Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: pC3 performance is heavy

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GTsimms View Post
    Yeah, PC3 does have some issues with stability on fps.

BreakerOhio posted a video that's shared below of artificial difficulty and he has a lot of track time. Breaker and I pretty much think the same for vehicle handling. The video isn't to bash AMS2, we just really want all sims across the board to live up a little closer to reality instead of sim hard. Several of us are in a group and have come to the same conclusion about PC3 physics and it's really phenomenal.

I think they call those groups, echo chambers
    GPU:Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC/CPU:Intel 10600k @ 5.0GHz/Cooler:Noctua NH-u14s/Mobo:Gigabyte z590 UD/RAM:16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/PSU: CM V750/Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/Case:Storm Enforcer/OS:Win 10/Display: AOC 27G2 144Hz Triples /Rig:GT Ultimate-Zero Flex Mods/Wheel:Fanatec CSW v2/McLaren V2 rim/CS Universal Hub - 320mm Momo rim/Shifter:CSS SQ1.5/Pedals:Clubsport/ Steam:2ndLastJedi
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Rober, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PS5
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    I think they call those groups, echo chambers
    That sounds like you are describing the sim-handling sheep tbh.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/ClubSport F1 2018 LE Rim + Podium APM/ClubSport V3 Pedals + Brake Performance Kit - PS5 Digital - Saor Alba
    The following 3 users likes this Post: GTsimms, rich1e I, Titzon Toast

Platform
    PS5
    TBH I'm about done with this whole debate.. we have the fragile egos of 'sim racing experts' against the physics that real drivers experience. It's become nothing more than a laughable and pointless exercise in one-upmanship.

There is only one thing wrong with modern sims and that is the self-acclaimed 'experts' that have no knowledge outside of sim racing.. the whole thing has descended into nothing more than a farce.

Well done. If a sim has pace cars and full course yellows it's 'realistic'... what a joke.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/ClubSport F1 2018 LE Rim + Podium APM/ClubSport V3 Pedals + Brake Performance Kit - PS5 Digital - Saor Alba
    The following 5 users likes this Post: BreakerOhio, GTsimms, Olijke Poffer, rich1e I, Titzon Toast

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    TBH I'm about done with this whole debate.. we have the fragile egos of 'sim racing experts' against the physics that real drivers experience. It's become nothing more than a laughable and pointless exercise in one-upmanship.

There is only one thing wrong with modern sims and that is the self-acclaimed 'experts' that have no knowledge outside of sim racing.. the whole thing has descended into nothing more than a farce.

Well done. If a sim has pace cars and full course yellows it's 'realistic'... what a joke.
    It absolutely is a joke. Where sim physics are better than reality. Real driving is joke because, it's arcade. PC3 has the core Madness Engine from PC2 with improvements.

Obviously, I know the below is from PC2. PC2 still had some quirks with the tire model. But, the sim community doesn't want to listen to the guys below like Ben Collins at (5:34-7:01).

Ben Collins

Neither test driver Chris Goodwin.

or Tommy Milner

or Nic Hamilton

or Patrick Long

PC Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    Samsung Odyssey G5 27"
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)

Primary Fanatec: CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals w/performance kit, R300 w/CSL hub & QR1, McLaren GT3 w/QR1, R330 w/Xbox hub & APMs and Formula V2 w/APMs, Handbrake v.1.5, ClubSport Shifter 1.5 and button caps
    Secondary Wheels: T300 w/T3PA Pro (Sparco Rally and F1), T150 (2x), CSR, & GT3 RS V2 w/CSR pedals

Other wheels used in the past Logitech G25, DFGT (3x), MOMO, and Driving Force (GT3 A-Spec).
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Olijke Poffer, Titzon Toast

Platform
    PC

You seem to be doing exactly what you say is the problem.
    You seem to think you and your echo chamber are the only ones with any real driving / racing experience!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210508_160758.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	284442
    Last edited by BigDad; 08-05-2021 at 06:11.
    GPU:Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC/CPU:Intel 10600k @ 5.0GHz/Cooler:Noctua NH-u14s/Mobo:Gigabyte z590 UD/RAM:16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/PSU: CM V750/Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/Case:Storm Enforcer/OS:Win 10/Display: AOC 27G2 144Hz Triples /Rig:GT Ultimate-Zero Flex Mods/Wheel:Fanatec CSW v2/McLaren V2 rim/CS Universal Hub - 320mm Momo rim/Shifter:CSS SQ1.5/Pedals:Clubsport/ Steam:2ndLastJedi
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Platform
    PC
    It absolutely is a joke. Where sim physics are better than reality. Real driving is joke because, it's arcade. PC3 has the core Madness Engine from PC2 with improvements.

Obviously, I know the below is from PC2. PC2 still had some quirks with the tire model. But, the sim community doesn't want to listen to the guys below like Ben Collins at (5:34-7:01).

Ben Collins

Neither test driver Chris Goodwin.

or Tommy Milner

or Nic Hamilton

or Patrick Long

I've never heard someone getting paid big dollars talk down the product they are being payed to promote.

Don't ask the innkeeper if his wine is good.

I'm not even done with my review but the full on push to convince me that pC3 is the real deal is rather distracting.

From my 7 hours my first impression is good, it drives a lot better than pC2 but from the cars I've driven on road tyres (I do have experience with road tyres and semi slicks) feel like they have to much grip or to little slip....but as I said to you on YT, I'm not done with my review. If I was wanting to straight up bash pC3 I wouldn't bother with the discussion or testing and just say it's crap and move on...but I really want it to be great, why wouldn't I?

I also said, I don't listen to others because everyone has a bias, some it seems more so than others. I will make up my own mind from time in game, not listening to marketing
    Last edited by BigDad; 08-05-2021 at 06:03.

Platform
    PC
    This confirms my worst fears.. sims are now only measured against other sims.. they are no longer measured against reality.

I've been speaking regularly with drivers who have a lot of track time in real life and they consider the grip and behaviour to be extremely realistic in pC3... they don't feel the same about most other sims out there.

I understand that, at the core, we are dealing with gamers.. some like the challenge of artificial difficulty and the pleasure derived from mastering each 'sim' due to it's quirks, nuances and even physics exploits, but in the end we should all be embracing very realistic tyre models when they appear.

Attachment 284439

Attachment 284440
    I think you misunderstood my post. I really like PC3. The cars are great. They drive and feel great, to me better than every racer I raced with. The only thing I said was, the race against they AI feels a bit more arcade in comparison to other racers. This is my feeling and is caused by the fact the AI is more bumpy than in other racers. That said, It could be that this behaviour is just way more real than all other racers. I simply don’t know because I never raced in a racecar on a racetrack against other humans. Perhaps the other games are just arcade and am I used to that. But Of course you gonna compare, I think this is logical.
    On my single screen the game looks very good and the sound is to my liking as well. So no complaints from my side other than what I just wrote. Again, this is my feeling and it could be that I’m totally wrong.

BreakerOhio posted a video that's shared below of artificial difficulty and he has a lot of track time. Breaker and I pretty much think the same for vehicle handling. The video isn't to bash AMS2, we just really want all sims across the board to live up a little closer to reality instead of sim hard. Several of us are in a group and have come to the same conclusion about PC3 physics and it's really phenomenal.

Yeah as said above, I really really had some awesome hours with this game. I got a big smile on my face. This was totally different than at the time I played it with the release of the game. I’m glad I bought it again despite I can’t use my triple screen setup.
    Last edited by Olijke Poffer; 08-05-2021 at 06:38.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Ignoring the fact that he tried to make a tight corner in the beginning at 130 km/h which I assume is not a very realistic expectation, this video does showcase the one thing in AMS2 physics that I am not totally convinced about, heavy breaking with some cars which tends to rotate them a lot (although most of them do not have this behavior). Now I admit I have not stomped the brakes from high speed in real life in such a monster car to know from first hand how it should behave, but my intuition expects more stability in a road car even under heavy braking and turning at the same time. You could argue though that the car is setup for racing, so it has its brake bias shifted to the rear to make it turn more easily, in the expense of making it more tricky to drive. In any case, bringing the brake bias a couple clicks to the front totally eliminates this effect and makes the car an absolute joy to drive in AMS2, also under braking. I will also post a video if you like.
    The following user likes this Post: BigDad

Platform
    PC
    I don't drive a real car, and have never been near a track but I much prefer pc2.

I can't compare pc3 to any other Sims except pc2/1 as i am on Xbox and other Sims are compromised or unavailable on consoles. I am certainly not a SIM elitist and I was looking forward to pc3 but I just didn't like it so much.

I think pc3 is a good game but for me it feels a bit too planted and predictable, a bit soggy. The core handling is fine for a game that aims to be less challenging to drive is and much better than other more accessible games but it doesn't give me that feeling of involvement and excitement that pc2 gives me. There are also, for me anyway, some deal breaker omissions in the UI, such as no world movement slider.

We should all be glad that there are a range of driving experiences in modern games and be relaxed that different people find their kick in different games and it would help the whole SIM community to accept this.

The best game is the one you enjoy the most but opinions may vary and that should be fine.
    Ryzen9 5900x, rtx3090, reverb G2, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec DD2, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

Platform
    PC
    Tried drifting the S15 in pC3.....that was unsuccessful