Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 132

Thread: pC3 performance is heavy

  1. #71
    Lead Moderator Konan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    15,594
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    you will never just accept that you made a mistake and move on.
    In order to do that, i would have had to make a mistake in the first place...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

    DIY rig walk-through :

    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem


  2. #72
    WMD Member PostBox981's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Close to Bremen
    Posts
    2,030
    Platform
    PC
    What a great thread this is! Within a day it exploded to 8 pages.

    Though I wonīt buy PC3 anyway I came here because I was seriously interested to read BigDadīs review. As we know he isnīt much of a fan of the PC3 idea but was prepared to give it a go and seriously report back on how the cars feel (hope that does you justice BigDad). So he comes here to ask for help with the game setup and what we get is one page about graphics setup and then seven pages with bashing and moning about what is a sim and what is not, who is entitled to judge about a carīs handling and who is not and whatnot. Congratulations gentlemen, great work!

    Maybe SMS should better have created a completely new place for the PC3 forum with a new registration for new members instead of going on with this one.
    CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K | Mainboard: MSI Z590 Pro WiFi | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3200 | GPU: Palit RTX 3090 Gaming Pro | HP Reverb G2 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec DD1 Wheelbase / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

    In case youīre looking for some clean and relaxed online racing with 1+ hrs of racing time, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de
    The following 3 users likes this Post: morpwr, Olijke Poffer, Zaskarspants


  3. #73
    Lead Moderator Konan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    15,594
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Didn't he start it himself though?

    https://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...=1#post1614767
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

    DIY rig walk-through :

    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough

  4. #74
    Lead Moderator Konan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    15,594
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    True, this thread has turned into a disaster, again by comparing different games to Pc3...or vice versa.
    It seems hard to give an unbiased opinion about anything these days.
    Any game should be reviewed on its own, and not through experiences with other titles.
    There will always be defenders for one side or the other, when all that matters are the facts...
    I for one haven't mingled into that discussion, because it usually ends the same way.
    What i did do is tried to uphold the rules of this forum, as that is always my main objective, no matter what any thread is about.
    If i made mistakes, please feel free to PM me, i'm always up for discussion and criticism if it's justified.
    And if it is, i am willing to admit that i was wrong...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

    DIY rig walk-through :

    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following 3 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, PostBox981, Zaskarspants


  5. #75
    GT4 Pilot Zaskarspants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    2,248
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PostBox981 View Post
    What a great thread this is! Within a day it exploded to 8 pages.

    Though I wonīt buy PC3 anyway I came here because I was seriously interested to read BigDadīs review. As we know he isnīt much of a fan of the PC3 idea but was prepared to give it a go and seriously report back on how the cars feel (hope that does you justice BigDad). So he comes here to ask for help with the game setup and what we get is one page about graphics setup and then seven pages with bashing and moning about what is a sim and what is not, who is entitled to judge about a carīs handling and who is not and whatnot. Congratulations gentlemen, great work!

    Maybe SMS should better have created a completely new place for the PC3 forum with a new registration for new members instead of going on with this one.
    Hmmm, sorry for fanning the flames.
    Ryzen9 5900x, rtx3090, reverb G2, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec DD2, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

  6. #76
    WMD Member PostBox981's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Close to Bremen
    Posts
    2,030
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    True, this thread has turned into a disaster, again by comparing different games to Pc3...or vice versa.
    It seems hard to give an unbiased opinion about anything these days.
    Any game should be reviewed on its own, and not through experiences with other titles.
    There will always be defenders for one side or the other, when all that matters are the facts...
    I for one haven't mingled into that discussion, because it usually ends the same way.
    What i did do is tried to uphold the rules of this forum, as that is always my main objective, no matter what any thread is about.
    If i made mistakes, please feel free to PM me, i'm always up for discussion and criticism if it's justified.
    And if it is, i am willing to admit that i was wrong...
    I didnīt quote you, I didnīt blame it all on you. And that echo chamber quote... well, I had to google the meaning of that first. With the smiley behind it... I donīt know.

    Seems like nerves are on egde when it comes to a comparison between PC3 and other racing games/simulations/whateveryoucallit.
    CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K | Mainboard: MSI Z590 Pro WiFi | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3200 | GPU: Palit RTX 3090 Gaming Pro | HP Reverb G2 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec DD1 Wheelbase / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

    In case youīre looking for some clean and relaxed online racing with 1+ hrs of racing time, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, Zaskarspants


  7. #77
    Moderator GTsimms's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,706
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    True, this thread has turned into a disaster, again by comparing different games to Pc3...or vice versa.
    It seems hard to give an unbiased opinion about anything these days.
    Any game should be reviewed on its own, and not through experiences with other titles.
    There will always be defenders for one side or the other, when all that matters are the facts...
    I for one haven't mingled into that discussion, because it usually ends the same way.
    What i did do is tried to uphold the rules of this forum, as that is always my main objective, no matter what any thread is about.
    If i made mistakes, please feel free to PM me, i'm always up for discussion and criticism if it's justified.
    And if it is, i am willing to admit that i was wrong...
    Konan is correct. The number one problem is people trying to compare or make the Project CARS series feel like X-sim (ex: custom ffb file, the issue isn't fixable in the ffb file). I don't want the Project CARS Series to feel like a majority of sims. I would like for it to feel closer to a real driving experience. PC3 gives me that feeling and if people want to call it arcade. Then real driving is arcade too. I will admit that I absolutely love arcade!

    Check out the description here on BreakerOhio's video.
    PC Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    Monitor LG 29" Ultrawide 2560x1080
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)

    Primary Fanatec: CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals w/performance kit, R300 w/CSL hub, R330 w/Xbox hub & APMs and Formula V2 w/APMs, Handbrake v.1.5, and button caps
    Secondary Wheels: T300 w/T3PA Pro (Sparco Rally and F1), T150 (2x), CSR, & GT3 RS V2 w/CSR pedals

    Other wheels used in the past Logitech G25, DFGT (3x), MOMO, and Driving Force (GT3 A-Spec).

  8. #78
    GT3 Pilot Olijke Poffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,669
    Platform
    PC
    Well, just got a few hours in the game and I must say that the driving is very very joyful
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: GTsimms, Konan


  9. #79
    WMD Member John Hargreaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    3,131
    Platform
    PC
    I've got quite a few hours in PC3 on PS4 and I think it has many positive qualities. My biggest doubts about physics came from the brakes, they seem way overpowered compared to RL braking points in many cars. Going forward/general car handling was great, but stopping made me feel a bit uneasy, just didn't ring true. I was using my braking points from PC2 (which I know from standing at several corners at Donington British GT race watching for GT3 braking points and PC2 had it down to the millimetre) and I was stopping way before the corner in PC3.
    Last edited by John Hargreaves; 09-05-2021 at 18:42.
    i7-7700K/MSI RTX 3080/Win10 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

    WMD1 + WMD2 Member

  10. #80
    Moderator GTsimms's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,706
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    I've got quite a few hours in PC3 on PS4 and I think it has many positive qualities. My biggest doubts about physics came from the brakes, they seem way overpowered compared to RL braking points in many cars. Going forward/general car handling was great, but stopping made me feel a bit uneasy, just didn't ring true. I was using my braking points from PC2 (which I know from standing at several corners at Donington British GT race watching for GT3 braking points and PC2 had it down to the millimetre) and I was stopping way before the corner in PC3.
    It really depends in the vehicle which seems to be more of a factor in the lower class vehicles. That's due to the tires being at optimal temperature. If, they were to cool the lockup distance would slightly increase, but you have other factors like the daily temperature 30 F or 100+ F. I regularly have lockups in my police unit due to the ABS having a fault. But, the braking is not at the other end of the spectrum vs reality.
    PC Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    Monitor LG 29" Ultrawide 2560x1080
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)

    Primary Fanatec: CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals w/performance kit, R300 w/CSL hub, R330 w/Xbox hub & APMs and Formula V2 w/APMs, Handbrake v.1.5, and button caps
    Secondary Wheels: T300 w/T3PA Pro (Sparco Rally and F1), T150 (2x), CSR, & GT3 RS V2 w/CSR pedals

    Other wheels used in the past Logitech G25, DFGT (3x), MOMO, and Driving Force (GT3 A-Spec).
    The following 2 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, Olijke Poffer


Similar Threads

  1. Computer Performance vs Car Performance
    By belaki in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-02-2019, 23:51
  2. Cars performance stats VS actual in-game cars performance
    By TORAZ55 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25-09-2017, 22:43
  3. Real performance vs Balanced performance
    By Javaniceday in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13-07-2017, 15:57
  4. DFGT ffb too heavy
    By mieteg in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-11-2015, 21:57
  5. Car tuning heavy for CPU/GPU?
    By Solodan in forum PS4 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-08-2015, 09:03

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •