Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: pC3 performance is heavy

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GTsimms View Post
    BreakerOhio posted a video that's shared below of artificial difficulty and he has a lot of track time. Breaker and I pretty much think the same for vehicle handling. The video isn't to bash AMS2, we just really want all sims across the board to live up a little closer to reality instead of sim hard. Several of us are in a group and have come to the same conclusion about PC3 physics and it's really phenomenal.

So, I do not have track time myself, but I did not find the car in AMS2 that difficult to handle, it kind of reminded me of the Mercedes AMG road car in PCARS2. I did make some obvious mistakes, but it was such a joy to drive it! Although obviously I did not try making tight corners at 150 km/h or stomping the gas pedal while in full steering lock... Setup is default, with brake bias brought 3 clicks to the front for more stability under heavy braking.

Platform
    PC
    If, you don't have track time or extensive road experience. Please leave your sim experience opinions out of the matter.

BigDad lacks drift experience. So, I realize that his opinion about drifting is really nonsense. The conversation continuously revolves into a discussion of really saying screw realistic physics. We want sim physics which equals better than reality.

Not only screaming the game is arcade because of x isn't in the game. Just because x isn't in the game doesn't make it arcade. Please show me the list (not your opinion) that says, if x isn't in the game it's arcade. It's your opinion, please show me the real facts. Please show me real tires vs sim tire grip limits. I think, that you would start to understand how close PC3 is vs reality and not vs x sim.
    Last edited by GTsimms; 08-05-2021 at 11:29.
    PC Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    Samsung Odyssey G5 27"
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)

Primary Fanatec: CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals w/performance kit, R300 w/CSL hub & QR1, McLaren GT3 w/QR1, R330 w/Xbox hub & APMs and Formula V2 w/APMs, Handbrake v.1.5, ClubSport Shifter 1.5 and button caps
    Secondary Wheels: T300 w/T3PA Pro (Sparco Rally and F1), T150 (2x), CSR, & GT3 RS V2 w/CSR pedals

Other wheels used in the past Logitech G25, DFGT (3x), MOMO, and Driving Force (GT3 A-Spec).

Platform
    PS5
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    You seem to be doing exactly what you say is the problem.
    You seem to think you and your echo chamber are the only ones with any real driving / racing experience!Attachment 284442
    Grow up.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/ClubSport F1 2018 LE Rim + Podium APM/ClubSport V3 Pedals + Brake Performance Kit - PS5 Digital - Saor Alba
    The following user likes this Post: GTsimms

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    If, you don't have track time or extensive road experience. Please leave your sim experience opinions out of the matter.

BigDad lacks drift experience. So, I realize that his opinion about drifting is really nonsense. The conversation continuously revolves into a discussion of really saying screw realistic physics. We want sim physics which equals better than reality.

Not only screaming the game is arcade because of x isn't in the game. Just because x isn't in the game doesn't make it arcade. Please show me the list (not your opinion) that says, if x isn't in the game it's arcade. It's your opinion, please show me the real facts. Please show me real tires vs sim tire grip limits. I think, that you would start to understand how close PC3 is vs reality and not vs x sim.
    I do not have track experience, I only have a few 100,000 km road driving experience, does this allow me to say my opinion? Or, when I see a video posted which IMHO just tries to ridicule a game with let's just call them questionable methods, am I allowed to post a video showing that the game is nothing like that actually?

Platform
    PS5
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    I do not have track experience, I only have a few 100,000 km road driving experience, does this allow me to say my opinion? Or, when I see a video posted which IMHO just tries to ridicule a game with let's just call them questionable methods, am I allowed to post a video showing that the game is nothing like that actually?
    Wow, that is the most hilariously hypocritical post I've ever seen.
    You constantly try to ridicule one game that you haven't even played while claiming another using the same engine is the Holy Grail. Rieza have shown SMS how their own engine should be utilised.. really?
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/ClubSport F1 2018 LE Rim + Podium APM/ClubSport V3 Pedals + Brake Performance Kit - PS5 Digital - Saor Alba
    The following 2 users likes this Post: GTsimms, Konan

Platform
    PC

BigDad lacks drift experience. .
    Really?

Also, screaming?? I have been rather calm and controlled in both my opinion and discussions with you. I am really confused by your manner, i think i mentioned arcade once in an early comment
    here post #4532

https://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...t-thread/page2

"pC3 looks pretty arcade if i was to just watch his videos, markers helping find apexes, red hit markers when hit by Ai or MP players, XP for "corner master", all arcade characteristics if you ask me.

SMS really did SEEM to try cater to arcade players, even if the driving is as good"

That is the only time i have mentioned "arcade" in this whole discussion.
    I opened this thread in the hope of finding a solution to the terrible performance in the game and it has through only the fault of you (a moderator) turning this performance thread into a my sim is better than yours topic!
    Last edited by BigDad; 08-05-2021 at 12:03.
    GPU:Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC/CPU:Intel 10600k @ 5.0GHz/Cooler:Noctua NH-u14s/Mobo:Gigabyte z590 UD/RAM:16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/PSU: CM V750/Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/Case:Storm Enforcer/OS:Win 10/Display: AOC 27G2 144Hz Triples /Rig:GT Ultimate-Zero Flex Mods/Wheel:Fanatec CSW v2/McLaren V2 rim/CS Universal Hub - 320mm Momo rim/Shifter:CSS SQ1.5/Pedals:Clubsport/ Steam:2ndLastJedi
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    Grow up.
    Agree and PC3 tires are at the optimal grip levels. But, this still doesn't make them far from cold tire behavior.

After sitting in my patrol unit on the side of the road for x amount of time. I see a speeding vehicle ex: 90 mph. I will have to be at least 30-40 mph faster to catch the vehicle in a reasonable amount of time. But, I don't get on the mic saying, can you please slow down. I must warm up my cold tires first or I need get out of this dry acting like ice sim grass prior to making a traffic stop.

If, you enjoy sim physics then go play sim physics. Some of us want our sim closer to real driving.
    PC Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    Samsung Odyssey G5 27"

Primary Fanatec: CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals w/performance kit, R300 w/CSL hub & QR1, McLaren GT3 w/QR1, R330 w/Xbox hub & APMs and Formula V2 w/APMs, Handbrake v.1.5, ClubSport Shifter 1.5 and button caps
    Secondary Wheels: T300 w/T3PA Pro (Sparco Rally and F1), T150 (2x), CSR, & GT3 RS V2 w/CSR pedals

Other wheels used in the past Logitech G25, DFGT (3x), MOMO, and Driving Force (GT3 A-Spec).

Platform
    PC
    I had to cut back my sim time as the Autocross season kicked off and my car has hit milage for a lot of maintainance stuff, (Just had clutch and spark plugs done, I'm doing the brakes myself next) but if if PC3 is under $20 on CDkeys, I may pick it up and try it out when I can get the time.
    Steam name: z1nonly YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Z1NONLY/featured Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/z1nonly172
    5800X / RTX 3080 Ti / 32gb DDR4 @3600 C15 / HP Reverb Pro / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    Really?
    You haven't drifted a real NSX and you are commenting about drifting it. At this point, I don't trust your opinion to be honest.
    Samsung Odyssey G5 27"

Platform
    PC

I don't think you should attempt to invalidate opinions based whether someone has road or track experience. As I said previously different Sims work for different people with different expectations, and what clicks for you may be different to someone else, to then say that the SIM you like in particular is the best SIM is probably a step too far and very difficult to prove when many impressions and judgements are subjective.

People should just play what they love and accept that others are doing the same and stop with the willy waving.
    Ryzen9 5900x, rtx3090, reverb G2, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec DD2, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer