Thread: Fanatec wheels still recognize as a Thrustmaster (Xbox)

Kart Driver

Fanatec wheels still recognize as a Thrustmaster (Xbox)

I'm on Xbox One X, I had the Fanatec CSW V2, and now I drive with the DD1 (with Xbox Hub). After 2 major updates, Fanatec wheels remain recognized as a Thrustmaster. Will this problem be corrected soon, please?
    I would like to drive with Fanatec drivers (

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Nono View Post
    I'm on Xbox One X, I had the Fanatec CSW V2, and now I drive with the DD1 (with Xbox Hub). After 2 major updates, Fanatec wheels remain recognized as a Thrustmaster. Will this problem be corrected soon, please?
    I would like to drive with Fanatec drivers (
    I have a dd2 on Xbox and it is recognised the same. I asked fanatec about this and they said it is of no concern and the wheel will work fine.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 75, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec DD2, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com
    The following user likes this Post: GTsimms

Kart Driver
    Yes, it's true, that it's pretty good as it is for now. I still wonder if it would be different (better) if Fanatc if they were recognized.
    Thanks for your respond ;o)
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Nono View Post
    Yes, it's true, that it's pretty good as it is for now. I still wonder if it would be different (better) if Fanatc if they were recognized.
    Thanks for your respond ;o)
    Fanatec gave a good response. FFB output is the same across all wheels unless it's modded. So, the only thing really limiting FFB is the Brand/Model of wheel.
    PC 3 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    Monitor LG 29" Ultrawide 2560x1080
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)

Primary Fanatec: CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals w/performance kit, R300 w/CSL hub, R330 w/Xbox hub & APMs and Formula V2 w/APMs, Handbrake v.1.5, and button caps
    Secondary Wheels: T300 w/T3PA Pro (Sparco Rally and F1), T150, CSR, & GT3 RS V2 w/CSR pedals

Other wheels used in the past Logitech G25, DFGT, MOMO, and Driving Force (GT3 A-Spec).

Platform
    PC
    I believe Nono is wondering if PC3 is sending different FFB to the wheel thinking it's a different wheel. i.e. if it knows it's a Fanatec wheel, would PC3 send different FFB to the wheel.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    I believe Nono is wondering if PC3 is sending different FFB to the wheel thinking it's a different wheel. i.e. if it knows it's a Fanatec wheel, would PC3 send different FFB to the wheel.
    It's sending the same signal.
    PC 3 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)

Primary Fanatec: CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals w/performance kit, R300 w/CSL hub, R330 w/Xbox hub & APMs and Formula V2 w/APMs, Handbrake v.1.5, and button caps
    Secondary Wheels: T300 w/T3PA Pro (Sparco Rally and F1), T150, CSR, & GT3 RS V2 w/CSR pedals

Other wheels used in the past Logitech G25, DFGT, MOMO, and Driving Force (GT3 A-Spec).

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GTsimms View Post
    It's sending the same signal.
    I don't know on the Xbox, but will say there would be a difference on the PC. It's possible that Xbox treats all external wheels as the same thing, but I would suggest M$ would need to confirm that specifically.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    As far as I know, Xbox has never supported the advanced functions on newer Fanatec wheels (LEDs, display screen etc)... so it's probably acceptable (to them) to just use a generic 'one-size-fits-all' driver. Perhaps there are different drivers for belt driven and geared wheels?

Luckily, on Playstation, we have full feature functionality... and thus, the wheels are recognised properly.

The issue lies with Microsoft, there is nothing that SMS or Fanatec can do about it unless MS improve wheel support at their end.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/ClubSport F1 2018 LE Rim + Podium APM/ClubSport V3 Pedals + Brake Performance Kit - PS5 Digital - Saor Alba
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    I don't know on the Xbox, but will say there would be a difference on the PC. It's possible that Xbox treats all external wheels as the same thing, but I would suggest M$ would need to confirm that specifically.
    There will be a difference between the pc and older consoles. I am not sure of the range of ffb signals on the new consoles. It could be improved by Sum Dixon-Ear responses from playing on the PS5.

I know that from using multiple wheels on pc. The signal is there, but it's how the wheel utilizes it. A good example is like the ffb jolts on the CSW 2.5 which Maurice complained about during WMD2. They were like a specific vibration rattle on the T150 RS / T300 could be very limited using the RAW file. The signal output is there, it's learning how the wheel may or may not use it.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    As far as I know, Xbox has never supported the advanced functions on newer Fanatec wheels (LEDs, display screen etc)... so it's probably acceptable (to them) to just use a generic 'one-size-fits-all' driver. Perhaps there are different drivers for belt driven and geared wheels?

Luckily, on Playstation, we have full feature functionality... and thus, the wheels are recognised properly.

The issue lies with Microsoft, there is nothing that SMS or Fanatec can do about it unless MS improve wheel support at their end.
    I don't have rev lights but the oled dd2 display on the wheel has full functionality. I think the brake pedal vibration is compromised as it is triggered by brake force not wheel lock, this doesn't bother me as I can't feel much vibration and get plenty of feel of impending lock through the wheel.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 75, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec DD2, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com
    The following user likes this Post: Sum Dixon-Ear