Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 132

Thread: pC3 performance is heavy

  1. #61
    Lead Moderator Konan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    15,594
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    You are allowed to do anything you want, you can belittle anyone you want, you can ridicule anyone you want if you so wish, of course you are allowed to. But I asked you if you think that this was nice of you.
    BTW, where was i belittling or ridiculing?
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

    DIY rig walk-through :

    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough

  2. #62
    GT3 Pilot
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4,692
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    We mods are still allowed to have our own opinion...
    It's not because you stopped being offensive over here that it justifies you continuing somewhere else (oh yes, i know)
    Now i can't judge you for what you say somewhere else, but your past is what made me "like" that post... You saying your opinion hasn't changed justifies me in defending that action.
    Have I ever ridiculed or belittled you? Have I ever badmouthed you? Here or anywhere else? Yes, I do not like at all the ways of some of SMS people (and have the best of opinions for some other SMS people), I also hated how PCARS2 was left in the state it was left and I am very open about it, but I never tried to insult you. And that is because personally you and a couple other mods (unlike some people and some other mods) had always been treating people with respect, no matter the differences on opinions, so I also have respect for you. Unfortunately this seems to have changed lately, but yeah, I know, you are allowed to do what you want, I understand.


    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    BTW, where was i belittling or ridiculing?
    To use your own words, "liking" a post that is belittling/ridiculing someone, is as if you're also doing it yourself.

  3. #63
    Lead Moderator Konan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    15,594
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    Wow, that is the most hilariously hypocritical post I've ever seen.
    You constantly try to ridicule one game that you haven't even played while claiming another using the same engine is the Holy Grail. Rieza have shown SMS how their own engine should be utilised.. really?
    OK, and where is the ridiculing and belittling part in there then?

    you and a couple other mods (unlike some people and some other mods) had always been treating people with respect, no matter the differences on opinions,
    This has nothing to do with opinions though, in order to have an opinion, you first need the knowledge about the subject you state said opinion on... Some of your opinions are impossible to state without experience...
    The respect from me you lost by stating you wouldn't mind the game to fail so badly that SMS was forced to change directions. That was a real low blow...
    Last edited by Konan; 08-05-2021 at 13:32.
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

    DIY rig walk-through :

    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following user likes this Post: GTsimms


  4. #64
    GT3 Pilot
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4,692
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    OK, and where is the ridiculing and belittling part in there then?
    OK, so if you're fine with "hilariously hypocritical" (and I assume you'd be fine if that would be addressed to you or to SMS as well?) and you "like" it on top, then there's nothing more to discuss I guess.

  5. #65
    Lead Moderator Konan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    15,594
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    OK, so if you're fine with "hilariously hypocritical" (and I assume you'd be fine if that would be addressed to you or to SMS as well?) and you "like" it on top, then there's nothing more to discuss I guess.
    What's there to discuss?
    You were indeed being hilariously hypocritical... I wouldn't have chosen those words but that doesn't make them less truthful.
    You criticise someone for bashing on a game you think is the Godsent to Sim racing, while you are guilty of the same...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

    DIY rig walk-through :

    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough

  6. #66
    GT3 Pilot
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4,692
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    This has nothing to do with opinions though, in order to have an opinion, you first need the knowledge about the subject you state said opinion on... Some of your opinions are impossible to state without experience...
    What opinions am I stating without experience? When I talk about something I have no hands on experience I do say it as a disclaimer, I did say above that I have not driven a monster car IRL and my opinion on the comparison with the sim behavior is based on intuition, common sense and what I've seen in real life footage, but of course I accept I can be wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    The respect from me you lost by stating you wouldn't mind the game to fail so badly that SMS was forced to change directions. That was a real low blow...
    So I lost your respect because I was being totally honest here, without offending anyone personally though. Fair enough, but still, I did not say a single bad thing about you personally. You did.

  7. #67
    WMD Member cluck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Posts
    5,809
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
    I agree that sims should use reality as the reference point rather than other sims.

    However, sims lack critical feedback (compared to reality) and they need to find ways to compensate for what's missing so as to "fool" the person in the sim. After talking with some of my friends at the track, I'm starting to think that different drivers rely on various stimuli to varying degrees when driving at the limit in real life. We are all trying to accomplish the same thing, but we are not processing the same variables, the same way, from one driver to the next. This creates a challenge for sim developers when they try to present limited data to us in a way that will fool us into thinking we are driving real cars at the limit.

    I think different drivers process the same "data" differently. In real life, we all get the full "data set" so differences in mental processing are less important. Although differences still show up. For instance, my wife is uncharacteristically *awesome* when racing in the rain. Either something "clicks" for her or, I suspect, rain causes "noise" in the "available grip" variable and my wife's processing system probably doesn't rely as heavily on that variable as most other drivers...so it doesnt slow her down as much as most drivers.

    To avoid making this post take a whole page: Sims are trying to simulate what real driving *feels* like, and I don't think everyone feels the same stuff..the same way..in real life.

    Creating a sim that keeps car capabilities in-line with their real life counterparts is important, but the hardest part is probably connecting our brains to the simulated reality in a convincing manner.

    *edit* was typing while other posts were being made...
    Couldn't have worded it better myself.

    Personally, I haven't 'clicked' with pCARS3 yet not because of performance or anything else, but because the myriad of in-game clues that pCARS1 and 2 provided created a cohesive 'whole' for MY senses that worked to recreate what I 'felt' to be realistic in the most part - as in, the closest I've experienced to my real-life experience. Somebody trying to tell me that my experiences and senses are incorrect is on a hiding to nothing.

    (I know this is continuing to take the thread off-topic, my apologies)


    EDIT: For what it's worth, I'm not 'enjoying' the driving experience in AMS2 or ACC, nor pCARS3 (yet). They are all perfectly functional but I don't feel like any of them are all that natural to me, and me alone. I can drive them, I just don't enjoy doing so.
    Last edited by cluck; 08-05-2021 at 13:49.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // NVidia 3060ti FE GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Corsair RM850i 850W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Twinz, Zaskarspants


  8. #68
    Lead Moderator Konan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    15,594
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    So I lost your respect because I was being totally honest here, without offending anyone personally though
    No, you decided to offend an entire dev team instead...

    , I did not say a single bad thing about you personally. You did.
    I was only stating facts upon questions you asked....

    This has gone far enough now, could we please get back on topic?
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

    DIY rig walk-through :

    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough

  9. #69
    Lead Moderator Konan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    15,594
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    (I know this is continuing to take the thread off-topic, my apologies)
    As if... Lmao
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

    DIY rig walk-through :

    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following user likes this Post: GTsimms


  10. #70
    GT3 Pilot
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4,692
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    What's there to discuss?
    You were indeed being hilariously hypocritical... I wouldn't have chosen those words but that doesn't make them less truthful.
    You criticise someone for bashing on a game you think is the Godsent to Sim racing, while you are guilty of the same...
    Nice, nice, very nice of you again. Imagine I used those same words for you, would you be fine with that, too? Something tells me I would had just become history here the moment I pressed Send... Anyway, I will just answer this one for the last time and be done with it, since I see there's no point arguing, you will never just accept that you made a mistake and move on.

    No, I never said AMS2 is godsent to sim racing, at least not yet. I literally said that some months ago it had a lot of problems, and now it is a lot better (yeah, A LOT better than PCARS2), but still needs a lot of work in a lot of areas, and I specifically mentioned the braking issue in some cars. On the other hand, yes, I think that with the determination of the Reiza guys, AMS2 has the potential to become an absolutely brilliant sim, the best of them all, because of the amazing foundation it has (SMS' work on the Madness engine) and the work they put themselves on to improve everything. I am also very fond of their attitude, their honesty, the respect they show to everyone, that they do admit their mistakes and the problems that still exist.
    The following user likes this Post: morpwr


Similar Threads

  1. Computer Performance vs Car Performance
    By belaki in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-02-2019, 23:51
  2. Cars performance stats VS actual in-game cars performance
    By TORAZ55 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25-09-2017, 22:43
  3. Real performance vs Balanced performance
    By Javaniceday in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13-07-2017, 15:57
  4. DFGT ffb too heavy
    By mieteg in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-11-2015, 21:57
  5. Car tuning heavy for CPU/GPU?
    By Solodan in forum PS4 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-08-2015, 09:03

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •