand that, but if you want to get the most from a full-blooded motorsport sim then, at least, a rudimentary understanding of telemetry and car setups is desirable... if not essential.

There are a plethora of great videos and flow charts out there as a good starting point; Yorkie's pC2 guides are excellent for example.

Most sim racers enjoy working on setups, always searching for the perfect combination to squeeze the best performance from their cars according to their driving styles, preferences and individual nuances.

In-depth telemetry is a massive help in that regard, you can see exactly where you can lower the car by another millimetre or optimise a single gear ratio.

I would also love the ability to be able to compare telemetry data with other drivers as well.
    Last edited by Sum Dixon-Ear; 17-01-2021 at 14:02.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/ClubSport F1 2018 LE Rim + Podium APM/ClubSport V3 Pedals + Brake Performance Kit - Saor Alba
    The following 4 users likes this Post: chastewand, hkraft300, nono782, PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    It's not a matter of what you like or not though, this is a suggestion thread to design everyone's personal game... It's not like that will be even possible

... And if it was, you can decide to not use that option as well...
    all i said was to have the engineer suggested setup changes part be apart of the game rather than a third party app thats all

i said it nicely too and i was injecting my opinion which is exactly as you stated this thread is about