Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 132

Thread: pC3 performance is heavy

  1. #101
    Lead Moderator Konan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    15,713
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I don't fully agree that you were trying to get this thread back on topic until PostBox981 pulled you up on it.
    Really?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210511_081512_com.android.chrome.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	153.5 KB 
ID:	284527

    I "brought you into it" because it was your post accusing me of derailing the thread
    It wasn't even about derailling the thread, that happens all the time everywhere. I was talking about who started the hostility...

    Besides, look who's derailling his own thread now?
    I'm done going back and forth, get back onto topic or i'll close it. I'm available in PM for further discussion should you need to...
    Last edited by Konan; 11-05-2021 at 06:25.
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

    DIY rig walk-through :

    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough

  2. #102
    GT3 Pilot BigDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Lakeside QR
    Posts
    3,882
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    I think they call those groups, echo chambers
    Added smile to imply the ujoke I intended....no hostility was intended and I can't help people being soft
    GPU:Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC/CPU:Intel 10600k @ 5.0GHz/Cooler:Noctua NH-u14s/Mobo:Gigabyte z590 UD/RAM:16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/PSU: CM V750/Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/Case:Storm Enforcer/OS:Win 10/Display: AOC 27G2 144Hz Triples /Rig:GT Ultimate-Zero Flex Mods/Wheel:Fanatec CSW v2/McLaren V2 rim/CS Universal Hub - 320mm Momo rim/Shifter:CSS SQ1.5/Pedals:Clubsport/ Steam:2ndLastJedi

  3. #103
    Lead Moderator Konan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    15,713
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    Added smile to imply the ujoke I intended....no hostility was intended and I can't help people being soft
    It's not a joke if you've been accused of that numerous times before...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

    DIY rig walk-through :

    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough

  4. #104
    WMD Member GTsimms's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,732
    Platform
    PC
    FYI, Mahjik is not in the "echo chamber" and he has track experience. His thoughts are here. Mahjik probably has YouTube videos somewhere.

    BreakerOhio has extensive track experience which he's not impressed either atm. He wants to play it.

    Just to make sure that you get things straight. I was not bashing AMS2, it was clearly put in a response. I want the game to be better. I want to support Reiza as they are using the Madness Engine. But, the game in it's current state is still a no go for me and on the DLC.

    Let's resolve this matter and if needed through pm's?
    PC Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    Samsung Odyssey G5 27"
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)

    Primary Fanatec: CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals w/performance kit, R300 w/CSL hub & QR1, McLaren GT3 w/QR1, R330 w/Xbox hub & APMs and Formula V2 w/APMs, Handbrake v.1.5, ClubSport Shifter 1.5 and button caps
    Secondary Wheels: T300 w/T3PA Pro (Sparco Rally and F1), T150 (2x), CSR, & GT3 RS V2 w/CSR pedals

    Other wheels used in the past Logitech G25, DFGT (3x), MOMO, and Driving Force (GT3 A-Spec).

  5. #105
    GT3 Pilot BigDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Lakeside QR
    Posts
    3,882
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GTsimms View Post
    FYI, Mahjik is not in the "echo chamber" and he has track experience. His thoughts are here. Mahjik probably has YouTube videos somewhere.

    BreakerOhio has extensive track experience which he's not impressed either atm. He wants to play it.

    Just to make sure that you get things straight. I was not bashing AMS2, it was clearly put in a response. I want the game to be better. I want to support Reiza as they are using the Madness Engine. But, the game in it's current state is still a no go for me and on the DLC.

    Let's resolve this matter and if needed through pm's?
    Good job at turning back on topic.....

    I don't think any other forum apart from Racedepartment has this much negative sentiment towards AMS2.....strange really considering there is much similarities.

    I wonder who will be the first to help me with my performance issues from 100 posts back?
    GPU:Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC/CPU:Intel 10600k @ 5.0GHz/Cooler:Noctua NH-u14s/Mobo:Gigabyte z590 UD/RAM:16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/PSU: CM V750/Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/Case:Storm Enforcer/OS:Win 10/Display: AOC 27G2 144Hz Triples /Rig:GT Ultimate-Zero Flex Mods/Wheel:Fanatec CSW v2/McLaren V2 rim/CS Universal Hub - 320mm Momo rim/Shifter:CSS SQ1.5/Pedals:Clubsport/ Steam:2ndLastJedi

  6. #106
    WMD Member MaximusN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands, close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Posts
    2,886
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    Good job at turning back on topic.....

    I don't think any other forum apart from Racedepartment has this much negative sentiment towards AMS2.....strange really considering there is much similarities.

    I wonder who will be the first to help me with my performance issues from 100 posts back?
    I thought my performance was pretty decent on my 1080Ti. I all but finished the career mode on it. I ran on 4k( OLED) so that's a little more pixels than you. It was a bit harder on hardware than PC2 but nothing jarring. I was not expecting the 3 year old beast to run ultra anyway(in ACC I also had to turn down a lot, and it's older). What did help though is that the TV supports Variable Refresh Rate, so no tearing, but still good latency even though the framerate isn't that high.

    Also tried it in VR and thought it was made for that. IMHO too many options and buttons don't work in an ever changing car cockpit, because finding a specific button on your box or even wheel is distracting. Because the virtual version will never match your real setup(unless you have a cockpit that's built around that one car). Therefor it's one of the most immersive racing/driving(but not Motorsport* per se) experiences I ever had. You almost forget you are in VR because there's nothing reminding you there is a real world that's slightly different(/mad ). F.i. the wiper, light or starter buttons not matching up is not a problem, because it's handled for you. But one big downside is you can't even control brake balance from the car which is IMHO mandatory.

    *=I'm starting to realise more and more I don't gel well with simracers because even though I thought(and still think) I like simracing, others seem to think simracing is only pure motorsports simulation. But that's only one very specific form of simulation. I am as far as refusing to calling myself a simracer any more and am more and more distancing myself from discussion on that subject, unless it's about physics(/immersion). It's the one thing I care about and couldn't care less if someone else thinks a certain(set of) feature(s) is 'arcade'. I therefor am very reluctant to sign up for any commnunity or forum that's mostly people who beat their chests for being simracers, because it will take every cell in my body not to get banned there.
    Last edited by MaximusN; 11-05-2021 at 09:10.
    "What we tweeted was a factual description of events. No need to speculate on this"
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, 3090 iChill x4, 3900X, Samsung 49" G9/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

    /// MaximusDoriftus(Steam)
    The following 4 users likes this Post: BigDad, cluck, Konan, PostBox981


  7. #107
    GT3 Pilot Olijke Poffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,693
    Platform
    PC
    I never was and never will be a “ simracer” I enjoy the racing even against stupid AI. For me it is just a way of come to rest after day of work. I sit on my race seat, in front of the triple screens and hit the pedal to the metal. Drive a few hours against the AI and empty my head. I love it. No hassle with setups etc. Just for a few simple race I like Pcars 3. Although I can’t use my triples. Still have fun with it.
    But....
    I love Pcars 2. Still the sim to go for in my case. I know I’m one of the few who thinks it is a great game.
    But I like AC, RRR and AMS2 as well. Lol..

    Happy racing.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following 6 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, Konan, MaximusN, morpwr, PostBox981, Tank621


  8. #108
    GT3 Pilot BigDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Lakeside QR
    Posts
    3,882
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    I thought my performance was pretty decent on my 1080Ti. I all but finished the career mode on it. I ran on 4k( OLED) so that's a little more pixels than you. It was a bit harder on hardware than PC2 but nothing jarring. I was not expecting the 3 year old beast to run ultra anyway(in ACC I also had to turn down a lot, and it's older). What did help though is that the TV supports Variable Refresh Rate, so no tearing, but still good latency even though the framerate isn't that high.

    Also tried it in VR and thought it was made for that. IMHO too many options and buttons don't work in an ever changing car cockpit, because finding a specific button on your box or even wheel is distracting. Because the virtual version will never match your real setup(unless you have a cockpit that's built around that one car). Therefor it's one of the most immersive racing/driving(but not Motorsport* per se) experiences I ever had. You almost forget you are in VR because there's nothing reminding you there is a real world that's slightly different(/mad ). F.i. the wiper, light or starter buttons not matching up is not a problem, because it's handled for you. But one big downside is you can't even control brake balance from the car which is IMHO mandatory.

    *=I'm starting to realise more and more I don't gel well with simracers because even though I thought(and still think) I like simracing, others seem to think simracing is only pure motorsports simulation. But that's only one very specific form of simulation. I am as far as refusing to calling myself a simracer any more and am more and more distancing myself from discussion on that subject, unless it's about physics(/immersion). It's the one thing I care about and couldn't care less if someone else thinks a certain(set of) feature(s) is 'arcade'. I therefor am very reluctant to sign up for any commnunity or forum that's mostly people who beat their chests for being simracers, because it will take every cell in my body not to get banned there.
    I wasn't expecting to play at Ultra, i don't play any sim at ultra in triples, my rig cant handle that and i wasn't expecting to. What i didnt expect was to run all settings at low and still get stutters from a sim running the same graphic engine as 2 other titles i can run well with high settings that look better and get a much smoother and better looking experience!
    Hence why i made this thread hoping someone would have a secret setting somewhere in a file or something to help with performance.

    I certainly didnt want or anticipate a sh!t storm to come on from a pretty innocents thread!!

    I sit in a rig, a sim racing rig, playing sim racing titles, therefore i am a sim racer
    GPU:Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC/CPU:Intel 10600k @ 5.0GHz/Cooler:Noctua NH-u14s/Mobo:Gigabyte z590 UD/RAM:16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/PSU: CM V750/Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/Case:Storm Enforcer/OS:Win 10/Display: AOC 27G2 144Hz Triples /Rig:GT Ultimate-Zero Flex Mods/Wheel:Fanatec CSW v2/McLaren V2 rim/CS Universal Hub - 320mm Momo rim/Shifter:CSS SQ1.5/Pedals:Clubsport/ Steam:2ndLastJedi

  9. #109
    WMD Member Sankyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    8,416
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    I wasn't expecting to play at Ultra, i don't play any sim at ultra in triples, my rig cant handle that and i wasn't expecting to. What i didnt expect was to run all settings at low and still get stutters from a sim running the same graphic engine as 2 other titles i can run well with high settings that look better and get a much smoother and better looking experience!
    Hence why i made this thread hoping someone would have a secret setting somewhere in a file or something to help with performance.

    I certainly didnt want or anticipate a sh!t storm to come on from a pretty innocents thread!!

    I sit in a rig, a sim racing rig, playing sim racing titles, therefore i am a sim racer
    Does it run much better on one screen, or only marginally better?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1 for games - RME ADI-2 DAC FS + Hifiman Ananda for music | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen Iiyama ProLite E2607WS 1920 x 1200 |

    With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

  10. #110
    GT3 Pilot BigDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Lakeside QR
    Posts
    3,882
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    Does it run much better on one screen, or only marginally better?
    I didnt try, i imagine it would because it is GPU limited on the 3. I don't want to play on a single so i wont bother trying, i reinstalled pC2 just to check and remember and it runs beautifully with all high settings, MSAA medium and a few NVCP tweaks for AA. Solid 60fps and looks really nice.
    GPU:Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC/CPU:Intel 10600k @ 5.0GHz/Cooler:Noctua NH-u14s/Mobo:Gigabyte z590 UD/RAM:16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/PSU: CM V750/Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/Case:Storm Enforcer/OS:Win 10/Display: AOC 27G2 144Hz Triples /Rig:GT Ultimate-Zero Flex Mods/Wheel:Fanatec CSW v2/McLaren V2 rim/CS Universal Hub - 320mm Momo rim/Shifter:CSS SQ1.5/Pedals:Clubsport/ Steam:2ndLastJedi

Similar Threads

  1. Computer Performance vs Car Performance
    By belaki in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-02-2019, 00:51
  2. Cars performance stats VS actual in-game cars performance
    By TORAZ55 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25-09-2017, 22:43
  3. Real performance vs Balanced performance
    By Javaniceday in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13-07-2017, 15:57
  4. DFGT ffb too heavy
    By mieteg in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-11-2015, 22:57
  5. Car tuning heavy for CPU/GPU?
    By Solodan in forum PS4 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-08-2015, 09:03

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •