Thread: Thrustmaster SF1000 wheel. Anyone got it working?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Thrustmaster SF1000 wheel. Anyone got it working?

Hi,

Has anyone gotten the new Thrustmaster SF1000 rim to work with PC2?

Cheers

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by lonelyRacer View Post
    Hi,

Has anyone gotten the new Thrustmaster SF1000 rim to work with PC2?

Cheers
    What is not functioning for you?
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    What is not functioning for you?
    My base is TS-PC Racer, wheel is the new SF1000.

I understand the game doesn't recognize the new rim, but as it is based on TS-PC Racer, the same button assignments should work (e.g. 9 for ok/enter, 5 for cancel/back), but they don't. And looking at the UDP Telemetry output, the game reports the buttons correctly.

I can do custom wheel, but still cannot assign:
    - Ok -button, no button works, and no way to assign it in the controls/settings
    - Cancel/back button, no button works, and no way to assign it in the controls/settings
    - The dpad (up/down/left/right) don't work in the menus (and these too cannot be assigned in the controls)

If there is a way to assign the Ok/Cancel + the up/down/left/right to work on the menus, this would solve most of the isssues I am having. I prefer to not use keyboard or mouse to move around the menus.

I have added to my Telemetry Tool way to show the game data on the rim's screen base data from my Tool's supported games (including PC2), so it would be nice, if I could use the new rim hassle free with PC2 too.

Cheers

Platform
    PC
    You cannot manually assign menu controls in PC2. If the manufacturer changes how those work between rims, unfortunately you just lose the ability to use the device for the menu navigation.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    You cannot manually assign menu controls in PC2. If the manufacturer changes how those work between rims, unfortunately you just lose the ability to use the device for the menu navigation.
    Yeah, but I think this time the issue is on PC2's side.

Here is my wild guess that the rim reports itself as something like "Thrustmaster advanced steeringwheel" or similar. Now PC2 gets this identification name and doesn't allow the use of TS-PC Racer bindings, as it thinks it is something else, thus the buttons don't get recognized even though they report the same numerical values. (This is clear from the Telemetry button data, as the buttons are reconized and enumerated like with the open wheel TS-PC Racer rim). Some other games also recognize the rim with the name mentioned earlier as an "unknown rim" and ask you to re-assign the buttons (even when the old TS-PC Racer button assignment would have been ok).

Well, PC2 is already bit old and I only play it occasionally these days, so I am ok with the menus not working from the rim.

Platform
    PC
    The same thing happens with other Thrustmaster/Fanatec rims. It uses what the "steering base" is and tries to automatically map the menu controls based on the default wheel. When you switch rims, all bets are off if you will be able to have menu control.

It would have been nice to configure menu controls manually in the menus.

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

The Netherlands, close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC

It would have been nice to configure menu controls manually in the menus.
    Yes, and then you would be able to turn them off too, there is no way now. I hate wheel/pedal menu control, because it always seems to catch you off guard.
    "What we tweeted was a factual description of events. No need to speculate on this"
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, 3090 iChill x4, 3900X, Samsung 49" G9/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

/// MaximusDoriftus(Steam)