Thread: Very few drivers, hard to find races with over 10, not to mention safety rating, why?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Very few drivers, hard to find races with over 10, not to mention safety rating, why?

Hi, PCars 2 is my first online racing experience, I basically race every day after work for an hour or longer.
    I can`t really compare the game to others, but the realism and the physiks engine seems to be retty good.
    The only thing that I noticed from the beginning on is, that there is a rather low number of participants, sharing even fewer lobbies.
    Since there are not enough players to begin with, lobbies are forced to put away with the safety rating, resulting in hit and run races.
    How come, that the number of players is not increasing? PCars2 seems to be world wide, but still, Iracing, which is dorn expensive has countles lobbies, with proper safety and skill levels, Pcars2 cost me only 10 bucks.
    What good is my s rating, when I can only race among u, if I even found a track I liked ?

What I also wonder about, if there are players from all over the world, if that is even possible regarding latency, then there should be races all around the clock, which it isn`t.
    I see Japan flags, or other odd countries, there it should be early in the morning, when I play usually in the evening.
    Greetings,
    John

Platform
    PC
    part of the reason might be that PC2 is well past end of life where as Iracing is still ongoing

also because iracing is pay to play per say you dont get as many of the crashers in their lobbies as its an ongoing cost so the cream of the crop go their including real professional race drivers

You might want to try raceroom lots of people on there and its free to play only cost is the race packs so its a lot like iracing in a way but without the membership costs
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PC
    It comes down to updated content. iRacing, continues to provide updated content (granted at a cost and you don't own the content if you stop paying). Most racers have moved onto newer titles for guess what, newer content. PC2 came out in 2017 and the last content was delivered in 2018. Most drivers moved on to AMS2 or ACC but I will admit, there is a surprisingly loyal group of PC2 players as it's still averaging around 1300 players per day on Steam.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    The numbers of online players in PCARS2 has remained almost constant in the last 2-3 years, still everyday there are plenty lobbies to choose from in Europe's prime time, as it's always been (albeit most are GT3 lobbies). Some have indeed moved to ACC, but there are also new ones coming to PCARS2, so the sum is more or less the same. AMS2 unfortunately does not have an impact on this yet, the amount of people playing it is still extremely low for it to be a factor. But it has finally started to rise in the last couple months, after the great improvements their devs has made, so probably there will be a much higher rise rate in the next months.

The main problem the OP mentions is the safety system, that very few lobbies use it. IMO, it's not due to the low number of drivers (which isn't low), it's just that the safety system is very badly implemented (calibrated). Even if you find a join a lobby with a high level of safety setting (D or even higher), the racing is still hit and miss, you still get a lot of crashers and wreckers, the only thing you avoid is those who are join lobbies with the sole purpose of wrecking others (and still you cannot completely avoid them, it only takes someone to invite them in a high safety lobby, and they are in...). The way the system is implemented, you can reach an S rating and crash other people as much as you like without ever losing your rating, while on the other hand you might be a very clean driver, but never manage to get out of U, because others are crashing you all the time. Only way to get out of U, is to not race others, stay safely at the back (or at the front), letting others crash each other out.

So, in short, don't worry about the safety rating and finding lobbies with that. Try a few different lobbies, see which ones happen to have the relatively cleanest drivers and stick with it.

Superkart Pilot racesafegrandad's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    Depends on the circuit, the minimum licence and the cars being raced.
    If you start a race at Monza with GT3 cars and a very low licence setting than you will likely get good entries.
    I love racing the GT5 cars. So I start a race at Brands indy, all aids on, no damage, 30 minutes qualifying, 18 laps, and then go do something else.
    30 minutes up and no one has joined. Start again, still no one has joined? start again and forget it and go cook my dinner........5 minutes to go, I take a look, and OMG everybody and his dog is out on track qualifying!
    As for the not so clean drivers, Get out front at the start and don't look back!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    lol, and dont look back, how true!
    The following user likes this Post: racesafegrandad