Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why no flashbacks?

Platform
    PS4

Why no flashbacks?

I love simracing but I'm no pro, I can race maybe 2-6 hours a week. The one thing that IMO is the most difficult part of racing is consistency. For all other difficult things there are options: AI difficulty, no damage, no tyre wear, etc, all to customize your race to your level. But if you found all those settings right for you then still: you hit a kerb just that 1 meter too far with just too much throttle, you spin out, maybe even get hit by a few AI, end up backwards in the gravel and lose 10-20 seconds. Might as well happen 2-3 times per 1h race and that really is game over in 90% of the races then.

Just a post about me being dissapointed about this, hope to find people who agree. An option to allow flashbacks would make the game so much more enjoyable for me. I am no pro, I make mistakes. I don't want them to end my race.

BTW I know F1 games have this option, but I enjoy PC2 physics and dynamics and also custamisation of races (endurance, time progression speeding up) much more as well as the large number of cars to drive (fan of the GT3 and LMP2).

Cheers guys! I know it is how it is, just looking for people who agree with me on this.

Platform
    PC
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    There have definitely been times when I've lost concentration and made an error near the end of a long race and thought it would be nice to have flashbacks, but then I guess a lot of real world drivers think that too.
    i7-7700K/MSI RTX 3080/Win10 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cumulonimbus View Post
    I love simracing

Quote Originally Posted by Cumulonimbus View Post
    An option to allow flashbacks would make the game so much more enjoyable for me. I am no pro, I make mistakes. I don't want them to end my race.
    Does not compute. In racing mistakes end races. "Sim" in "simracing" mean "simulation". As in: "the imitative representation of the functioning of one system or process by means of the functioning of another"

Also, it's a slippery slope. What next, colorful gems you have to collect on the track? Lack of pit stops? Magic tires? Oh wait.
    Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians

A few simracing videos
    The following 4 users likes this Post: chastewand, dault3883, Oscuro, r_outsider

Platform
    PC
    On the whole I prefer it without flashbacks , if I mess up it's my own stupid fault. It has made me more patient and I have learned to concentrate better .
    i7-7700K/MSI RTX 3080/Win10 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by PawelK View Post
    Does not compute. In racing mistakes end races. "Sim" in "simracing" mean "simulation". As in: "the imitative representation of the functioning of one system or process by means of the functioning of another"
    You’re so right. My bad for writing that. I meant: “I love all the options and possibilities in this game (cars, tracks, time and time progressions, etc) as well as the physics of this game.” Instead of the sentence that I Love sim racing.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Nah, flashbacks are a real crutch. Its not something too many sim racers do. Or any?

Platform
    PC
    Like damage, it's an easy feature to turn off though, no one forces players to use it.

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Platform
    PC
    i agree the option for flashbacks would be nice but on the f1 games ever since they made them unlimited iv found my self to be over reliable of them versus on f1 2012 when you only had 5 you really had to make them count
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PC
    Good point, I tend to leave them on in F1 20XX, partly me being lazy really, but it does come in handy now and again. It's not that much different from making a mistake, wrecking any chance of making progress against the AI, then having to restart to have a fresh competitive race, as you would do in any game without flashbacks. Keeps the fun flowing at least, which probably suits the F1 titles the best.

WMD1 + WMD2 Member