Thread: Fanatec Podium Wheel & Pedal Calibration

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Fanatec Podium Wheel & Pedal Calibration

Hi Guys

Posted about an update that lost me the ability to go across three screens, thank fully that has been solved by Mahjik (Thank you). However, Project Cars has lost all the configurations for the pedals and wheel also.

Can configure the pedals, those work fine, but the steering wheel doesn't want to play ball. Have gone through each of the configuration menus. Previously was configured using the Fanatec CSW v2 with seperate pedals (I'm using a Fanatec Podium DD1 and Fanatec 3 pedals. As stated, can get the pedals working fine but the wheel will not calibrate. Have tried editing assignments and turning the wheel doesn't assign. So then tried re-calibrating the wheel. The software does not seem to be seeing the wheel. It sees the button pushes etc. So can calibrate "look behind" to a button etc. However, when recalibrating, tells me to turn the wheel and nothing seems to happen.

Any ideas? Am I using the wrong product within the menu to configure the type of wheel I have?

Thanks for any help.

S

The Netherlands, close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoStu666 View Post
    Hi Guys

Posted about an update that lost me the ability to go across three screens, thank fully that has been solved by Mahjik (Thank you). However, Project Cars has lost all the configurations for the pedals and wheel also.

Can configure the pedals, those work fine, but the steering wheel doesn't want to play ball. Have gone through each of the configuration menus. Previously was configured using the Fanatec CSW v2 with seperate pedals (I'm using a Fanatec Podium DD1 and Fanatec 3 pedals. As stated, can get the pedals working fine but the wheel will not calibrate. Have tried editing assignments and turning the wheel doesn't assign. So then tried re-calibrating the wheel. The software does not seem to be seeing the wheel. It sees the button pushes etc. So can calibrate "look behind" to a button etc. However, when recalibrating, tells me to turn the wheel and nothing seems to happen.

Any ideas? Am I using the wrong product within the menu to configure the type of wheel I have?

Thanks for any help.

S
    Are you using the custom wheel profile? I used to put my DD1 into CSW v2.5 compatibility mode using the standard CSW 2.5v profile and that worked for all inputs, but it would lose shifter input after a few weeks/months(the real CSW v2.5 I had before has that problem too). After a few times I used the custom wheel profile(and set it in default DD1 mode!) and never had a problem since.

You do have to set ALL assignments(using edit assingments) you want to use on the wheel though, including the steering axis, before you calibrate. Or else it doesn't know what axis to listen for for the calibration to work.
    "What we tweeted was a factual description of events. No need to speculate on this"
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, 3090 iChill x4, 3900X, Samsung 49" G9/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

/// MaximusDoriftus(Steam)

The Netherlands, close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    As a funny side note Assetto Corsa(or maybe rather Content Manager) did a pretty similar(or maybe even worse) thing yesterday. It started mixing up device ID's, so my steering axles, h-shifter 'buttons' and everything else wheel related where mapped to my Arduino button box and vice versa. Luckily I could load my old saved profile, although I think I have to remap some things because I changed some things after I saved it.

Never had similar problems with my T500 or even G25(although that has the(fixable) driver update problem), I think it's down to Fanatec presenting the wheel as 2 controllers(to be able to support all the buttons and axis' I think).
    "What we tweeted was a factual description of events. No need to speculate on this"
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, 3090 iChill x4, 3900X, Samsung 49" G9/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

/// MaximusDoriftus(Steam)