Thread: I cant save anything in PC2

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Exclamation I cant save anything in PC2

I can't save anything at Project Cars 2.
    Any options, new Driver info of career mod...
    All changes in my play are gone when I restart the game.
    I need support to fix this.

the window 10 accounts must be English, but it was already English.
    and Added Exceptions to the Windows Firewall.
    but PC2 can't save anything now.

Platform
    PC
    Be sure that Steam has been installed with Administrator rights.

Do you have your My Documents folder on another drive than your C:-drive, by any chance?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    hello,

i have the same problem, nothing can be saved. My Documents are not on the C: Drive. Can i fix the Problem without move back my documents on C: Drive?

Thanks

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Speckov View Post
    hello,

i have the same problem, nothing can be saved. My Documents are not on the C: Drive. Can i fix the Problem without move back my documents on C: Drive?

Thanks
    I'm not sure if you can. I remember people having had the same problem, not sure if they ever fixed it without moving My Documents back to the C:-drive.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Platform
    PC
    Just a note, for those using McAfee Anti-Virus; there appears to have been a recent update that has caused it to attack multiple games. If you are having recent issues and you use McAfee A/V, you may need to add some exceptions for some of your games.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Speckov View Post
    hello,

Thanks

You could try using symbolic links:
    https://www.maketecheasier.com/creat...nks-windows10/

mklink /D "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents" "<yourdocumentfolder on the other drive>(example D:\Documents)"

That way Windows doesn't know better than it is on the C drive. It goes as far as if you copy the specified documents folder on C the resulting directory is real and not a symlink, same would go for file symlinks(remove the /D and specify a file instead of a directory for that) .

After you run the command you should revert the my documents location to C for windows to see it, although.... The game might be fooled by there being a c:\<documents> available without you changing your Windows My Documents reference back to default.

Before you could have Steam libraries on multiple drives this was the way to move some games to a faster or bigger drive without Steam knowing it.

Last edited by MaximusN; 21-05-2021 at 07:53.
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, 3090 iChill x4, 3900X, Samsung 49" G9/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

/// MaximusDoriftus(Steam)