Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Fanatec CSL DD

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bporion View Post
    i only got the new DD because my 8 year old 2.0 needed to retire . but if i had a 2.5 i would not have upgraded .
    What did you upgrade to? Ive never heard anyone say that when switching to a DD before.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:P-1 /SIMUCUBE Ultimate / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift S/ BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    What did you upgrade to? Ive never heard anyone say that when switching to a DD before.
    i have a 8 year old 2.0 and so i got the new DD to replace it , but from what i hear if you have a 2.5 they say you should not update to the new DD our you dont realy have too , because the differences between the two are not like going from a 2.0 to the new DD . i hope i am explaning it the right way ?
    Last edited by bporion; 10-06-2021 at 00:09.
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ 49" Samsung C49RG90 \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 whit Simhub \ ButtKicker Simulation Kit \ SRS Shakekit Plus \ SRS tac and fan mod \ Logitech Z906 THX 5.1 \ DOFreality P2 \ Fanatec V2 \ Clubsport Shifter SQ \ Clubsport Formula Carbon \ BMW GT2 Wheel \ Clubsport F1 2018 Limited Edition \ Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals\ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift S and Touch System . Logitech G533 Wireless gaming headset .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    The CSWv2.5 says

"It feels almost like a DD wheel"
    Attachment 284683
    and
    "This wheel base is as close to a real car as you can get"
    Attachment 284684
    So why do i need a DD haha
    https://fanatec.com/au-en/racing-whe...heel-base-v2.5
    During WMD2, I asked AJ Weber about the DD wheels and how close was the CSW 2.5 to a DD. AJ said the CSW 2.5 was very close to a DD wheel. There are videos online, where people have the CSW 2.5 and a DD1/2, who say the main difference is only the torque. The force feedback details are not much of an upgrade.

One video

Last edited by GTsimms; 10-06-2021 at 03:21.
    PC Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    Monitor LG 29" Ultrawide 2560x1080
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)

Primary Fanatec: CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals w/performance kit, R300 w/CSL hub, R330 w/Xbox hub & APMs and Formula V2 w/APMs, Handbrake v.1.5, and button caps
    Secondary Wheels: T300 w/T3PA Pro (Sparco Rally and F1), T150 (2x), CSR, & GT3 RS V2 w/CSR pedals

Other wheels used in the past Logitech G25, DFGT (3x), MOMO, and Driving Force (GT3 A-Spec).
    The following 3 users likes this Post: BigDad, bporion, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bporion View Post
    i have a 8 year old 2.0 and so i got the new DD to replace it , but from what i hear if you have a 2.5 they say you should not update to the new DD our you dont realy have too , because the differences between the two are not like going from a 2.0 to the new DD . i hope i am explaning it the right way ?
    There are also videos saying CSWv2 to v2.5 is minimal and definitely not worth the side grade. There are others who spent the money upgrading from V2 to v2.5 and say it was massive (personally I think they are trying to justify the spend, lol) so I feel going from a v2.5 to DD would be pretty much the same as going from V2 to DD.
    If I had infinite money for sure I would get a DD but first I would get a new PC (hopefully that infinte money thing come true in the coming months, I have a plan
    GPU:Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC/CPU:Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/Cooler:Noctua NH-u14s/Mobo:Asrock z170 Extreme4/RAM:16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/PSU: CM V750/Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/Case:Storm Enforcer/OS:Win 10/Display: AOC 27G2 144Hz Triples /Rig:GT Ultimate-Zero Flex Mods/Wheel:Fanatec CSW v2/McLaren V2 rim/CS Universal Hub - 320mm Momo rim/Shifter:CSS SQ1.5/Pedals:Clubsport/ Steam:2ndLastJedi

Platform
    PC
    Yeah if money wasn’t an issue here, I would buy a DD2 and a motion rig and and and etc plus a bigger house to be able to place all the equipment. I’m not complaining because I live in the Netherlands in one of the most wealthy countries of the world. But a man have to have dreams
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

The Netherlands, close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    To each their own, but the step from CSW 2.5 to DD1 was 1) a no brainer and 2) worth every single penny. One thing to note is I bought it before the price hike. One of the things I didn't like is the DRI(ft) setting. The perfect setting is somewhere between -2 and -1. And it's going to sound weird but I never got the self alighning torque(which DRI influences) feeling right and at times felt my T500 was better at that. I was also quicker on that even though the pedals are not V3 level(by far although I have a custom brake mod which helps a lot). The DD1 is the first wheel that is better on all accounts than the T500, with the CSW v2.5 I felt some things were equal or even a tad worse. Most was(way) better though. Hard to explain.

And it's certainly not a torque thing because I ran my DD1 at 50% or even lower at times. So I'm pretty sure I could be pretty happy with the CSL DD 8Nm version. In fact if I were to want better pedals and I wouldn't mind losing the Fanatec compatibility with Forza for instance(that last thing is a no go IMHO) and strapped for cash, I'd have no problem trading some Nm's for Heusinkvelds in a straight swap(so a DD1 to CSL downgrade and a V3 to H'veld upgrade). It's just that I don't want any chance of losing magnificent compatibility. I compatibility were assured I'd have bought Heusinkvelds blind already.
    Last edited by MaximusN; 10-06-2021 at 07:00.
    "What we tweeted was a factual description of events. No need to speculate on this"
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, 3090 iChill x4, 3900X, Samsung 49" G9/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

/// MaximusDoriftus(Steam)

Platform
    PC
    I've been watching a few videos by Boosted Media that have shared a few insights comparing the CSL DD to other wheels. Apparently, the M10 feels a little 'grainier' than the Fanatec DD wheels (including CSL DD) which can break immersion at first, but he quickly forgets about it after a couple of laps. To a lesser extent, the same is true comparing the CSL-DD to the stronger DD wheels he has (DD1, DD2, Simucube), but again it's quickly forgotten after some laps). One thing he prefers about the CSL-DD is its size, which allows monitors to be closer to the wheelbase (and himself).

I wonder if Fanatec are thinking about producing an inbetween ClubSport DD wheel with ~12nm.

MB Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390 // CPU Intel i9 9900K // RAM Corsair Vengeance RGP Pro 32GB DDR4 @3200MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia 1080 Ti // M.2 NVME SSD Samsung 960 EVO 2TB // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x62 280mm AIO // Case Fractal Design Define R6 Type C // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 //
    The following 2 users likes this Post: GTsimms, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 View Post
    I've been watching a few videos by Boosted Media that have shared a few insights comparing the CSL DD to other wheels. Apparently, the M10 feels a little 'grainier' than the Fanatec DD wheels (including CSL DD) which can break immersion at first, but he quickly forgets about it after a couple of laps. To a lesser extent, the same is true comparing the CSL-DD to the stronger DD wheels he has (DD1, DD2, Simucube), but again it's quickly forgotten after some laps). One thing he prefers about the CSL-DD is its size, which allows monitors to be closer to the wheelbase (and himself).

I wonder if Fanatec are thinking about producing an inbetween ClubSport DD wheel with ~12nm.
    I really like the size of the CSLDD.
    Thomas already said they are replacing their whole line up with DD so I think it's inevitable a CSWDD is coming.
    GPU:Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC/CPU:Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/Cooler:Noctua NH-u14s/Mobo:Asrock z170 Extreme4/RAM:16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/PSU: CM V750/Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/Case:Storm Enforcer/OS:Win 10/Display: AOC 27G2 144Hz Triples /Rig:GT Ultimate-Zero Flex Mods/Wheel:Fanatec CSW v2/McLaren V2 rim/CS Universal Hub - 320mm Momo rim/Shifter:CSS SQ1.5/Pedals:Clubsport/ Steam:2ndLastJedi

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    To each their own, but the step from CSW 2.5 to DD1 was 1) a no brainer and 2) worth every single penny. One thing to note is I bought it before the price hike. One of the things I didn't like is the DRI(ft) setting. The perfect setting is somewhere between -2 and -1. And it's going to sound weird but I never got the self alighning torque(which DRI influences) feeling right and at times felt my T500 was better at that. I was also quicker on that even though the pedals are not V3 level(by far although I have a custom brake mod which helps a lot). The DD1 is the first wheel that is better on all accounts than the T500, with the CSW v2.5 I felt some things were equal or even a tad worse. Most was(way) better though. Hard to explain.

And it's certainly not a torque thing because I ran my DD1 at 50% or even lower at times. So I'm pretty sure I could be pretty happy with the CSL DD 8Nm version. In fact if I were to want better pedals and I wouldn't mind losing the Fanatec compatibility with Forza for instance(that last thing is a no go IMHO) and strapped for cash, I'd have no problem trading some Nm's for Heusinkvelds in a straight swap(so a DD1 to CSL downgrade and a V3 to H'veld upgrade). It's just that I don't want any chance of losing magnificent compatibility. I compatibility were assured I'd have bought Heusinkvelds blind already.
    I have DRI off with my CSW 2.5 on PC2 and PC3. They must have done something with the updates. Any positive or negative starts to make the base feel weird.

I am thinking like Ryzza5. I am wondering about a ClubSport DD. Whatever they come out with, I am looking for PC/PlayStation compatibility. But, I have that covered atm with Drivehub's support for the CSW 2.5.
    PC Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    Monitor LG 29" Ultrawide 2560x1080
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)

Primary Fanatec: CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals w/performance kit, R300 w/CSL hub, R330 w/Xbox hub & APMs and Formula V2 w/APMs, Handbrake v.1.5, and button caps
    Secondary Wheels: T300 w/T3PA Pro (Sparco Rally and F1), T150 (2x), CSR, & GT3 RS V2 w/CSR pedals

Other wheels used in the past Logitech G25, DFGT (3x), MOMO, and Driving Force (GT3 A-Spec).

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 View Post

I agree, I think there will be a csw dd with a longer motor to give 12 to 15 NM and maybe an oled display like dd1/2.
    Ryzen9 5900x, rtx3090, reverb G2, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec DD2, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com