Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is This???

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

What is This???

Project Cars 2 was such a great game. Actually has realism. Why is anything related to Codemasters so blind and determined to turn into Need For Speed???

DiRT 5 is a joke, PC3 seems to be as well. I can't even add laps to career mode?! Everything is a 1-2 lap race designed for 12 year old kids with attention disorders.

Game developers really need to realize, not everyone is an idiot who wants a 1 lap race while they try to hype you up like you're gonna lose your virginity if you win.

And now Project Cars is another Need for Speed ripoff that sold like crap and just another good racing franchise ruined by it's own devs.

If anyone knows some way to add laps to career race maybe I'll try it again. Until then I'll be on some other race sim that takes some skill to play with real physics.
    The following user likes this Post: chieflongshin

Platform
    PC
    You can set as many laps as you want in quick race mode, but I think the career races are pre set.
    i7-7700K/MSI RTX 3080/Win10 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    FYI... Pc3 is not related to Codemasters, Bandai Namco were the publishers...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following 2 users likes this Post: EmilGlockner, John Hargreaves

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    FYI... Pc3 is not related to Codemasters, Bandai Namco were the publishers...
    Slightlymad Studios is a Code masters company.

What I want to know, when developing this... Is which person really actually thought someone would rather play this over Forza Horizon??

I'm trying for a refund but M$ is being dumb. This doesn't deserve the Project Cars name.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    SMS was made part of CM after the game was already developed.
    Check the credits when starting up the game, it clearly shows Bandai Namco as the publisher.

DIY rig walk-through :

The following user likes this Post: EmilGlockner

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    SMS was made part of CM after the game was already developed.
    Check the credits when starting up the game, it clearly shows Bandai Namco as the publisher.
    Either way. This game should have been a spinoff for mobile or something. This isn't Project Cars. This is a "win the race be loved by everybody get the girls" NFS wannabe directed towards kids...

Sorry dude I'm just so disappointed right now. I was pretty new to Project Cars 2, and fell in love with it. Saw PC3 on sale and was stoked thinking I was gonna have an upgraded PC2. NOPE. A hard NOPE.

If they wanted to go for a NFS Shift vibe they should have named it something different. Using the Project Cars name they disappointed A LLOT of people. Just look at the reviews...

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Ian said from the start that it would be a spiritual successor to Shift though...

DIY rig walk-through :

The following user likes this Post: EmilGlockner

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Well I guess with the whole "Project Cars" being in the title I assumed it was gonna be a successor to Project Cars 2. I was wrong about that...

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TomasaurusREKT View Post
    Well I guess with the whole "Project Cars" being in the title I assumed it was gonna be a successor to Project Cars 2. I was wrong about that...
    It's an understandable mistake to make and you're not the first making that comment.
    The developer however has a free choice to name it how they want, and i'm sure they had legitimate reasons to do so.
    I do understand your reasoning though...

DIY rig walk-through :

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    It's just disappointing. Lol I bought a steering wheel setup and everything after playing PC2. I'm just stuck to that I guess. Really wish she other sim(ish) games would make it to Xbox. I have a PC it's just a hassle to just hop on and play with that.
    The following user likes this Post: Konan