Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accelerator pedal no response

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Accelerator pedal no response

Just installed the game. Using Logitech g29 wheel & pedals. Had for awhile, all working Ok on other games.
    When starting out the accelerator is dead. Does nothing.
    Car starts out in 1st gear. Only reason it is moving the area of the track is down hill. If it starts rolling backwards brakes work OK.
    Donít see any settings in game that relate to pedal settings.
    Logitech settings appear OK.
    Are there settings I missed?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Found the problem. The clutch pedal is being used for gas. It works.
    Can’t find any way to swap them around.
    Didn’t notice because I was in auto mode.
    Pedals work properly on other games.
    Sorry if this shows up as double post.
    Don’t see it showing up.

if you have the peddles set to combined, try putting them to separate..

Otherwise, there are loads of suggestions for fixes https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pr...ed+as+throttle

Ryzen R7 3800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite - 16Gig DDR4 (Ballistix Elite 3600) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 860 250G SSD, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec CSL Elite + Formula V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Pro (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. Ryzen R5 3600X - Asus Prime X570-P - 32G DDR4 (Crucial Ballistix 3200) - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

YouTube channel - My attempt at a PC2 Career - a work in progress! - Trying other other racing content

Platform
    PC
    Inside PC2, in the Controller Configuration, go into "EDIT ASSIGNMENTS". You can manually change which input does what...
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks for the reply. Have changed combined/separate settings in game and Logitech software a few times, no difference.
    Have been searching online and have seen many issues of this. Looks like it has been going on for YEARS.
    Lots of different things mentioned but nothing seems to work.
    The closest that makes sense is in settings “edit assignments “ but it only shows for joy stick buttons. Don’t see how to get to other settings.
    Also lots of people talking about messing with the registry but that is not something I am going to mess with.
    Actually sounds like a pretty simple thing to fix in either game or Logitech settings reassign pedals but nothing there.
    Still working on it.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Tried that. Only thing that shows up is for joy stick buttons. Don’t see any way to add or change anything else.
    Am I missing something when in that menu?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Erts View Post
    Tried that. Only thing that shows up is for joy stick buttons. Don’t see any way to add or change anything else.
    Am I missing something when in that menu?
    When you go into the EDIT ASSIGNMENTS screen, you will see on the left the controls. On the right of the control, it will show it's current mapping. Simply mouse-click on the control name, and it will ask what you would like to map the control to..

i.e. Mouse-click on "Throttle". When the screen changes, press the pedal you want to assign to throttle. Repeat for clutch.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    When you go into the EDIT ASSIGNMENTS screen, you will see on the left the controls. On the right of the control, it will show it's current mapping. Simply mouse-click on the control name, and it will ask what you would like to map the control to..

i.e. Mouse-click on "Throttle". When the screen changes, press the pedal you want to assign to throttle. Repeat for clutch.
    Responded to your last post and it doesn’t show up. Looked like it went somewhere.
    Any way, did the edit assignment and when I click on anything it goes to dark screen and says to please select input but I see now way to do it. Have done this several times.
    Was trying again and had to leave for awhile and shut everything off. Got back and tried again. Same thing.
    Went to pedal setup again (have done all this 15-20 times). This time when I stepped on the gas it moved!
    No freaking idea why. Been doing the same things.
    Any way, gas pedal is working properly for now.
    Once I was able to drive I discover more issues.
    Start out up shifting. When I down shift it goes into neutral and won’t shift at all until you come to a complete stop.
    Also how do you get into reverse? Gears only show N & numbers.
    Brake pedal doesn’t do it.
    Last edited by Erts; 12-06-2021 at 00:27.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    This thing is driving me nuts. Simple things that should work don’t and then for no apparent reason they start working.
    Gas & clutch reversed checked everything many times, no difference and then all of a sudden it works. I did nothing.
    Could not go into reverse. (I’m aware you hold the brake pedal).
    Tried 5 or six vehicles throughout the day wouldn’t work.
    This morning started it up again and now they work holding brake.
    The shifting issue, down shift and it goes into neutral and not being able to shift until you stop, also has gone away. I did nothing.
    At this time everything appears to be working and I’m actually able to drive.
    Thanks for all the assistance.

Platform
    PC
    There was a problem/bug with some Logitech software, reported in other threads as well. It may have updated automatically to solve the issue.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1 for games - RME ADI-2 DAC FS + Hifiman Ananda for music | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen Iiyama ProLite E2607WS 1920 x 1200 |

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think