Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Official Indycar Game

Trying to fire up a practice session on Nords the other week, I managed to go and have something to eat, watched the BBC lunchtime news and made a coffee and it was still only about half way through starting the session.. killed and restarted rF2 and the second time it "only" took a few minutes.

Seems like it was creating the dynamic cache in \UserData\Log\Shaders .. but it was creating loads of little temp files and almost looked like it was stuck in a bit of a loop? Almost feels like Horizon Zero Dawn building it's shader cache every time you had a driver update (damn was that annoying), till they patched out the stupidity.

Ryzen R7 3800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite - 16Gig DDR4 (Ballistix Elite 3600) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 860 250G SSD, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec CSL Elite + Formula V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Pro (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. Ryzen R5 3600X - Asus Prime X570-P - 32G DDR4 (Crucial Ballistix 3200) - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

YouTube channel - My attempt at a PC2 Career - a work in progress! - Trying other other racing content
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Platform
    PC
    I did a little back to back comparison the other day, Porsche RSR at the Nordschleife rF2 vs AMS2. From Steam launch to sitting in the car starting the lap was just north of five minutes in rF2, in AMS2 I was on track in just over a minute, and was half way round the lap in the same period of time as rF2 got me to the start line.
    i7-7700K/MSI RTX 3080/Win10 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 2 users likes this Post: FS7, Mad Al

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    I did a little back to back comparison the other day, Porsche RSR at the Nordschleife rF2 vs AMS2. From Steam launch to sitting in the car starting the lap was just north of five minutes in rF2, in AMS2 I was on track in just over a minute, and was half way round the lap in the same period of time as rF2 got me to the start line.
    Size of all Nordschleife files in rF2 ~ 3 gb, in AMS2 - ~ 600 mb plus some common resources. And I think AMS2 (and PCx) has a better decompression algorithm. But it is not important. If all graphics (models, textures, etc.) are made on UE4, the MAS files will no longer be used. The UE collects all resources into its PAK format. And I hope it will be done differently than in ACC - everything in one 12 gb file. As a result, even a small update leads to the fact that this archive is unpacked and then re-packed. I do not have enough disk space (yes, this is my "disease"), I have to delete the game and download it again Very well done in Ride4 and MotoGP - using "chunks", small files with specific bikes, etc.

p.s. Also, inside s397's MAS files you find another one MAS file with same name that cannot be extract (encrypted?)
    Last edited by BorisK; 16-07-2021 at 16:45.
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    I don't remember the exact timings but in my case AMS2 on a HDD loads faster than rF2 on a SSD.
    Last edited by FS7; 16-07-2021 at 17:46.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, MaximusN

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    People with an irresistible craving for gambling say that even after a string of losses, they still return to the card table or slot machine to experience vivid emotions. Guys, did you feel something like that playing these slots https://gryhazardowe.biz/automaty-hazardowe/? Share your experience with us. Thank you all in advance.
    Last edited by DrucillaCorker; 15-09-2021 at 08:02.