Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is This???

The Netherlands, close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Street cars are actually engineered to be fun sometimes. Racecars are never (or hardly ever). They can be fun, but they're made to be fast(fun isn't on the list). I enjoy streetcars more most of the time.
    "What we tweeted was a factual description of events. No need to speculate on this"
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, 3090 iChill x4, 3900X, Samsung 49" G9/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

/// MaximusDoriftus(Steam)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: eMc0B, Zinnsash

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    There is something funny in all those people who are PURE sim fans and put a lot of hate on NFS, but then they always drive GT Open/Formula/LMP/GT3 classes, that in mamy aspects feel like NFS.

Those are street cars that are most challenging and difficult and where you can actually feel the difference between cars. Once player will learn to handle poor and slow street car, he/she will own all the GT classes with ease. But then again GT classes will become sooooooo boring and NFS-like.
    The following user likes this Post: eMc0B

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinnsash View Post
    There is something funny in all those people who are PURE sim fans and put a lot of hate on NFS, but then they always drive GT Open/Formula/LMP/GT3 classes, that in mamy aspects feel like NFS.

Those are street cars that are most challenging and difficult and where you can actually feel the difference between cars. Once player will learn to handle poor and slow street car, he/she will own all the GT classes with ease. But then again GT classes will become sooooooo boring and NFS-like.
    Exactly this. I like the look of most GT3 cars, but IMHO they're just too planted to be fun, even more when you use realistic aids to your advantage. It's still a challenge to drive, but I get less fun out of it then their road counterparts. Also aided by the behavior of street tyres on and over the limit. And high downforce is fun, but I prefer a non-lift, non-df car. It gives me something to work with. I also love that you feel the loading up of the suspension on streetcars. It's the main reason(and I'm going to say something awful now) I don't really like karts. Because they miss almost any form of suspension they feel alive in another sense than you working with a car getting the best out of the suspension(it's a bit like an animal going through the motion of it's legs). It's also one reason I can't wait to see the F1 2022 cars in action. Because of the switch to 18"rims(from 13) they'll have much more suspension movement coming from the actual suspension instead of the wobbly tires.

Long story short: Faster is definitely not always more fun, more often: not. IMHO ofcourse. Although extra engine power (combined with better brakes) is mostly fine though.
    "What we tweeted was a factual description of events. No need to speculate on this"
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, 3090 iChill x4, 3900X, Samsung 49" G9/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

The following user likes this Post: eMc0B

Platform
    PC
    I'm not really a fan of road cars, after all, I play racing games to drive race cars. But I am much more of a fan of the historic stuff. There is far more enjoyment from driving old F1 cars or touring cars than there is from the latest GT3 car. Though now I think about it, that might just be because my internal monologue suddenly becomes Murray Walker when I'm driving old race cars
    Project Cars 3 Content List: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...and-Discussion
    Xbox: tankbuster621 Steam: Tank621 Playstation: Tankbuster621
    The following 5 users likes this Post: cluck, eMc0B, MaximusN, Olijke Poffer, Psychotik

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    I'm just grateful that games like the Project CARS series exist, whereby we can hoon about in road cars and race cars from 7 decades of motoring. If you get a bit bored of one thing you can have a play in something else, variety is the spice of life. That we have a wide range of circuits, combined with loads of different weather possibilities, just makes that variety almost endless. Sure, if all you want is an accurate representation of GT3 cars then maybe this series isn't the 'go to' set of sims, but that's why other sims exist, to fill the holes that others have.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // NVidia 3060ti FE GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Corsair RM850i 850W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //
    The following 3 users likes this Post: eMc0B, MaximusN, r_outsider

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank621 View Post
    I'm not really a fan of road cars, after all, I play racing games to drive race cars. But I am much more of a fan of the historic stuff. There is far more enjoyment from driving old F1 cars or touring cars than there is from the latest GT3 car. Though now I think about it, that might just be because my internal monologue suddenly becomes Murray Walker when I'm driving old race cars
    Well that's just it. Al my life I loved racing/driving cars. That doesn't translate to loving racecars more than roadcars. The pinnacle of fun was the best motoring series(road cars with crazy Japanese drivers), and even though I definitely was not a console guy I bought a PS1,2,3 and a 360 to play the GT and Forza series(with a wheel of course ). For me being able to drive some of my dreamcars even trumps them being 100% realistic. Of course everything's better now with those same road cars on simgrade level. Or even more fun tuning them in AC with car tuner. As I said before I'm a driving enthusiast much more than a motorsports enthousiast. I want (close) racing but couldn't care less if it's a real class or not. As long as it's fun to drive(and some road tyres are more fun to me) I'm game.

And of course I love racing icons like the 956/962 and eat things like GT Legends(and the AC mod) for breakfast. But as stated that mostly goes for old racing cars. Their modern equivalents(GT3 and the prototype Le Mans classes) bore me to death. Road cars not so much. New cars are still fun, as long as you can turn TC(and ABS) off.
    Last edited by MaximusN; 04-08-2021 at 13:14.