Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Grid game announced... Speculate away!

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Very short cuts of gameplay in the trailer, but yeah, I do think it could very well be the Madness Engine.
    Intel i9-9900K | Asus Z390-H mobo | 32 GB 2400 MHz mem | nVidia RTX-3090 | Soundblaster ZxR | TS-PC Racer wheel | TH8A H-shifter | Valve Index | Win10 64bit | Launch parameters: -pthreads 4

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTulip View Post
    Very short cuts of gameplay in the trailer, but yeah, I do think it could very well be the Madness Engine.
    Hmm... Didn't even think of that, until now...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough

Platform
    PC
    A racing game in which you can crush opponent cars as a means of winning and fist fights between drivers?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1 for games - RME ADI-2 DAC FS + Hifiman Ananda for music | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen Iiyama ProLite E2607WS 1920 x 1200 |

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTulip View Post
    There is no shimmering in the shadows, so I very much doubt it. Grid 2019 already had fantastic rain and wet track gfx (with no time progression though), so I'd say 99% it's still the same engine used.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Olijke Poffer, TorqueyX

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    A racing game in which you can crush opponent cars as a means of winning and fist fights between drivers?
    Yes please...
    Sounds like a real sim to me lmao
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following 5 users likes this Post: GTsimms, John Hargreaves, MaximusN, MrTulip, Tank621

The Netherlands, close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Yes please...
    Sounds like a real sim to me lmao
    Wreckfest marries sim? Bring it on and have lots of babies

And then there's the prospect of it being the Madness Engine. Shut up and take my money!
    "What we tweeted was a factual description of events. No need to speculate on this"
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, 3090 iChill x4, 3900X, Samsung 49" G9/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

/// MaximusDoriftus(Steam)
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    OK, this is PURE speculation, but looking at the screenshot just posted on Twitter, I took a little zoom in and spotted a tell-tale sign of Madness Engine. My screenshotting habits die hard, I can't help but look for stuff like this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	motionblurartifact.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	154.1 KB 
ID:	284878

Motion blur through glass has been 'problematic' in the Madness Engine ever since I started looking and that, coupled with the whole lighting aesthetic of this shot just screams Madness Engine to me. I don't mind being wrong, this is just speculation on my part, but if this IS using the Madness Engine then it has the potential to be a whole heap of fun. Colour me excited

It's from this tweet by the way - https://twitter.com/Codemasters/stat...69276374519816
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // NVidia 3060ti FE GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Corsair RM850i 850W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //
    The following 4 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, MrTulip, rich1e I, TorqueyX

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I think Cluck took enough screenshots of things that are living in the Madness Engine to tell whether this could be the ME or not. I tried the demo of GRID 2019 and I must say I didn't like it. A grid game with the ME could be very interesting.
    Last edited by rich1e I; 23-07-2021 at 15:16.

Australia. Home of Mount Panorama, Bathurst
    Platform
    PS4
    Gonna keep an eye on this one.
    It has the potential to be really good. But, it could also go the other way and be not that great. I'm hoping it utilises some of SMS's tech or assets and turns out to be good. Not sure if it will be used in the actual game, or if it was just for the trailer, but i like the live action stuff they did, and use of actors to portray drivers/characters.
    Last Grid game i played was the one on PS3 that had a bug that deleted your save game progress (Autosport i think). Happened to both me and a friend of mine. I simply shelved the thing and never played it again. My friend, in his words "folded the disc in half, then folded it in half again, and placed it into the bin.."

Original/first Grid game was good, i enjoyed that.
    Last edited by Womp83; 23-07-2021 at 15:39.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Womp83 View Post

Original/first Grid game was good, i enjoyed that.
    The first GRID died for me at the moment when I passed a straight turn on the Chevrolet Lacetti at 240 kilometers per hour But GRID: Autosport is not bad for me. Surprisingly, it is still played online. Yes, and GRID 2019 is not bad, but in some places it is not clear. Judging by the screenshots, G:Ls will still be a game about motorsport, no street races etc. But the "soap opera" for me is an unnecessary waste of time and resources. It would be worth leaving that to NFS.