Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Fanatec CSL DD

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GTsimms View Post
    I have DRI off with my CSW 2.5 on PC2 and PC3. They must have done something with the updates. Any positive or negative starts to make the base feel weird.

I am thinking like Ryzza5. I am wondering about a ClubSport DD. Whatever they come out with, I am looking for PC/PlayStation compatibility. But, I have that covered atm with Drivehub's support for the CSW 2.5.
    Which is as it should be. 0 Should be no internal drag and no accelleration. It always bothered me that I had to set it to a negative value to have a 'neutral' steering rack. So, glad they fixed it(eventually).
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, 3090 iChill x4, 3900X, Samsung 49" G9/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

/// MaximusDoriftus(Steam)

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    I agree, I think there will be a csw dd with a longer motor to give 12 to 15 NM and maybe an oled display like dd1/2.
    I'm glad it's out of my view now. My screen is on top of my wheel so I just about can't see it. I have no need for it in normal circumstances, so it's just a white light distracting me. Maybe there is an off option in Fanalabs, but I haven't used it since it caused the first BSOD's in years when turning my wheel off and I feel no need to use it anyway.

So I prefer the screenlessness of the CSL DD, on top of that I prefer the rest of the design and it's compactness, which sadly limits its torque but as I said before even that isn't really a big deal to me.
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, 3090 iChill x4, 3900X, Samsung 49" G9/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

/// MaximusDoriftus(Steam)

Platform
    PC
    During WMD2, I asked AJ Weber about the DD wheels and how close was the CSW 2.5 to a DD. AJ said the CSW 2.5 was very close to a DD wheel. There are videos online, where people have the CSW 2.5 and a DD1/2, who say the main difference is only the torque. The force feedback details are not much of an upgrade.
    Also keep in mind that early in the DD lifecycle, sims weren't really designed to take advantage of them back then. Today is a lot different where sim developers are specifically targeting using the capabilities of DD wheels.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: MaximusN

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Also keep in mind that early in the DD lifecycle, sims weren't really designed to take advantage of them back then. Today is a lot different where sim developers are specifically targeting using the capabilities of DD wheels.
    I wasn't around for WMD1. But I do know, since WMD2 the drivers helping were using DD wheels for the Project CARS Series.
    PC Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    Monitor LG 29" Ultrawide 2560x1080
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)

Primary Fanatec: CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals w/performance kit, R300 w/CSL hub, R330 w/Xbox hub & APMs and Formula V2 w/APMs, Handbrake v.1.5, and button caps
    Secondary Wheels: T300 w/T3PA Pro (Sparco Rally and F1), T150 (2x), CSR, & GT3 RS V2 w/CSR pedals

Other wheels used in the past Logitech G25, DFGT (3x), MOMO, and Driving Force (GT3 A-Spec).

Platform
    PC
    During WMD2, I asked AJ Weber about the DD wheels and how close was the CSW 2.5 to a DD. AJ said the CSW 2.5 was very close to a DD wheel. There are videos online, where people have the CSW 2.5 and a DD1/2, who say the main difference is only the torque. The force feedback details are not much of an upgrade.

One video

No, DD is not close to any belt driven wheel out there, anything with a belt involves friction which slows down reaction time and detail, yes 2.5 is the best belt driven wheel on the market and the closest you will get to a DD but it isn't one and it isn't close, DD has no belt or friction when powered off, lots of our guys have gone 2.5 to DD1/DD2 and say they are nothing alike!

You also have to take into account different types of DD, MIGE use servo, Fanatec use outrunner and Accuforce, Simmagic use stepper, stepper can feel a bit grainy but when powered up you don't feel it.

I would actually say that DD is closer to an old G25 obviously a lot lower strength and rattly but as it's direct cog it is closer to a DD as it freely spins.

DD is about range, reaction and detail, also DD can hold sustained torque at 100%, 2.5 cannot and peaks at torque levels which is why they can clip, honestly the difference is night and day, I will be interested in this CSL DD range to see if it will clip, I run my 13nm at 100% on wheel but range from 40-50% in sims strength so effectively am using around 6.5 so it will never clip, wondering if the 8nm will just cover that ceiling.
    'Racers Without Borders'
    http://rwbracing.club/
    https://www.rwbracing.club/events/
    Discord rwbracing.club/discord
    Commodore 64, 64K RAM, Tape Drive, Grundig TV. Overclocked ;-)
    The following 3 users likes this Post: MaximusN, morpwr, Zaskarspants

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    I'm glad it's out of my view now. My screen is on top of my wheel so I just about can't see it. I have no need for it in normal circumstances, so it's just a white light distracting me. Maybe there is an off option in Fanalabs, but I haven't used it since it caused the first BSOD's in years when turning my wheel off and I feel no need to use it anyway.

So I prefer the screenlessness of the CSL DD, on top of that I prefer the rest of the design and it's compactness, which sadly limits its torque but as I said before even that isn't really a big deal to me.
    Yea, ideally you would be able to turn the screen off.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 75, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec DD2, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    No, DD is not close to any belt driven wheel out there, anything with a belt involves friction which slows down reaction time and detail, yes 2.5 is the best belt driven wheel on the market and the closest you will get to a DD but it isn't one and it isn't close, DD has no belt or friction when powered off, lots of our guys have gone 2.5 to DD1/DD2 and say they are nothing alike!

You also have to take into account different types of DD, MIGE use servo, Fanatec use outrunner and Accuforce, Simmagic use stepper, stepper can feel a bit grainy but when powered up you don't feel it.

I would actually say that DD is closer to an old G25 obviously a lot lower strength and rattly but as it's direct cog it is closer to a DD as it freely spins.

DD is about range, reaction and detail, also DD can hold sustained torque at 100%, 2.5 cannot and peaks at torque levels which is why they can clip, honestly the difference is night and day, I will be interested in this CSL DD range to see if it will clip, I run my 13nm at 100% on wheel but range from 40-50% in sims strength so effectively am using around 6.5 so it will never clip, wondering if the 8nm will just cover that ceiling.
    So, everyone must be lying (ex: Fanatec/SMS) with exception of some sim racers. So, my guess GrimeyDog was lying here.
    PC Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)

Primary Fanatec: CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals w/performance kit, R300 w/CSL hub, R330 w/Xbox hub & APMs and Formula V2 w/APMs, Handbrake v.1.5, and button caps
    Secondary Wheels: T300 w/T3PA Pro (Sparco Rally and F1), T150 (2x), CSR, & GT3 RS V2 w/CSR pedals

Other wheels used in the past Logitech G25, DFGT (3x), MOMO, and Driving Force (GT3 A-Spec).

Platform
    PC
    So, everyone must be lying (ex: Fanatec/SMS) with exception of some sim racers. So, my guess GrimeyDog was lying here.
    I cant comment on the Fanatec stuff but i can tell you for 100% sure that my DD wheel feels nothing like my PC Racer did which is on the same level torque wise as the CSW. If Grimeys post is true and the DD2 isnt a big upgrade something is off. Im sure most who have switched will tell you it actually takes a week or so to settle in because at first there is so much more information its hard to process.
    Last edited by morpwr; 10-06-2021 at 22:53.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:P-1 /SIMUCUBE Ultimate / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift S/ BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    I cant comment on the Fanatec stuff but i can tell you for 100% sure that my DD wheel feels nothing like my PC Racer did which is on the same level torque wise as the CSW. If Grimeys post is true and the DD2 isnt a big upgrade something is off. Im sure most who have switched will tell you it actually takes a week or so to settle in because at first there is so much more information its hard to process.
    I went from a T300 to a CSW 2.5 and the difference was substantial. The T300 base is probably not even 35% of the CSW 2.5. The last few firmware updates did some changes to the base and 400 was a good change.
    Last edited by GTsimms; 11-06-2021 at 01:57.

Platform
    PC
    I went from a T300 to a CSW 2.5 and the difference was substantial. The T300 base is probably not even 35% of the CSW 2.5. The last few firmware updates did some changes to the base and 400 was a good change.
    I went from the Fanatec Porsche GT2 to CSWv2 and wasn't totally impressed initially! It honestly felt similar but maybe cleaner....i think i hyped myself massively for a huge leap after all my reading. I think if i went backwards i would have noticed instantly though.

I think going to a DD may do the same as my GT2 to CSWv2 felt so i try to not read or watch to much so to not have a big hype and one day when i just have a cool grand or two to blow on something i already have a working version of, i will be very happy

It would be different if i didnt already have a very functioning base, i would make it priority number one even giving up food to get it
    GPU:Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC/CPU:Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/Cooler:Noctua NH-u14s/Mobo:Asrock z170 Extreme4/RAM:16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/PSU: CM V750/Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/Case:Storm Enforcer/OS:Win 10/Display: AOC 27G2 144Hz Triples /Rig:GT Ultimate-Zero Flex Mods/Wheel:Fanatec CSW v2/McLaren V2 rim/CS Universal Hub - 320mm Momo rim/Shifter:CSS SQ1.5/Pedals:Clubsport/ Steam:2ndLastJedi
    The following user likes this Post: morpwr