Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Grid game announced... Speculate away!

Platform
    PC
    If I've seen a bunch of press using a Steam Deck does that mean it's already materialized?

Does anyone think a year is long enough for SMS to have had any noticeable impact on this Codies title (whether or not they were asked is another question entirely)? Obviously no full swap to madness engine, but who knows if we'll see any familiar names in the Credits screen. Come to think of it, that's probably the first thing one of us lot will probably do before reporting back here, haha.

I think Codies present their games really well, even better than the pCARS series. It's just the asphalt physics that have never really hit that sweet spot for me. A drifty muscle car I can tolerate, but I tried driving touring cars in Grid 2019 both with a wheel and gamepad and couldn't enjoy it. So I'm a little hopeful that (with respect to Codies physics devs) perhaps Casey + co were able to assist in tweaking things a little.

MB Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390 // CPU Intel i9 9900K // RAM Corsair Vengeance RGP Pro 32GB DDR4 @3200MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia 1080 Ti // M.2 NVME SSD Samsung 960 EVO 2TB // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x62 280mm AIO // Case Fractal Design Define R6 Type C // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 //

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 View Post
    If I've seen a bunch of press using a Steam Deck does that mean it's already materialized?
    Steam Deck has been delayed to Feb 2022.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Platform
    PC
    When Steam Deck eventually appears, I think these kind of racing titles will be really well suited to it, in fact that was one of the reasons why I put my deposit down. I remember playing Gran Turismo on the PSP and it worked really well, just having the physical buttons seems to make it much more satisfying than playing on say a mobile phone where you touch the screen to control the car.
    I looked in my Steam library and saw loads of older titles that I don't play so much these days, but I think will get played on the Steam Deck and have a new lease of life. I picked up Dirt 4 and Grid 2019 in the sales, and I think the slightly more simple handling will be perfect for handheld. I bet the F1 20XX titles translate well too, they are always well suited to gamepad.
    Of course it will be cool to see Project CARS on the tiny screen too, not to mention umpteen fps games that I've bought on sale and never played fully.
    i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Platform
    PC
    I do wonder how much processing power the Deck will have... For instance, *IF* this new Grid title uses the Madness engine, regardless of how many aids they add into it, it will still be heavily processing the physics behind the scenes. I wonder if the Deck will be able to run it at acceptable levels.

For me, I plan to use the Deck for non-racing titles (accept arcade racers like Horizon Chase). I have been using Steam Remote to stream enabled titles to an old Android tablet. My main PC is setup for my sim racing and sitting in a sim rig is not that comfortable (for me) to play non-sim racing titles. I would rather sit on the couch to play those, plus it keeps me in the room with the misses while she watches Hallmark Christmas shows...
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 4 users likes this Post: cluck, John Hargreaves, Konan, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Watched some of the video..... It was about what I expected...

I will say, I felt like I was watching PC3 during the Renault video section. Not saying it's a good or bad thing, but it could be possible they are using some SMS assets (and/or engine).

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Big reveal coming up:

Just watched the preview, always exciting when a new title releases. So long as we can turn off the 'exciting' bits and enjoy the boring business of racing good cars then I'm in. Definitely one to wait for reviews for me though.
    i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Olijke Poffer, Robert, roddypoddy

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Cross platform,story mode,massive career,race creator,... What's not to like?

https://news.ea.com/press-releases/p...2/default.aspx
    Last edited by Konan; 08-12-2021 at 13:52.
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following 3 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, Olijke Poffer, Robert

Platform
    PC
    Cross platform,story mode,massive career,track creator,... What's not to like?

That leaf is wrong
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/tanks_photography/

Xbox: tankbuster621 Steam: Tank621 Playstation: Tankbuster621
    The following 4 users likes this Post: cluck, John Hargreaves, Konan, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Steam Deck has been delayed to Feb 2022.
    Sorry, I was going for the literal meaning of materialize (i.e. those press guys could touch and hold it), nvm.

Did anyone find the GRID external cameras a bit weird or floaty? I know it's hard to judge when you're not playing, but I did try focussing in the distance as if I was playing.

MB Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390 // CPU Intel i9 9900K // RAM Corsair Vengeance RGP Pro 32GB DDR4 @3200MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia 1080 Ti // M.2 NVME SSD Samsung 960 EVO 2TB // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x62 280mm AIO // Case Fractal Design Define R6 Type C // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 //

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Cross platform,story mode,massive career,track creator,... What's not to like?

I would love to be able to buy a house, furnish it, get married, have kids, have them follow in my footsteps, make a family racing team, and win! It wouldn't be a bad idea to also go to the bar in the evening after the race, get assignments and win in illegal street races.