Thread: Really Lost

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Really Lost

Hello Guys

I am really hoping someone is able to help me as have got myself in a real mess.

Have a three screen simulator set up and all was working fine, the software had been set-up by the guys I bought the simulator from and everything was going great. However Microsoft put through an update and I lost all the settings top each software title. I did a restore to an earlier point and everything came back. However, the same update went through again and now cannot undo this.

I have an independent graphics card, intel processor and followed the instructions online which showed me how to use NVidea controls how to span the 3 screens. This worked, however when I went to load up Project Cars, it advised was unable to do so with an error message (Sorry cannot remember but is similar if not the same as below). So changed it back, removed the NVidea surround option and the software works but only on one screen. Spoke to a friend, he advised changing the resolution within Project Cars, which I did.

Unfortunately, now the program still fails to load, advising "Unhandled exception trapped. EXCEPTION _ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0x40dcf14a. Reading from Address 0x00000000. Thread 0x00002c90 - Build SMSARI.2016118.1246.BIDA000

I am sorry but unsure if this is the same thing, but this is happening without the screens being expanded. So now cannot get access to the software at all. Have uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing happens and advises the same thing.

Please help, I am desperate. First to get the software working again and secondly to see if I can get it working across three screens.

Many Thanks

S

Platform
    PC
    Locate your "Documents\Project CARS" folder. Under that folder, delete the graphics xml config files. Then try to launch the title.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: cluck

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hi Mahjik

That worked brilliantly!!! All I then needed to do was change the resolution and Hey-Presto she is back up and running. Thank you so much.

Now I need to figure out how I reconfigure the Fanatec Wheel and Pedals!! LOL. They worked prior to the update, just since, the whole game has forgotten everything. Should anyone be able to offer advice on this, please chip in.

S

Platform
    PC
    I think every time windows updates itself it's squeaky bum time, not knowing what will work afterwards and what won't, so you aren't alone at least.
    i7-7700K/MSI RTX 3080/Win10 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hi John

It is ridiculous!!! Really dread the little orange icon when I come to shut down.

S

Platform
    PC
    I'm guessing you might have recently joined the PC gaming ranks. If so, don't worry, most of the time, most things work these days, unlike the early days. Every now and then you get some weird things happening, but at least you have a fighting chance to sort things out with forums/internet generally. I'd say on balance the benefits far outweigh the drawbacks as you have access to some incredible experiences, not just simracing, but all sorts of stuff you can't do on console. So stick with it and treat any gremlins as a learning experience, there is always help out there.
    i7-7700K/MSI RTX 3080/Win10 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Platform
    PC
    I no longer have PC1 installed so I cannot verify this... Check in the Controller Configuration section and see if there is a "Reset to defaults" option. If so, click that and see if it will then recognize your Fanatec gear.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips