Thread: Native Resolution 4k want to play FullHD

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Native Resolution 4k want to play FullHD

Hi bcs it seems my card will go soon to silicon heaven, I switch all games from 4K to Full HD.

With project cars its really pain in the a**. I havent been playing PC for 2 months and now problem I sloved (but dont remember how) , its back again

I can play only in 4k. If I choose any other resolution I hear sound , I hear fans going mad, but I see only little black square. No chance to alt + enter.

I read the formus, but it seems that most of the people have only problems with "windowed mode" in native resolution in fullscreen.

I barely remember that I propably dont touch config file, and I think when I install latest drivers it starts suddenly workinŽ.

So I try to reinstall the drivers (not the same the newest) but without any succes.

Any suggestions? (except of switch my whole desktop to fullHD)

Thx

PS: I was searching steam forums, would like to search this one, but cant find the hidden button to search in subforum
    PS2: GPU nvidia GeForce 1080

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    kfc, ok I got by the chance solution, just because yesterday nvidia released new drivers

apperently reinstalling the same drivers doesnt help, but new ones (dont know why help)

I use nvidia experience to set resolution to FullHD (bcs in-game resolution, just ignore my change or I end up again in black square)

So next time, I probably need to install some older drivers and then again the latest (hope it will works, otherwise I will have to wait everytime for new drivers to come out)

You can probably mark this as solved (on the other side ideas why this is happining are welcome)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Ok another observation before this topic gets closed. Yeah it is strange that this is happening only in Project Cars, but can also be related to (my guess now) to corrupted cable or card. The problem starts out of the blue again today. So I switch from display port to hdmi cable (which I dont know again why, I have to switch to 1.4, even when card and monitor is expensive and new enough to support 2.0). Ok another questions will be probably for Toms hardware or similiar sites. Cheers.