Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: pC3 performance is heavy

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    I have to wait untill this weekend. Tomorrow that is. But will definitely test it. I really hope to be able to play it on triples but if that is a no go then a single screen it will be. Iíve played always on a single screen before I got my triple setup so I know you can have a lot of fun on a single screen as well. I must not complain. A whole lot of users do not have the luxury I have. A feel almost ashamed with all my toys in my man cave and in the kitchen as well. So sorry, no complaints from me anymore. Just be happy with what you have.
    Letís race.....
    You don't have to complain but you can ask if more can be done to get as much performance as possible. I'm not sure why pC3 is tougher to run than pC2 while looking a bit worse. So far I can say it feels better imo but that shouldn't make it harder to run.
    GPU:Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC/CPU:Intel 10600k @ 5.0GHz/Cooler:Noctua NH-u14s/Mobo:Gigabyte z590 UD/RAM:16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/PSU: CM V750/Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/Case:Storm Enforcer/OS:Win 10/Display: AOC 27G2 144Hz Triples /Rig:GT Ultimate-Zero Flex Mods/Wheel:Fanatec CSW v2/McLaren V2 rim/CS Universal Hub - 320mm Momo rim/Shifter:CSS SQ1.5/Pedals:Clubsport/ Steam:2ndLastJedi
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    You don't have to complain but you can ask if more can be done to get as much performance as possible. I'm not sure why pC3 is tougher to run than pC2 while looking a bit worse. So far I can say it feels better imo but that shouldn't make it harder to run.
    It does have some optimization issues in areas. I am not sure, if it's the new lighting engine.

I don't have triples. But, I can play either way single 2560x1080 or VR.
    PC Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    Samsung Odyssey G5 27"
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)

Primary Fanatec: CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals w/performance kit, R300 w/CSL hub & QR1, McLaren GT3 w/QR1, R330 w/Xbox hub & APMs and Formula V2 w/APMs, Handbrake v.1.5, ClubSport Shifter 1.5 and button caps
    Secondary Wheels: T300 w/T3PA Pro (Sparco Rally and F1), T150 (2x), CSR, & GT3 RS V2 w/CSR pedals

Other wheels used in the past Logitech G25, DFGT (3x), MOMO, and Driving Force (GT3 A-Spec).

Platform
    PC
    I will try it in 2560*1440
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    PC
    I would try running below native resolution if the settings allow for it. It will be blurry, but it should play more smoothly.

Or try running it on a single monitor?
    Steam name: z1nonly YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Z1NONLY/featured Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/z1nonly172
    5800X / RTX 3080 FE / 32gb DDR4 @3600 C15 / HP Reverb Pro / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
    I would try running below native resolution if the settings allow for it. It will be blurry, but it should play more smoothly.

Or try running it on a single monitor?
    As said, I’ll try it on a single screen. And no not below native res. That does not look ok for me. My system can handle Farley high settings, even in triple 1440p. Non native res is a no go for me.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    PC
    My system can handle Farley high settings, even in triple 1440p.
    Not in pC3 unless somehow your 1-0-80ti runs faster than mine.
    GPU:Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC/CPU:Intel 10600k @ 5.0GHz/Cooler:Noctua NH-u14s/Mobo:Gigabyte z590 UD/RAM:16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/PSU: CM V750/Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/Case:Storm Enforcer/OS:Win 10/Display: AOC 27G2 144Hz Triples /Rig:GT Ultimate-Zero Flex Mods/Wheel:Fanatec CSW v2/McLaren V2 rim/CS Universal Hub - 320mm Momo rim/Shifter:CSS SQ1.5/Pedals:Clubsport/ Steam:2ndLastJedi

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    Not in pC3 unless somehow your 1-0-80ti runs faster than mine.
    No I know, that was not a reply on you.

ACC is a no go in 1440p triple as well.
    The following user likes this Post: BigDad

Platform
    PC
    Just drove some races on a few tracks, of course Zandvoort, Sugo and my 2nd favourite track after Zandvoort is Oulton park.
    Triples is a no go. So I decided to try it on a single screen. Well that is no problem at all. High settings and a smooth experience.
    25 cars on track is no problem. I did not tried night and rain as I don’t like to drive in the night and with rain.

1 strange problem I noticed. I have set the game to single screen but the FOV is totally lost it’s way. I have the Bonet cam selected and the nose of the cars looks like I drive in a bizarre long vehicle. I have to use the known CTRL + K option and then I have to press the 5 on the numpad to reset the view. And this every time I start a new race and I have to do this with all the different cams.
    Anybody an idea?

I tried to race with the head cam view but racing on a single screen with the head cam is a no go for me. Way to less view space. So Bonet or roof cam will do for me.

As said, I have a great time. Although it feels more arcade than Pcars, ATM and Raceroom. The AI is very bumpy. The few cars I drove where nice and felt all different.

I hope somebody can help me fix the strange FOV problem.
    The following user likes this Post: BigDad

Platform
    PS5
    Although it feels more arcade than Pcars, ATM and Raceroom. .
    This confirms my worst fears.. sims are now only measured against other sims.. they are no longer measured against reality.

I've been speaking regularly with drivers who have a lot of track time in real life and they consider the grip and behaviour to be extremely realistic in pC3... they don't feel the same about most other sims out there.

I understand that, at the core, we are dealing with gamers.. some like the challenge of artificial difficulty and the pleasure derived from mastering each 'sim' due to it's quirks, nuances and even physics exploits, but in the end we should all be embracing very realistic tyre models when they appear.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SR2.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	284439

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SR1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	284440
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/ClubSport F1 2018 LE Rim + Podium APM/ClubSport V3 Pedals + Brake Performance Kit - PS5 Digital - Saor Alba
    The following 5 users likes this Post: BreakerOhio, GTsimms, MaximusN, Olijke Poffer, Titzon Toast

Platform
    PC
    Just drove some races on a few tracks, of course Zandvoort, Sugo and my 2nd favourite track after Zandvoort is Oulton park.
    Triples is a no go. So I decided to try it on a single screen. Well that is no problem at all. High settings and a smooth experience.
    25 cars on track is no problem. I did not tried night and rain as I don’t like to drive in the night and with rain.

1 strange problem I noticed. I have set the game to single screen but the FOV is totally lost it’s way. I have the Bonet cam selected and the nose of the cars looks like I drive in a bizarre long vehicle. I have to use the known CTRL + K option and then I have to press the 5 on the numpad to reset the view. And this every time I start a new race and I have to do this with all the different cams.
    Anybody an idea?

I tried to race with the head cam view but racing on a single screen with the head cam is a no go for me. Way to less view space. So Bonet or roof cam will do for me.

As said, I have a great time. Although it feels more arcade than Pcars, ATM and Raceroom. The AI is very bumpy. The few cars I drove where nice and felt all different.

I hope somebody can help me fix the strange FOV problem.
    Yeah, PC3 does have some issues with stability on fps.

BreakerOhio posted a video that's shared below of artificial difficulty and he has a lot of track time. Breaker and I pretty much think the same for vehicle handling. The video isn't to bash AMS2, we just really want all sims across the board to live up a little closer to reality instead of sim hard. Several of us are in a group and have come to the same conclusion about PC3 physics and it's really phenomenal.

Last edited by GTsimms; 08-05-2021 at 00:03.
    PC Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    Samsung Odyssey G5 27"
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)

Primary Fanatec: CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals w/performance kit, R300 w/CSL hub & QR1, McLaren GT3 w/QR1, R330 w/Xbox hub & APMs and Formula V2 w/APMs, Handbrake v.1.5, ClubSport Shifter 1.5 and button caps
    Secondary Wheels: T300 w/T3PA Pro (Sparco Rally and F1), T150 (2x), CSR, & GT3 RS V2 w/CSR pedals

Other wheels used in the past Logitech G25, DFGT (3x), MOMO, and Driving Force (GT3 A-Spec).
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer