Thread: XJR-9 Roof Light

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

XJR-9 Roof Light

Can anybody tell me what was the function of the roof light on the 1988 Silk Cut XJR-9

Australia. Home of Mount Panorama, Bathurst
    Platform
    PS4
    I'd like to think it was some sort of identification light. And each car had a different coloured light on the roof, so they could tell which car was pitting at night.
    But i could be wrong.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Womp83 View Post
    I'd like to think it was some sort of identification light. And each car had a different coloured light on the roof, so they could tell which car was pitting at night.
    But i could be wrong.
    I've watched footage of the race and there not always on even when its getting dark and the headlights are on, I seen them on when comming into the pits and then they are off leaving the pits, I've also seen the car pass the pit board with the light on and then it off as it goes past!!

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    can you share more details about it, what is the error you are facing. You can also check smm panel for more details.
    Last edited by Danijonn23; 12-11-2021 at 05:37.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Danijonn23 View Post
    can you share more details about it, what is the error you are facing. You can also check smm panel for more details.
    I'm in the process of building a child size XJR-9 for my grand children to go to the Le-Mans classic 'Little Big Mans' and I wanted to get as much detail correct as I can. The roof light appears on the silk cut cars in 1988 but not on the Castrol XJR-9 which won Daytona some years later (1990 I believe). I just cant work out what it was for!!

Platform
    PC
    @Michael T

That's a spam account.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Australia. Home of Mount Panorama, Bathurst
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael T View Post
    I've watched footage of the race and there not always on even when its getting dark and the headlights are on, I seen them on when comming into the pits and then they are off leaving the pits, I've also seen the car pass the pit board with the light on and then it off as it goes past!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael T View Post
    I'm in the process of building a child size XJR-9 for my grand children to go to the Le-Mans classic 'Little Big Mans' and I wanted to get as much detail correct as I can. The roof light appears on the silk cut cars in 1988 but not on the Castrol XJR-9 which won Daytona some years later (1990 I believe). I just cant work out what it was for!!
    That's interesting reguarding your comment about the light when the car is pitting, and it going on and off as it passes the pit board or possibly the start/finish line. After reading your original question about it, i googled it to see if i could find anything. But had no luck, as everything that came up was about Jag XJ road cars, and interior lighting.

I hope you find out some info about it, cause i'd also like to know now, lol. I've noticed the Mercedes Sauber C9 also has a roof light.
    And best of luck on your project you're building.