Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem setting up Thrustmaster TMX in PC2

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Cool Problem setting up Thrustmaster TMX in PC2

Hallo,

Ik heb gezocht maar kon het niet vinden: ik kan met geen mogelijkheid mijn Thrustmaster TMX goed instellen. Elke optie die ik probeer faalt, uren zitten klooien met instellingen en op Steam de instructievideo gevolgd.
    Het enige wat nu werkt is dat het rempedaal goed werkt als een achterruit..........pffffffff. Verder niets, gaspedaalwerkt niet, stuur werkt niet, FFB werkt volgens mij wel. Maar goed beland telkens in de muur
    Alles geprobeerd qua instellingen, zelfs PC2 opnieuw geïnstalleerd (wat onwaarschijnlijk lang duurde), maar nee.

Herkent iemand dit probleem en is er een oplossing? Want het spel zelf oogt super.

Help!!!

Frank.

Platform
    PC
    Hello fellow cheesehead , please post in English or use an online translator as this forum is English-only.

So you're not able to get your Thrustmaster TMX wheel working properly in the game. I don't know the wheel but I would imagine that you should be able to make it work as a generic wheel in the Controller Set-up section of the game.

Hopefully a TMX user can help out, but here's some quick hints:
    - make sure your wheel and pedals work fine in the Thrustmaster/Windows controller/driver application
    - disconnect other controllers to make sure they're not interfering
    - you first have to assign wheel and pedals to the controls
    - make sure you set your pedals to 'separate', otherwise your brake pedal will also work as reverse
    - after assigning controls, you have to calibrate the wheel and pedals, and make sure you follow the on-screen calibration instructions properly

If you're still stuck, try and post screenshots or a short video of what you're doing.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    Hello fellow cheesehead , please post in English or use an online translator as this forum is English-only.

So you're not able to get your Thrustmaster TMX wheel working properly in the game. I don't know the wheel but I would imagine that you should be able to make it work as a generic wheel in the Controller Set-up section of the game.

Hopefully a TMX user can help out, but here's some quick hints:
    - make sure your wheel and pedals work fine in the Thrustmaster/Windows controller/driver application
    - disconnect other controllers to make sure they're not interfering
    - you first have to assign wheel and pedals to the controls
    - make sure you set your pedals to 'separate', otherwise your brake pedal will also work as reverse
    - after assigning controls, you have to calibrate the wheel and pedals, and make sure you follow the on-screen calibration instructions properly

If you're still stuck, try and post screenshots or a short video of what you're doing.
    Hi thanks, fellow cheesehead , I forgot to write in English here, in all panic I guess, lol.

Yeah I did check the windows controller, although setting the steering angle to 900 is something I never do.
    But: after many try-outs I found out that choosing the Thrustmaster T500RS worked. Amazing that my wheel is not recognized, never had that problem in any racing game. It's a very well known and good wheel and not cheap (although not a Fanatec wheel, lol).
    Not sure what you ment with 'assign wheel and pedals to the controls'. I just calibrated the wheel and pedals, although calibrating the wheel is a real pain in this game.
    And: when I turn on 'auto-clutch', it sometimes works, sometimes it does not. I found the 'Project CARS 2 - All Cars and Tracks FFB Configuration & Score' file, which I hope will help me to adjust the cars right.
    Because some of the cars feel really hard to control. Anyway, I got the most working. Only problem I see now is that it seems to run on Steam 32 bit, I have no idea why. But I don't really care, the game itself runs fine on my PC although I barely meet the standard system requirements. Weird because many setting are set to 'high'. All by all: never had these troubles in all the many racing games I played/have, so I don't know what Project Cars 2 did. I thought bugs would be cleared bye now, since the game is not exactly new.............

Again thanks for your support. Maybe this will help others too, or have better suggestions concerning my card.

Platform
    PC
    Your wheel was probably not available (to the devs at least) during development, therefore it's not supported explicitly. Normally you should then select the Generic FFB Wheel preset and start from there, but if using the TM T500RS preset works then that's fine.

'Assign wheel and pedals' means telling the game what axes are your steering wheel and pedals that should be used for steering, gas, brake etc., just like telling the game what buttons you want to use for other functions. Calibration is turning your wheel and pressing your pedals (in the relevant windows) so the game knows the travel ranges of your wheel and pedals.

The auto-clutch thing you mentioned I don't understand, but it could be that it depends on the particular car you're driving.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Your wheel was probably not available (to the devs at least) during development, therefore it's not supported explicitly. Normally you should then select the Generic FFB Wheel preset and start from there, but if using the TM T500RS preset works then that's fine.

'Assign wheel and pedals' means telling the game what axes are your steering wheel and pedals that should be used for steering, gas, brake etc., just like telling the game what buttons you want to use for other functions. Calibration is turning your wheel and pressing your pedals (in the relevant windows) so the game knows the travel ranges of your wheel and pedals.

The auto-clutch thing you mentioned I don't understand, but it could be that it depends on the particular car you're driving.
    Ok thanks, then I got it right concerning the assignments . I'm not sure though if I have to depress the wheel or pedals completely, or partially. Not sure if it makes any difference. I must say it's not an easy game to play comparing too Formula 1 for example. But it's a challenge. Furthermore: the game (via Steam) will only load in 32 bit mode. No idea why, but the game runs fine.

Again, thanks for your help & happy racing,

Frank.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Francoloro View Post
    . I'm not sure though if I have to depress the wheel or pedals completely, or partially. Not sure if it makes any difference.
    You have to press the pedals all the way down. If you don't, the game will map the full throttle action only over the range you pressed the pedal, i.e. it will make the pedal more sensitive.

The wheel calibration for some reason has many people doing it wrong. The idea is that you let the game determine the exact turning angle that the wheel really has, by doing the following steps:
    - center the wheel
    - click Next
    - turn it fully to one side until it hits the end stop, then back to center
    - click Next
    - turn it so that it's physically rotated by exactly 90 degrees (so look at the wheel, not at the value on-screen)
    - click Next/Finish

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

You have to press the pedals all the way down. If you don't, the game will map the full throttle action only over the range you pressed the pedal, i.e. it will make the pedal more sensitive.

The wheel calibration for some reason has many people doing it wrong. The idea is that you let the game determine the exact turning angle that the wheel really has, by doing the following steps:
    - center the wheel
    - click Next
    - turn it fully to one side until it hits the end stop, then back to center
    - click Next
    - turn it so that it's physically rotated by exactly 90 degrees (so look at the wheel, not at the value on-screen)
    - click Next/Finish
    Ok thanks Sankyo, that is what I already suspected Although I was not really sure about the wheel settings since the screen does not show 90 degrees, and I did what you told me know, just turning the wheel myself to 90 degrees.
    It's still hard to configure some cars in the right way even with the help of the garage. Many cars seem to be more sensitive in 'throttle breaking' then actually hit the brakes because in many cases that results in oversteer as I noticed. But I'll get used to it, did not try out that many cars yet and I see each car type shows it's stability in the list.

Again thanks for the reply, I'll keep on racing, so many cars and tracks to choose from, it's amazing

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Francoloro View Post
    Ok thanks Sankyo, that is what I already suspected Although I was not really sure about the wheel settings since the screen does not show 90 degrees, and I did what you told me know, just turning the wheel myself to 90 degrees.
    It's still hard to configure some cars in the right way even with the help of the garage. Many cars seem to be more sensitive in 'throttle breaking' then actually hit the brakes because in many cases that results in oversteer as I noticed. But I'll get used to it, did not try out that many cars yet and I see each car type shows it's stability in the list.

Again thanks for the reply, I'll keep on racing, so many cars and tracks to choose from, it's amazing
    To reduce the engine braking sensitivity and hence improve car stability, change the engine braking value in the car's set-up. IIRC, the value is counter-intuitive as a higher value will give less engine braking.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    once all of that has been done, why do the "edit config" of control section still have a keyboard set up for operating the steering and how do you change that?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Princeplanet View Post
    once all of that has been done, why do the "edit config" of control section still have a keyboard set up for operating the steering and how do you change that?
    Click on the axises in the menu, and change them to your controllers.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips