Thread: Correcting oversteer

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Correcting oversteer

I just got a wheel (G29) so I'm in the process of getting up to speed with it, playing on PS4. I feel I'm almost as good as I was with the gamepad for the most part now, but I feel I could correct oversteer better with a gamepad still. I find with the wheel that the best course of action I have is when traction breaks is to countersteer to a certain angle, go off the throttle and wait for the tyres to bite before driving off. Sometimes this feels like it takes ages and I lose all momentum. If I try to countersteer more to the point that the lightness of the wheel ends I generally over correct and fishtail. So are there any tricks that I'm missing? Any settings worth adjusting?

Platform
    PC
    Try to point the front tires in the direction the car is actually going (as apposed to where you were trying to go before the loss of traction) long enough to get the rear tires back in line. (Mostly in line at least)

Lifting off the trottle helps regain traction on most cars, but there are some cars with the motor behind the driver (or just twitchy setups) where lifting suddenly will make a slide even worse. (Older 911's for example)
    Steam name: z1nonly YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Z1NONLY/featured Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/z1nonly172
    5800X / RTX 3080 FE / 32gb DDR4 @3600 C15 / HP Reverb Pro / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
    Try to point the front tires in the direction the car is actually going (as apposed to where you were trying to go before the loss of traction) long enough to get the rear tires back in line. (Mostly in line at least)

Lifting off the trottle helps regain traction on most cars, but there are some cars with the motor behind the driver (or just twitchy setups) where lifting suddenly will make a slide even worse. (Older 911's for example)
    Thanks for the reply. Mostly what you describe is what I believe I'm already doing. I think there is a point that I need to be more comfortable using the throttle and brake to balance the car and since trying that I feel I've been a bit more stable. I've been driving the F40 which does naturally preference oversteer.