Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PC2 still looks good!

Platform
    PC

PC2 still looks good!

Granted, we all know there are issues (bugs) in PC2 and the occasional graphical weirdness. However, when it's going well, it's still one the best looking sims from the external cameras. I'm not just talking scenery or quality of the track textures and/or car models.. I'm also referring to how the cars behave, seeing the suspensions bounce, etc...

In comparison:

Now, I'm an ACC fan (sounds are best in the business) however it doesn't look the best from a spectator perspective. It's a bit sterile. The way the cars are animated when they turn is a bit strange as well.

Anyways, SMS created something special with PC2 and the Madness engine. Looking forward to seeing what comes next!
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    Yes, it PC2 still looks good and competitions in AOR has a good participation nowdays, but I agree we have fallen far away behind in some aspects as the sound.

About the POV of comunities, ACC has a lot of features that makes things easier for online racing. Apart of the option of driver swap and more players online that allows proper endurance races, the ACC's Dedicated Server works much better than ours and uses ingame text commands, very useful for in expample add penalties, remove penalties, kick players, restart session, advance session...

The Dedicated Server and the replay system (move thought timeline, incidents), are some of the things that PCARS4 more needs to be improved to reduce the gap with ACC.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 19-04-2021 at 09:01.
    CPU: Intel i9-9900KF | GPU: nVidia RTX2080Ti | RAM: Gskill 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec DD1 + Porsche Endurance + Formula 1 V2 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PCARS4 wish list
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Superkart Pilot racesafegrandad's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    Yep, still the best racing sim out there in my opinion.
    As someone that knows Brands Hatch like its my second home I can tell you that racing around there with 15 other nutters in G40s is as real as it gets while sitting at home in front of a T.V. and wrestling a wheel and peddles.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Fiyah, Konan

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I like PC2. It's a shame that the developers, instead of fixing bugs, improving controls for the gamepad, etc. and just adding content (supertrucks, legend cars, dirt ovals ...) made a weird PC3 game. And how can I understand the future of PC4 is not clear.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BorisK View Post
    I like PC2. It's a shame that the developers, instead of fixing bugs, improving controls for the gamepad, etc. and just adding content (supertrucks, legend cars, dirt ovals ...) made a weird PC3 game. And how can I understand the future of PC4 is not clear.
    Again, if the publisher decides that support has to end, there's nothing much a developer can do about it.
    Pc2 ran its predicted support trajectory...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough

Platform
    PC
    I still love PC2. Play it often.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: DaWorstPlaya, Fiyah, goonchy, John Hargreaves, Maskmagog

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Again, if the publisher decides that support has to end, there's nothing much a developer can do about it.
    Pc2 ran its predicted support trajectory...
    I understand this perfectly, but it is still very insulting.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BorisK View Post
    I understand this perfectly, but it is still very insulting.
    Insulting?
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough

Platform
    PC
    Yesterday morning I did a couple of laps of the Nordschleife at dawn in VR in the Aston Martin DBR1-300. Had the whole place to myself, sun slowly rising over the trees. One sighting lap then one brisk one (given how valuable the car is, so no crashing). Turned up the bass shaker under my chair, put the USB fan on in my face and I was completely immersed - FFB told me exactly what the tyres were doing, the car handled beautifully, predictable, progressive, light and agile. Pure bliss.
    i7-7700K/MSI RTX 3080/Win10 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 4 users likes this Post: DaWorstPlaya, Fiyah, Konan, Maskmagog

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Insulting?
    Google translator. I'm surprised too. I meant "sad"
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Cote Dazur, John Hargreaves, Konan, pippinfort