Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: pC3 performance is heavy

Platform
    PC
    I run PC3 with triples. My system is not new and not as beefy as BigDad's. I won't say I'm getting super high framerates, but I am getting studder-less gameplay.

Yes, PC3 is heavier on system requirements than PC2. Why? We at the consumer level don't know, but it was mentioned the lighting engine was re-written for PC3 so it's likely the changes that happened in that space.

Why did the lighting engine need to be re-written? We at the consumer side of things, don't know. It doesn't really matter what the answer really is as we have what we have.. Whether it was a good decision to do or not, doesn't really matter as it doesn't change what we have today.

Some Steam folks have had success with the following:

Code:
    Nvidia control panel -> Low latency mode -> ULTRA
    I don't know if it's a Windows 10 thing or not as my Windows 8.1 box already had this set. It's possible I had tweaked it long ago but it's not something I remember tweaking. Anyway, worth a shot if your system is not already set this way.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 4 users likes this Post: GTsimms, John Hargreaves, Konan, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    Does it run much better on one screen, or only marginally better?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    I didnt try, i imagine it would because it is GPU limited on the 3. I don't want to play on a single so i wont bother trying, i reinstalled pC2 just to check and remember and it runs beautifully with all high settings, MSAA medium and a few NVCP tweaks for AA. Solid 60fps and looks really nice.
    I treid. It runs waaaaay better on a single screen. I can turn almost everything to the max beside the super sampling. That one is set to low. Anything higher and the frame rates drops almost below subzero
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    Does it run much better on one screen, or only marginally better?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    I run PC3 with triples. My system is not new and not as beefy as BigDad's. I won't say I'm getting super high framerates, but I am getting studder-less gameplay.

Yes, PC3 is heavier on system requirements than PC2. Why? We at the consumer level don't know, but it was mentioned the lighting engine was re-written for PC3 so it's likely the changes that happened in that space.

Why did the lighting engine need to be re-written? We at the consumer side of things, don't know. It doesn't really matter what the answer really is as we have what we have.. Whether it was a good decision to do or not, doesn't really matter as it doesn't change what we have today.

Some Steam folks have had success with the following:

Code:
    Nvidia control panel -> Low latency mode -> ULTRA
    I don't know if it's a Windows 10 thing or not as my Windows 8.1 box already had this set. It's possible I had tweaked it long ago but it's not something I remember tweaking. Anyway, worth a shot if your system is not already set this way.
    Will try this as well. What is your screen resolution? And settings? I’m very curious because I can’t play with triple screens as the frame rate is really to low to my liking.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    Will try this as well. What is your screen resolution? And settings? I’m very curious because I can’t play with triple screens as the frame rate is really to low to my liking.
    I don't know if you have signatures enabled, but my resolution is there. You are pushing a lot more pixels than I am: 5040x1050
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    I don't know if you have signatures enabled, but my resolution is there. You are pushing a lot more pixels than I am: 5040x1050
    Lol, didn’t noticed indeed. My fault.
    Yeah my pixel count is indeed a lot higher. No problem with Pcars2, AMS2 and RaceRoom. Pcars3 needs a better GPU to display 11.059.200 pixels. I can understand that your system does not has problems with 5.929.000 pixels.
    The following user likes this Post: BigDad

Platform
    PC
    I would also wager that I have a lower threshold for performance than most. As long as things aren't crawling and it's stable framerates, I'm typically fine even if it is not 100 fps.

If the sense of speed is still there, I'm usually fine with it and I don't run fps counters to make me sad. Rarely does checking your fps make you happy.

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    I have to do it with 60fps as my screens are meant to be desktop screens. No gaming monitors. 60hz is all I get.
    More than fine for me by the way. The only big problem for me is, framedrops I really see them as hiccups.
    Other than that it is fine and although I’m really a GFX guy, I have no problems to lower settings. I even played PCars2 in VR for several hours and boy I loved it despite the low res.
    But Pcars3 needs a lot of GPU power. And when you’re used to race in 1440p with cristal clear GFX, then it is a bit of a let down when you have to drop to 1080p with low GFx settings when I want to use my triple setup.
    So I play Pcars3 on a single screen with all settings max, except the SS.

Platform
    PC
    I'm fine with 60 fps on low settings if it is smooth and I can run some AA to remove jaggie's. pC3 has a poor AA solution, even worse than pC2 but the real issue is the frame drops. Because of this unsmooth frametime I have uninstalled pC3 and I'm fine with that. Unlike Bull Shark, I am not happy to go back to single screen for this title.
    As has been said many times, we live in a great time for Sim racing (even though some dont want to be Sim racers) and we have many other great options that I don't feel I need to sacrifice 2 screens for this one.
    If SMS can optimise better for triples I will have another go, until then I will try pC2 again....I must say I enjoyed the 935 around LongBeach last night.
    GPU:Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC/CPU:Intel 10600k @ 5.0GHz/Cooler:Noctua NH-u14s/Mobo:Gigabyte z590 UD/RAM:16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/PSU: CM V750/Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/Case:Storm Enforcer/OS:Win 10/Display: AOC 27G2 144Hz Triples /Rig:GT Ultimate-Zero Flex Mods/Wheel:Fanatec CSW v2/McLaren V2 rim/CS Universal Hub - 320mm Momo rim/Shifter:CSS SQ1.5/Pedals:Clubsport/ Steam:2ndLastJedi
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    For just having fun I’m fine with a single screen. That said I do love my triple screens and indeed, after playing a few hours on a single screen it is a enormous joy to fire up one of the 3 sims I play with triple screens. So much more FOV and immersion.
    Sorry to hear Pcars3 is not for you, it will not my number one sim by far as well but nevertheless I have a great time with the game and that is all what counts for me. All in all that is what we’re looking for, at least I do. Just having a great time after a long day of working. Jump in a car on a track somewhere on this wold and have a great time.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: BigDad, John Hargreaves

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    I didnt try, i imagine it would because it is GPU limited on the 3. I don't want to play on a single so i wont bother trying, i reinstalled pC2 just to check and remember and it runs beautifully with all high settings, MSAA medium and a few NVCP tweaks for AA. Solid 60fps and looks really nice.
    I wasn't suggesting to go back to a single screen, but trying to find out whether the performance difference seems to scale with the resolution, or that triples perform much worse based on just the number of pixels. You're saying that it's not so much low framerates, but inconsistent frame rates. That could indicate that there is a threshold (e.g. in resolution) above which frame drops start occurring, meaning that there is some bottleneck, either in the game or in your config.

Wondering whether @Olijke Poffer also experiences frame drops running triples, or that it's 'just' low frame rates?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1 for games - RME ADI-2 DAC FS + Hifiman Ananda for music | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen Iiyama ProLite E2607WS 1920 x 1200 |

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think