Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nice game - two questions

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Nice game - two questions

I've been playing for several days (Playstation 4). I have to say the game is nice. The driving model is very similar to Project CARS 2 (all assistants disabled). Maybe even the same. It is not an arcade model like in GRID 2019 (it is also a good game in its genre). The campaign is engaging, progress is well planned.

PC 3 is no longer a fully simulator like PC 2 (I don't feel the lack of pit stops that I haven't used, refueling or tire temperature). Despite my concerns, it is a really well-made title. There is still a lot of the simulator left mainly in the driving model, but the use of the name "Project CARS" probably hurt this title. The car settings have also been changed, and changing the settings really affects the driving. So practically only pit stops were cut from the simulation part.

The biggest drawback of this game is the poor graphics (worse than PC 2), poor replays (poor quality, and I have a feeling that less FPS) and not available immediately after the race (why do I have to save first? It doesn't make sense). I understand that graphics engine improvements are visible on computers. These are changes for the future. However, the game looks worse on the previous generation console than PC 2. I wonder how it is on the Playstation 5? I also have doubts about the quality of the AI. I set aggression to the lowest level. The AI ​​doesn't seem to pay attention to the player's car at all and rams it regularly, sticking to its driving line.

On the plus side, a good soundtrack, sound, driving model, addictive campaign, dynamic weather change.

Two questions:
    - Is it possible to somehow turn off these large, flashing numbers before the race starts? (3, 2, 1, start)
    - Will the game be further developed? It's mostly about patches, but for example, tracks like Red Bull Ring or Circuit de la Sarthe are missing (in PC 2 they were)

I read the comments on this forum that support for this game is now over. It would be quite sad. Is this official information?

Platform
    PC
    I think you make some fair points, if I play PC3 and PC2 on my PS4 pro back to back, the framerate on PC2 is noticeably smoother and the graphics and lighting have a more subtle look, this has an effect on gameplay as you are getting a solid 60fps in PC2 throughout, which rarely seems to happen in 3 even in good weather. I can't remember exactly about the 3-2-1-GO, but you can certainly remove just about all of the irritating on screen info and have a pretty clean interface. I do miss having the virtual rear view mirror though from PC1 and 2. If you attach a keyboard and hit ctrl-K, you get seat adjustment with WASD keys which I use a lot and allows you to get a good custom driving view.

I think support seems to be just about done now for PC3, and the move into Codemasters into EA looks to have taken most of the devs energy. The community manager (Fernando) for the game has almost zero presence in this forum, but the moderator Konan is your friend and will always try to help players out. There was more dev presence on the discord channel, but I get the impression that even that has gone quiet now. I just checked discord and Fernando is now listed as a moderator, so maybe he is no longer community manager I'm not sure. Not really a fan of discord personally.

I guess you have joined the game late in its life, I do the same with many games when they hit a good sale price. This forum is quiet but civilised these days, but you will usually find help if you need it. I don't think any special work went into a PS5 version of PC3, but players report an altogether smoother and better experience on the new console. I think PC3 was released within the window when new games had to run on PS5 anyway. There's plenty to enjoy in the game, and you'll get your money's worth.
    i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following user likes this Post: eMc0B

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I can't find where Fernando exactly stated it but what he said came down to the final DLC being the end of support.
    Fernando has since then acquired a job at Codies,so he's no longer the CM for SMS.
    He does remain moderator...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    I guess you have joined the game late in its life, I do the same with many games when they hit a good sale price.
    Yes, it's me . Previews of the game did not look good to me. I decided to buy only after a significant price reduction.

I'll try to play with the HUD settings, maybe some option will remove those big numbers before the race.

The game is really cool, I'm having a great time. I can jump between PC 2 and 3. Depending on whether I need a more sandbox simulator or a better career and accumulating experience points. I would even say that now a career in the game is slightly addictive. It's good to have a choice.

Actually, now these two games complement each other a bit and I would recommend both. The general reluctance of racing enthusiasts was completely unnecessary and exaggerated. I think PC 4 will be a combination of both games.

Thanks for the answers.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: GTsimms, John Hargreaves, Konan

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by eMc0B View Post
    Yes, it's me . Previews of the game did not look good to me. I decided to buy only after a significant price reduction.

I'll try to play with the HUD settings, maybe some option will remove those big numbers before the race.

The game is really cool, I'm having a great time. I can jump between PC 2 and 3. Depending on whether I need a more sandbox simulator or a better career and accumulating experience points. I would even say that now a career in the game is slightly addictive. It's good to have a choice.

Actually, now these two games complement each other a bit and I would recommend both. The general reluctance of racing enthusiasts was completely unnecessary and exaggerated. I think PC 4 will be a combination of both games.

Thanks for the answers.
    You know, I hear people saying that more and more. There's certainly a reason I almost completely ignore reviews for games these days.
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/tanks_photography/

Xbox: tankbuster621 Steam: Tank621 Playstation: Tankbuster621
    The following 2 users likes this Post: GTsimms, Konan

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank621 View Post
    You know, I hear people saying that more and more. There's certainly a reason I almost completely ignore reviews for games these days.
    You have to look at the experience of the reviewers. I totally can't say what I would like to say about most of them. PC3 is not much different than PC2. If, someone thinks so, they are way off. I would say user error. I think eMc0B could be thinking correct for PC4 being a combination of the goodness from PC2 and PC3. But, we shall see.
    Last edited by GTsimms; 17-08-2021 at 05:51.
    PC Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    Samsung Odyssey G5 27"
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)

Primary Fanatec: CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals w/performance kit, R300 w/CSL hub & QR1, McLaren GT3 w/QR1, R330 w/Xbox hub & APMs and Formula V2 w/APMs, Handbrake v.1.5, ClubSport Shifter 1.5 and button caps
    Secondary Wheels: T300 w/T3PA Pro (Sparco Rally and F1), T150 (2x), CSR, & GT3 RS V2 w/CSR pedals

Other wheels used in the past Logitech G25, DFGT (3x), MOMO, and Driving Force (GT3 A-Spec).

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    The funniest part must be how many haters actually used tire wear and pit stops in PC2.
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by nono782 View Post
    The funniest part must be how many haters actually used tire wear and pit stops in PC2.
    I use pitstops quite often when playing online in PC2, since the probability of getting into an accident on public servers is very high) Leaving the game in the event of a minor accident is considered indecent, I think many people know this by the rules of simracing. And need to monitor tire wear, sometimes they become unusable in 5 - 7 laps with several sharp braking, due to avoidance of an accident) or falling into the sand, or simply due to the configuration of the track.
    Last edited by BorisK; 17-08-2021 at 18:55.

Platform
    PC
    I must admit I often avoided doing races with pitstops in PCARS2 because I really didn't like trying to use the In-Car Menu whilst driving.
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/tanks_photography/

Xbox: tankbuster621 Steam: Tank621 Playstation: Tankbuster621
    The following 3 users likes this Post: GTsimms, John Hargreaves, Konan

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank621 View Post
    I must admit I often avoided doing races with pitstops in PCARS2 because I really didn't like trying to use the In-Car Menu whilst driving.
    Yes, this menu is inconvenient. I made myself a few pit strategies, for short races I removed the tire change and refueling, left only the repairs. I choose before the race.