Thread: Handling and braking issues please help

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Handling and braking issues please help

I bought Project Cars 2 on sale through the xbox store and I am having nothing but issues. I am coming from playing AC, ACC, and iracing and I do not understand the handling of these cars. Some cars feel fine (Ginetta G40?) and others are like I am on ice(formula rookie). I am not good with setups so I have tried some other peoples setups and they don't work. Also the braking is terrible no matter what car I use I cannot threshold brake at all. As soon as I apply 25% brake I lock up no matter what. I am hoping there is some magic setting I am missing here. I have calibrated my steering and pedals and that did nothing.

I really want to like this game because the only other racing game I have on my Series X is Forza 7 and I would like a more sim game to play as my PC needs a new GPU and that isn't happening right now.

I am using a Logitech G920 and a series X if that matters.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    My general advice is to start with Time trials. There you will get close to optimum brake and tyre temps, and tyre pressures (at least most of the time). This is very important. Also, the track temp will be at least decent, and the track will be at least decent rubbered in. When you start in Practice mode, the brakes and tyres will be cold, and the track is green.
    Also, make sure that you have calibrated wheels and pedals.
    Thrustmaster TX, Ferrari 599XX Alcantara rim, T3PA-Pro, Firmware 54, Xbox One X, public OS, 28" 4K monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.
    Project CALC - cross-platform PC2 leaderboards per car - Xbox/PS4/PC - Forum thread
    The following 2 users likes this Post: blinkngone, r_outsider

Platform
    PC
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I will have to look at that it looks like you put a ton of work into it. Any advice on heating up the tires?

Kart Driver
    Not the end of the world, but you can see it from here
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    You just have to drive a couple of laps, really, some heavy acceleration and braking, and some back and forth weaving.

Sloppy's tunes are great, some cars in default are pretty tough (the Formula Rookie immediately springs to mind), although it's worth going between the default loose and stable setups, sometimes ones a lot better than the other. The race engineer can help a lot, and if you don't tune anything else, experimenting a bit with brake balance and pressure will help immensely.

Some of the leaderboard tunes are for guys who can really work the suspension and tires and are pretty sketchy for mere mortals. Not all, some of them work pretty well for us.
    The following user likes this Post: blinkngone

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Joedub View Post
    I will have to look at that it looks like you put a ton of work into it. Any advice on heating up the tires?
    Hi and welcome to the Forums. If you go here you will find more setup information in the "Stickies" including Casey's Tire Pressure Guide. https://forum.projectcarsgame.com/fo...Car-Setup-Talk

I have posted many setups for consoles, you will notice that for TT many close the brake ducts, this will put heat into the tires, same for Qualifying. Masmagog mentioned Wheel Calibration and also check your sensitivities.

Hey, sorry, half woke up when I posted. The brake ducts will help control tire pressures(very important in PC2). More closed will allow the pressure to increase, more open will allow the pressure to decrease so try and maintain as close to optimum tire pressure as possible by adjusting front and rear duct openings. For me tire temps were near impossible to regulate so I mostly just tried to get even pressures(Not possible for me in temperature extremes).
    Last edited by blinkngone; 29-03-2021 at 12:53.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Joedub View Post
    I bought Project Cars 2 on sale through the xbox store and I am having nothing but issues. I am coming from playing AC, ACC, and iracing and I do not understand the handling of these cars. Some cars feel fine (Ginetta G40?) and others are like I am on ice(formula rookie). I am not good with setups so I have tried some other peoples setups and they don't work. Also the braking is terrible no matter what car I use I cannot threshold brake at all. As soon as I apply 25% brake I lock up no matter what. I am hoping there is some magic setting I am missing here. I have calibrated my steering and pedals and that did nothing.

I really want to like this game because the only other racing game I have on my Series X is Forza 7 and I would like a more sim game to play as my PC needs a new GPU and that isn't happening right now.

I am using a Logitech G920 and a series X if that matters.
    Load "stable" setups and play from them to more speed. Also in options set brake sensitivity to ~0 (zero)