Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H shifter

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

H shifter

hey how do I get the H-Shifter to work in cars that have that, i have G920 so I'm using the wheel shifter but I'm driving the G86.

Platform
    PC
    Are you saying that using the H-pattern shifter does not shift the gears?

If so, have you verified the controls are mapped to the gears in the EDIT ASSIGNMENTS page?
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Right, and I have the Assignments mapped out, I just went back in and made sure and out on the track no dice with the H-Shifter, it works on other sims I have on steam.

Platform
    PC
    Just to be clear, you manually remapped the gears and it took all the inputs?
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Yep, I clicked on the 1st gear and shifter up to 1st position and the screen goes back to edit screen I repeat to I get to reverse gear. so what I end up doing is I re-mapped the steering wheel shift up and shift down, to 3rd and 4th on my Logitech H-shifter, I was racing the 1972 908 and its sequential so I just make that work and that is working.. like I said the shifter is working in ACC, AM2, and RR3.

Platform
    PC
    You cannot have the H-pattern shifter act as both sequential and non-sequential. It's either/or in the Madness Engine.

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

The Netherlands, close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    You cannot have the H-pattern shifter act as both sequential and non-sequential. It's either/or in the Madness Engine.
    ....Unless you have something like the Fanatec SQ v1.5. Probably wouldn't work in USB mode, only wheel connected through a Fanatec wheel.

If you set it to sequential(with you have the specific checkbox in the Fanatec control panel selected). With the switch on the shifter the up down shift button reported is the same as the up/down paddle.
    "What we tweeted was a factual description of events. No need to speculate on this"
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, 3090 iChill x4, 3900X, Samsung 49" G9/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

/// MaximusDoriftus(Steam)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    ....Unless you have something like the Fanatec SQ v1.5. Probably wouldn't work in USB mode, only wheel connected through a Fanatec wheel.

If you set it to sequential(with you have the specific checkbox in the Fanatec control panel selected). With the switch on the shifter the up down shift button reported is the same as the up/down paddle.
    This would only work if Sequential Up/Down has different internal button assignments than 3rd & 4th (or whatever two gates are used). If they are the same internal button assignment, then it still won't work. "Joy Button X" and "Joy Button Y" cannot be assigned to two different functions in the Madness Engine so the switch on the controller would have to have one set be "Joy Button X" and "Joy Button Y" and the other set something like "Joy Button A" and "Joy Button B".

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

The Netherlands, close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    This would only work if Sequential Up/Down has different internal button assignments than 3rd & 4th (or whatever two gates are used). If they are the same internal button assignment, then it still won't work. "Joy Button X" and "Joy Button Y" cannot be assigned to two different functions in the Madness Engine so the switch on the controller would have to have one set be "Joy Button X" and "Joy Button Y" and the other set something like "Joy Button A" and "Joy Button B".
    That's exactly what sequential mode does in a SQ v 1.5(use another set of (virtual) buttons for up/down, not corresponding with 1,2,3 etc). Would be pretty useless if it didn't IMHO. Same goes for a Thrustmaster TH8 by the way(I own one of those too).
    "What we tweeted was a factual description of events. No need to speculate on this"
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, 3090 iChill x4, 3900X, Samsung 49" G9/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

/// MaximusDoriftus(Steam)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    That's exactly what sequential mode does in a SQ v 1.5(use another set of (virtual) buttons for up/down, not corresponding with 1,2,3 etc). Would be pretty useless if it didn't IMHO. Same goes for a Thrustmaster TH8 by the way(I own one of those too).
    If if does that, it would work. I've only used ACT Labs in that configuration and it never altered the virtual buttons. I would wager Logitech does not do that.

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips