Thread: controller not recognized

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

New

I have downloaded PC2, when I start the program my controller is not recognized. The car starts in the pit lane like a robot is driving it and when it hits the track all controls are dead. Is this normal for this program?
    No support that I know of so I'm dead in the water with this program.
    I did configure my controls, Fanatec controller although the pedals don't seem to be recognized either.
    Any help would be appreciated
    thanks
    mc

Platform
    PC
    Try this first:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/80555...71691949824409

Then go into EDIT ASSIGNMENTS and see if you can configure your Fanatec device. It would also help if you provided more detail around your controller gear.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    ok, Thanks Mahjik:
    I have a Fanatec 2.5 base/wheel with Fanatec gearbox and Fanatec pedals
    I'll try the above, thank you
    mc

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

controller not recognized

I have a fanatec 2.5wheel with fanatec shifter and pedals. Computer is new and was configured as a game computer, I don't have the specs but it is robust and new. I have configured the wheel and pedals in the configuration section but when I click on edit assignments it shows that it is a keyboard. When I try to set the pedals there is not recognition of the pedals and I do have it set at "separate" in the pedal section and "manual" for the gearbox and fanatec 2.5 wheelbase.

When I start the game the car takes off with a drunk robot driving it down the pit lane weaving apparently to warm up the tires (sonoma raceway) with a race engineer screaming at the driver. When the car crosses onto the track at the end of the pit lane, no control at all, just dies, no steering/throttle or brake. I just have to hit escape to exit. I've been trying to work with custom support but this appears to be beyond their bandwidth I have been asking for help for weeks. Although I did get a response, it does not correspond to what I have told them.

It appears that there is a disconnect between what I have configured and what the game is recognizing or it just wants to recognize the keyboard. I have searched around the various tabs and nothing seems to come up that would change what I already have told the game what my controller is, etc.

Pretty much ready to just uninstall and forget PC 2. Unfortunately I don't have the time to work through endless potential solutions, still working for a living and only so much time to devote and clearly don't need the stress!!!!. And I'm not an IT person either. While I can mostly navigate around a game or computer, too much technical stuff is beyond my expertise.

If anyone has a tip that would be appreciated,

thank you
    mc

Platform
    PC
    There is an issue sometimes people run into with how Steam works with controllers. Try this if you have not yet:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/80555...71691949824409
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips